Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I hope that it is good. But I thought that it was supposed to be in Vietnam? Mabye Vietnamese black ops.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Note to studios, and everyone: Stop putting dates in 11.9.10 format! That can mean 9th November, or 11th September depending on where you are in the world. Just say the damn date!
I think I can guess what controversy this latest CoD will be courting...

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
VanBasten said:
sephiroth1991 said:
Wait wasn't The MW Cods about Black ops? I mean i know they about SAS but still they just the same thing.
Half of each MW's was black ops-ish, yeah.
The other halves were "Americans invading unnamed middle eastern country"(Notiraqistan,MW1) and "ZOMG Russian Invasion"(MW2).

But in all fairness, that sort of "small team with an objective to do" is the staple of all FPS games.
I was hoping they would go to the Vietnam war or sumthin'

but i guess go where the money is.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
reg42 said:
Does this mean it's stealth-based? Either way, I'm interested.
Doubt it, CoD was always fast-paced action, going stealthy would be to big of a departure from its predecessors.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
dedicate the MP servers on PC and I will give anyone at treyarch a BJ
no homo.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
VanBasten said:
reg42 said:
Doubt it, CoD was always fast-paced action, going stealthy would be to big of a departure from its predecessors.
Well there were stealth based missions in CoD4 and MW2, so they can work. The name "Black Ops" just screams stealth to me.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
reg42 said:
VanBasten said:
reg42 said:
Well there were stealth based missions in CoD4 and MW2, so they can work. The name "Black Ops" just screams stealth to me.
There was a stealth mission in CoD3, too.

justhereforthemoney

Aug 31, 2009
oppp7 said:
I can tell that this game is going to be panned. Doesn't matter if it's good or not, people are going to hate it for not being made by IW.
I can actually see that being true. But I am still going to be excited.

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
[Insert derisive fart noise here]

Treyarch really missed out on the opportunity to do Guitar Hero Call of Duty World War Tour

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
reg42 said:
VanBasten said:
reg42 said:
There was a stealth mission in CoD3, too.
And you can't forget the huuuuuuugeeee stealth bit in Modern Warfare (The proper one :3). Sadly though I've decided to stop buying CoD games, I think the series has gone past it's sell buy date... :\ Maybe if the reviews for this one are good I'll bite, but I'm not going to rush out and buy it.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
reg42 said:
Well there were stealth based missions in CoD4 and MW2
If you're referring to All Ghillied Up and Cliffhanger, then yes I suppose that sort of stuff will probably pop up, but that's not exactly what comes to my mind when someone says stealth based game.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
oppp7 said:
I can tell that this game is going to be panned. Doesn't matter if it's good or not, people are going to hate it for not being made by IW.
Me thinks there is a lot of truth to this statement.

My opinion and experience leads me to believe that this will be a good effort, but probably not up to the standards that I'm used to.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
OptimusPrime33 said:
justhereforthemoney said:
oppp7 said:
I can actually see that being true. But I am still going to be excited.
I know i'm a noob for asking this but, what's panned? like, boycott?
When people pan something they say negative things about it. But like, to a large degree. "This is shit!" instead of "This isn't quite what I was expecting".
VanBasten said:
reg42 said:
Well there were stealth based missions in CoD4 and MW2
If you're referring to All Ghillied Up and Cliffhanger, then yes I suppose that sort of stuff will probably pop up, but that's not exactly what comes to my mind when someone says stealth based game.
I dunno, it was just a thought based on the title.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I'm confused after reading this:-

http://kotaku.com/5527676/report-call-of-duty-7-goin-to-vietnam

Does this mean its Vietnam Black Ops? or has someone jumped the gun on one of these announcements