A terrible plague upon the Escapist... (Please set an avatar)

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Ok.

Deal with it. Screenshot, paste into paint, cut tiny bit of the right colour.
Simple solution.

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
Honestly, I find that disturbing laugh thingy with the odd edge-detection-algorithm-picture-thing(so I have weird connections with stuff) happening far worse than the blank face (especially since it is more than one).

What the heck even started it o_O?

But yeah, personal avatars still cool. You guys should get them, and be cool like me.

So not really cool, but hey.

Should still get one.

trust me.

truuuuuuusssssttttttttttttt meeeeeeeeeeee

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
All I ask is for that creepy laughing avatar to stop haunting my nightmares, the only reason I'd want people to pick an avatar is it helps recognise them when scrolling through posts, you can't help but pause when you see one you remember, I might be missing some insightful stuff.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
This argument is just a little pointless and stupid isn't it?

Also, why is R. Lee Emery haunting my dreams?

No seriously, what the fuck is up with that?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Just think of all the great avatars you could have.

I'd be really hesitant to get rid of my desert bus one.

Vinculi

Jan 15, 2009
maxmanrules said:
Well, I changed my avatar.
I guess you could say, this thread was a little serious...
Dammit, you beat me to it. I decided to put eyes on mine.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Vinculi said:
maxmanrules said:
Well done, you are also awesome. I was thinking about eyes, but they're meant to be black and so wouldn't stand out well. You did manage to make yours look very creepy however. I might have to do a batman one.

Vinculi

Jan 15, 2009
maxmanrules said:
Vinculi said:
maxmanrules said:
Well done, you are also awesome. I was thinking about eyes, but they're meant to be black and so wouldn't stand out well. You did manage to make yours look very creepy however. I might have to do a batman one.
I wasn't planning on keeping it, I just wanted to annoy the guy who made the topic

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
I have to say I'm genuinely surprised by how many people are annoyed at the Full Metal Jacket avatar thing. It's just a joke and they'll stop within a week or so I'm sure, jeez.

And I agree, that default avatar is pretty hideous.

ace518

Jun 27, 2011
Why, because I don't think I have ever gone to my profile page, ever, to look at the settings.

I only have a profile so I can respond to threads like this and express how petty a person must be to complain about something like this, as a plague.

Excuse me. a 'Terrible plague'. Rather dramatic, don't you think? Stop worrying so much about why or why not I care what my online persona is, and start worrying more about why this is so unsettling to you that you feel you need to post about it. I feel you may have a void of things to complain about in life, so instead of being happy, you need to make up new crap to complain about. Either that or you get some type of pleasure out of pointing out how superior you are to us unenlightened folks who don't give a crap how big our e-penis level has gotten.

And to answer your question, as to why I keep the default. Cuz i'm a lazy person, who can't be bothered to change it, and the default avatar 'snapshots my personality' by showing you just how lazy I am.