A game says f*** you

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
No mentions of Portal 2? At least story-wise.

I mean, you help the guy get control over the facility so he'll let you go. Then he realizes he can now do what he wants so he kicks you and your mortal enemy down an almost-bottomless pit.

Also, FFX. The thing on Mushroom Rock Road violently murdered me multiple times. As did that cannon thing on the frozen lake.

wynnsora

Nov 16, 2009
Okage. I love this game, I love how it's quirky and a jrpg and it fucks me over every damn time. I'll use the last time I played as an example. I decided to start a new game and got through the entire opening bit just fine. I got up to where we meet the hero with the pink shadow when suddenly right after I get attacked by a team of man eating onions. Almost immediately I die, no save. The time before this I spent 3 hours trying to finish a dungeon floor puzzle to get to the boss only for the boss to beat me in 2 turns and I forgot to save right before then. I swear it does this to me on purpose when it knows I haven't saved for a while.

Bugerion

Jan 10, 2011
leet_x1337 said:
Any time you have to do forced stealth in first-person. Be it a non-mandatory-but-combat-is-inadvisable game like Deus Ex, or a full-on mission like in Soldier of Fortune 2... first-person stealth is impossible for the player.

(And if Yahtzee is to be believed, the only time it's ever been pulled off is in the Thief games, none of which I've played for myself.)
Ugh is that a game where zou can save only 3 times in a misson gah I hated that game

monken8

Apr 28, 2011
in the dirty harry game theres a room that is spiocificaly designed to make you reset your consol

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I don't like the way how SpaceChem, Trials 2 (and other such games with global statistics) say "haha, fuck you, tens of thousands other players were this much better than you". And that's often after putting out a skill-pushing performance.

godofgamers

Oct 20, 2010
andrew201292 said:
Stalker clear sky, got it the other day when the guide takes you to the second area its right in front of a military base which shoots on sight the machine gun kills you almost instantly as soon as you move and it was night so i could see where i was going but i couldnt seek past either. ragequit
I would extend that to basically the entirety of Clear Sky. When I get sniped by a guy with a sawnoff, that's the point where I feel the game hates me just a little too much.

I think it was in Tomb Raider 3, the first, last, and only Tomb Raider game I ever played; I needed to open a big stone door quite early on in the game (before even engaging my first enemy), and Lara just wouldn't jump from the rope to the ledge. After about an hour of trying to get her to do what I wanted I just gave up and did something else.

The Legend of Zelda 1 and 2. Pure evil.

COD MW 2. The bastards killed me for no apparent reason after I died a great many times trying to reach them.

The ending to Duke Nukem Forever.

Minecraft, with regards to the creepers.

Mass Effect 2, whenever I try to take cover or get back behind it and end up vaulting over the cover and straight into enemy gunfire.

A few of the quicktime events in the Wii version of Resident Evil 4.

The inventory system in RE5.

Spore. The Grox. The game tells you to seek them out, and then they will almost inevitably declare war on you and completely ruin any chance you had of actually having fun. If that's not the game saying "Fuck you", I don't know what is.

bobfish92

Feb 2, 2011
andrew201292 said:
Stalker clear sky, got it the other day when the guide takes you to the second area its right in front of a military base which shoots on sight the machine gun kills you almost instantly as soon as you move and it was night so i could see where i was going but i couldnt seek past either. ragequit
... or just sneak through/kill the piss easy bandit camp on the previous map and use their non-cordoned entrance?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
crimsonshrouds said:
Ever have a moment in a game where it says fuck you? A moment where you feel the game was intentionally programmed to screw you over.

I've had that moment recently with Disgaea DS where im trying to get the cave of ordeal passed and i have all of the high level characters in agreement wtih me. Yet i couldnt get the dark assembly to agree with me no matter how many times i tried. I finally forced the bill through.

[HEADING=2]Ninja Gaiden when you switch over to Easy mode.[/HEADING]

Basically if you die at least 3 times, instead of getting a continue you'll get "Do You Abandon the Ninja way"? Basically it pesters you to the point at where if you say "Yes" You then get a cutscene of your apprentice saying that you couldn't do it the right way and that she'll have to help your sorry ass along the way.

Yeah....Pretty much made me rage quit and start the game over.

Also I just want to add one more game.......

[HEADING=1]The Ending of Shadow of the Colossus[/HEADING]

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Unlike many, I found 'Dark Link' a walk in the park. I mean, having the Biggoron sword was pretty much the key to that, but eh, flawless victory.

For me, it would be every time I've played a CoD game. Ever. I suck that bad. It's just run forwards, get shot. I cannot improve! Hell, I even managed to commit suicide by dolphin diving once!

And Final Fantasy games. I'm just bad at them.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
katsumoto03 said:
Demon's Souls is the biggest "fuck you" game ever made.

Beat Battletoads....then re-evaluate that statement

No wait better yet.

[HEADING=2] I WANT TO BE THE GUY [/HEADING]

A game made by satan himself

<youtube=CPBgxWyXYKI&feature=related>

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Lagao said:
Resident Evil 5 Chapter 5-3.
Licker Room, Barely survive that with my friend, we're both nearly dead and...WESKER AND JILL!?!?!
LMFAO XD This is why you always have that Grenade Launcher Ready. Trust me that room isn't as hard as it sounds considering if you're playing with a friend you can simply just shoot them off the walls while your friend pushes the dumpster.

In my opinion though, the Biggest "FUCK YOU MOMENT" has to be Getting to the end of
Ghosts n' Goblins only to find out that you have to GO BACK and beat that hardass game again to really kill the main villain.........FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I Wanna Be The Guy. Everything in that game will kill you, and often you don't know it until you die. I mean, how am I supposed to know that apple would fall upwards at the speed of sound and kill me? Or, that that tree would suddenly grow and arm that touches me and kill me? Or that that tombstone would fall down on top of me and kill me? OR that that floor tile suddenly would dissapear, making me fall to my death?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Oh how bout the original ending to Neverwineter Nights 2?

You beat the final boss. What's your reward? Being crushed by falling rocks of course.

The Mask of the Betrayer did retcon it so that most of your companions survived (Or at least the likeable ones at least) but they don't show up in that game anyway so it doesn't matter much.