Acess Denied

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Jesus Christ, what a fail thread full of failure.

EVERYONE CAN DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT FOR FREE. IT'S NOT ILLEGAL. YOU STILL NEED AN ACCOUNT OR A CD-KEY TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT. HE JUST WANTS TO DO IT BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A LOT FASTER THAN DOWNLOADING AGAIN!!

If you really don't know the laws of MMOs, please, don't talk. What next, you'll say that copying games from Steam from one PC to another PC, even if that person also bought the game, is illegal? God...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
NuclearPenguin said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
NuclearPenguin said:
..Retrying every 3 minutes?
Yeah. Apparently Blizzard bug search every 3 minutes

EDIT:
NuclearPenguin said:
Ok... so what does it say when you click 'download'.
A box pops up, right?
Click 'Save'
No download box comes up, no. Im using chrome.
Urgh. I don't know Chrome.

Switch to Firefox/IE just for downloading the downloader then.

Mr.Black

Oct 27, 2009
NuclearPenguin said:
Meh.
Im trying to copy WoW over from a friends PC via Sharing (Is Caring) and when I try to do it it says acess denied and says that I need to enable acess and such, its called Skrivskyddad in swedish, not exactly sure what itd be called in english. "Writing Protection" maybe.. I doubt it. But anyway, does anyone know how to make it so I can copy it over?
In other words, how I can disable whats blocking me..

Guys, its WoW, I can download it free from blizzard if I want. I have a subscription active. I have the discs. But I want it on my netbook, and id like to have it today. Now, I dont have a disc drive on my netbook so thats out of the question and im lanning so id prefer to play it while im lanning.
Make sure the computer you're grabbing it from is shared and you have access to it (right-click C drive > sharing > etc). Not really much else to say.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Mr.Black said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Meh.
Im trying to copy WoW over from a friends PC via Sharing (Is Caring) and when I try to do it it says acess denied and says that I need to enable acess and such, its called Skrivskyddad in swedish, not exactly sure what itd be called in english. "Writing Protection" maybe.. I doubt it. But anyway, does anyone know how to make it so I can copy it over?
In other words, how I can disable whats blocking me..

Guys, its WoW, I can download it free from blizzard if I want. I have a subscription active. I have the discs. But I want it on my netbook, and id like to have it today. Now, I dont have a disc drive on my netbook so thats out of the question and im lanning so id prefer to play it while im lanning.
Make sure the computer you're grabbing it from is shared and you have access to it (right-click C drive > sharing > etc). Not really much else to say.
I can take most of the stuff from him, just not all of it.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
HE HAS BOUGHT THE GAME PEOPLE. HE JUST WANTS A COPY ON ANOTHER PC AND DOESN'T HAVE HIS DISKS WITH HIM.

Jesus...

Google Chrome is likly too new, so the Blizzard site probably has no idea wtf it is, your better off opening IE (if it's not on your desktop, check under program files on your start menu) and trying it that way, then saving the client to your PC.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
HE HAS BOUGHT THE GAME PEOPLE. HE JUST WANTS A COPY ON ANOTHER PC AND DOESN'T HAVE HIS DISKS WITH HIM.

Jesus...
Not that I dont have the discs with me, I dont have a disc drive, but yes, youre right.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
ahlycks said:
why play wow? its boorinng. Dont play it, problemb solved
You, sir, are fail.
The man asked for help, and we shall help him.
Within the boundaries of the law, that is
From what I've seen in this thread you're not a big help at all.

NuclearPenguin said:
Not that I dont have the discs with me, I dont have a disc drive, but yes, youre right.
I would get a USB, copy the client to it, then stick it in the netbook.

That's how I got Guild Wars on mine.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
dududf said:
You still have to buy the game, and from *Cough* personal experience, you can play on private servers. Subscription not needed.
And the private servers are also illegal.
No they're not. Blizzard doesn't like them but that doesn't make them illegal to play on and it's legal to host one.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Erm correct me if I'm wrong, don't you need the individual CD's from the official versions to co-incide with your newly created account anyway... So what he's doing isn't illegal, he's just reusing already owned merch.

... I've tried a private server once...disliked it, never went back. Just wanted to see if I could play a caster... and would you believe it, I sucked. So I'm forever staying melee.

Ermm Can't help you dude, I suggest just downloading it fully again to your other computer.

Really, just download it again, I KNOW it's a royal pain, I've had to do it 3 times... But it really is the only way. There's alot of copyright protection on copying the data outright.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
You could have just downloaded it for free yourself, and avoided the whole stupid mess...