Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
wooty said:
I'm confused after reading this:-

http://kotaku.com/5527676/report-call-of-duty-7-goin-to-vietnam

Does this mean its Vietnam Black Ops? or has someone jumped the gun on one of these announcements
It's called Black Ops and it's in Vietnam.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Hmmm...my interest in FPSs has waned over the years. This had better be incredible to warrant a purchase.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Awexsome said:
There's probably no better for Treyarch to become the hero... making a kick-ass CoD game after all these shenanigans would be it. I hope they succeed.
as much as i loathed WaW, this... game... has...po.tent.ial. my word that was hard to say. but i hope its a flop so Activision suffer for what they did to Brutal Legend and IW. (as a PS3 user i bear Bungie no ill will)

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
I love Treyarch, and I think they have won the entire PC gaming community. Especially with how much effort they put into WaW with patches (extra levels, nazi zombie modes) and then the collosoal faggots at IW makes us pay for 5 maps on the world's worst PC match making system (which I am unfortunately still playing).

Can't wait Treyarch, the PC clans of Australia are looking forward to a decent CoD game.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
reg42 said:
VanBasten said:
reg42 said:
Does this mean it's stealth-based? Either way, I'm interested.
Doubt it, CoD was always fast-paced action, going stealthy would be to big of a departure from its predecessors.
Well there were stealth based missions in CoD4 and MW2, so they can work. The name "Black Ops" just screams stealth to me.
Eh, Black just means clandestine, usually outside normal military protocol. Not necessarly stealth, just government will deny your existence if you get captured.Oh and they tend to be rather morally fucked.

That said I am looking forward too this as long as it is actual black ops type stuff. Not this Hollywood secret agent bullshit. I mean the insert a team that uses psych ops and non standard equipment, your exploits never going to see the light of day and you will being having nightmares for years due to PTSD. You will never be recognized for your efforts, no military acknowledgment if you die, etc. This is a bit of a touchy subject since I know someone that was involved in this shit back in Vietnam >_>

black-magic

May 21, 2009
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this game will be terrible, MW: 2 was terrible, CoD as a series is now terrible.
Screw you CoD, back to my MOH roots.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I remember when they announced CoD 2, and I was a little surprised they were releasing a sequel to the first (although I wasn't really aware of it's apparent popularity at my age) and I was genuinely excited.

I stopped giving a fuck after that though.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Maybe "Black Ops" will be a prologe story between the 5 years of MW1 and MW2 surrounding Task Force 141 or the S.A.S. Maybe?

Aw well a man can dream, but hey I wish them the best of luck I really enjoyed World at War and Nazi Zombies.... So... Yeah!

*Thumbs Up*

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
So this probably isn't the Vietnam one.
That, or the game will just play like a whole lot of Spec Ops.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
this game looks too be good but only time will tell

and as for the activision infinity ward problems...sigh

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
waterhazard said:
reg42 said:
Yes! A new Treyarch game! I loved WaW.
Onyx Oblivion said:
Go Treyarch. You've always been much more community friendly than IW.

Both great devs, but I like Treyarch more.

Besides, I adored WaW.
*Suicides*
Rather explain why you differ from our opinions than be pretentious and reported.

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
I'm actually looking forward to this with bated breath. My friends and I absolutely loved CoD: WaW, so I'm hoping that Treyarch pulls out all the stops on this one. Gonna be cautious about it, but I'll definitely be getting it if it's at least above average.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, lets see how they do without the star players...Thats going to be intresting

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I don't see how the title "Black Ops" precludes this being set in the Second Indochina War a.k.a the Vietnam War. On the contrary, Vietnam has plenty of history as far as black operations are concerned.

Anyway, I will be paying close attention to this title. Considering the rather unique setting and the fact that Infinity Ward disappointed a lot of gamers with Modern Warfare 2 (especially PC ones), this is truly a unique chance for Treyarch to shine. If they can make an excellent title, it will help a lot in shaking off the stigma of them being the "B-team".

One can only hope they will not make the same mistakes as Infinity Ward....especially as far as mod support/dedicated servers are concerned.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
oppp7 said:
I can tell that this game is going to be panned. Doesn't matter if it's good or not, people are going to hate it for not being made by IW.
Sad isn't it?

But then again, people are largely loyal to branding.
god i hate people, the majority are frustratingly stupid.