A Movie that you hate that everybody else loves.

Aug 13, 2008
TheMatt said:
AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt said:
the godfather part 1 (havent seen part 2)
not that great

also, high school musical was kickass awesome no matter what you say
You are hereby fined 50 Man points. Turn in your Man license to your nearest Man HQ.

Seriously, that's fricken blasphemy.
pfft
the book was so ridicuously much better
goodfellas was also so much better

as for high school musical, how can you dis the zackster
it's like hating life (not surprising with the way some of you talk)
chill out, relax, chillax
only then will you see its genius

Riding on Thermals

Aug 28, 2008
Napoleon Dynamite, Talladega Nights, STEP BROTHERS (honestly anything with John C. Reilly), Godfather 1&2, Forest Gump (just... can't... stand it). There are many many more.

And now for something completely different...
wc_rock said:
Really? No one's said it yet? Fine, I'll do it. Donnie fuckin Darko. Holy crap, that movie was so horrible I think it gave me cancer. Okay, we get it! This movie is dark and brooding and introspective and artsy and the perfect thing for young troubled kids to dye their hair to so they can be non-conformists by all dressing the same. And yes there were a lot of good actors in that movie (Jake Gyllenhaal,Mary McDonnell,Patrick fucking Swayze) but it seemed as though all of them forgot how to act the minute they were handed a script....or the script was so god awful that they could do nothing with it.....I'll go with the first one.
That has to be in my top 3 movies ever, primarily because of the acting. How was it bad? Who didn't act their part to perfection? Regardless...

To whomever said Fight Club: Read the book, it was miles ahead of the film (though I liked that one a lot)

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
Daveman said:
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
i hate tom cruise, the man cannot act
That is clearly rubbish, I'm sorry, I can take so much but that tom cruise is bad? no

see MI, Rainman, Jerry Maguire and actually anything else, the man is awesome
MI2&3, risky business, a few good men and neary all the rest. His only good films are top gun, war of the worlds and the last samurai.
Also, scientology, need i say anymore
MI2&3 were just poor and there was nothing he could do to save them

and I think we can forgive a man being a nutjob if he continues to produce awesome fims

lol also,
"can you shoot a gun"
"yeah I guess"
"can you defend yourself in hand to hand combat"
"sort of, no"
"do you think top gun has gay overtones?"
"duh, yes"
"he's a sharp one alright"

very small cookie for obvious reference

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Heat.
Everybody else seems to love it but I almost killed myself sitting through it right to the end.

Also any and every film russel crowe has ever been in.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
Sauvastika said:
2001: A Space Odyssey. I could barely get through the first half. It's like watching a race between a snail and drying paint.
even though I do love the movie I do recognize that it is one of the slowest I have ever seen

wc_rock

May 28, 2009
Propagandasaurus said:
wc_rock said:
Really? No one's said it yet? Fine, I'll do it. Donnie fuckin Darko. Holy crap, that movie was so horrible I think it gave me cancer. Okay, we get it! This movie is dark and brooding and introspective and artsy and the perfect thing for young troubled kids to dye their hair to so they can be non-conformists by all dressing the same. And yes there were a lot of good actors in that movie (Jake Gyllenhaal,Mary McDonnell,Patrick fucking Swayze) but it seemed as though all of them forgot how to act the minute they were handed a script....or the script was so god awful that they could do nothing with it.....I'll go with the first one.
Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor?
Ehhh he's not the best but he's not terrible. It's hit or miss with him really. His sister on the other hand has no talent what so ever. I wish she had been water boarded in Dark Knight before being blown to bits.

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt said:
the godfather part 1 (havent seen part 2)
not that great

also, high school musical was kickass awesome no matter what you say
*SLAP*
Don't you ever talk about The Godfather that way!

No one knows

Jun 10, 2009
Nacho Libre almost made me forget how to laugh, you know there's something wrong with your film when the line "When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants" doesn't even raise a smile. Also, I get why Citizen Kane was all epic and everything but it was so boring...

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
lukemdizzle said:
Sauvastika said:
2001: A Space Odyssey. I could barely get through the first half. It's like watching a race between a snail and drying paint.
even though I do love the movie I do recognize that it is one of the slowest I have ever seen
When I was watching that with my da at one point where a spaceship is landing he turned to me and said "This is why I like futurama,They just fly in and land really quickly"