Activision Joins the Anti-Used Games Crusade

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
I rarely buy games new, because fuck, $59.99 is like 6 albums on iTunes, which is probably going to last me longer than the average game.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I liked project 10 dollar. I buy most of my games new. Some games that I just wanted to try I ended up waiting on (like Brutal Legend) and some games had promo sales (like Left 4 Dead).

However, I also like being able to trade in old games for new ones. I traded in the old Dragon Age and got the expansion for free.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
First things first, i hate and Boycott DLC ! secondly, they've lost my respect on their brand.

with DLC gamers are being held by the Balls...

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
I don't see how DLC will help limit used sales. First of all, DLC costs money. Why would I pay more than the already expensive $50-60 for a game? If this actually happens, why wouldn't I buy a used copy and and use the saved money to buy the DLCs? This is a stupid tactic. Activision is quickly becoming the worst developer/publisher I know of.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
DEAR GOD STOP TRYING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING WE LOVE ABOUT GAMES ACTIVISION!

Sorry, could not contain the anti-caps rage.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Correction.

It will focus on DLC to make more money.

They charge more than anyone else for DLC's that often dont have as much content.

The Halo map packs where 800 MS points, the MW2 ones where 1200 MS points.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
They'll have to do better than the crap they gave with ME2 if they want this to work. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but the Cerberus Network is woefully unimpressive.

Also, charging absurd amounts of cash for a few lousy maps ($20 for 4 maps....lol) or a costume or some left out content later on doesn't do a lot to endear customers to want to shell early at a premium.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Dear Activision,

We're in recession. Either stop selling your games for $60 apiece, or start hiring us.

Dearest Condolences,
Geldonyetich

P.S. Stop whining to us about used games. That's all GameStop's idea. Seriously, we can't even buy one of your games without their salesmen aggressively telling us we should trade in all the games we own.

Kaez

Jan 11, 2010
So from what I am reading here is that Activision does something most other publishers have been doing and you jump down their throats, but if EA or another publisher does it, it's all fine and good.

Hypocrites

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
cursedseishi said:
Woodsey said:
Normally I side with the publishers on this, but Activision are shooting themselves in the foot.

Modern Warfare 2 was what, £50? No shit, I can't believe people bought that second hand!
Activision has been shooting themselves in the foot once a day for the past several days... this doesn't surprise me.
Surely you mean the past year at least?

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Hey look, I have the choice of buying the game new for £40, or I can get it second hand for £20 and pay and extra £5 for the content. Wait, it's just some extra mulitplayer maps and guns, or tits. I'm alright, I don't care about the multiplayer maps and tits I can find on the internet for free.