Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
Mr. Alien, allow me to bring you an answer with a philosophy we have on our world. humanity can barely co-exist with each other and most of the time we can't even live with the enviroment that keeps us alive. yes there are some who are worth saving but for the most part. no...fuck no...a million times no. now maybe if your people took control of us or brought some enlightenment to us, then maybe JUST MAYBE our pathetic mud race might be worth something to the cosmos as a large. if you don't want to waste the energy on our people, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Monkeybald

Nov 13, 2010
Aliens, you'd do well to keep us around because... ahhm... we... er...

... have you seen Mars or Jupiter lately? Pretty interesting planets!

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
Yeah, lets kill all the children in the world, all the innocent boys and girls leading a bright and happy life. Kill all the people who, instead of sulking about how shit life is on the internet go out and try to make the world a better place, even if only for one person to be happy. Kill all the elderly who look at the youth and reminisce about the experiences they have had as a child. Kill all the gleaming, expectant mothers, all the fathers playing with their kids, all the volunteers helping the homeless, all those who have gone through hell and have managed to lead a happy, fulfilling life. Kill them all.

But first, tell me why you would do such a thing in the first place.

Zenkem

May 3, 2009
Space is big and empty. We're the only local lifeform with even a chance to spread life and complexity outside this singular planet.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
"Who the hell are you to come and judge us!?! We'll show you alien bastards!"

Xenocide! Humanity goes onto form the Imperium and rule the galaxy!

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
Holy jeez!

This thread really took off didn't it?

Gone for about day or so and suddenly 17 pages.

Thanks for the replies! Seems to be an equal amount of optmism and pessemism.

Evill_Bob

Nov 18, 2009
AbundantRedundancy said:
I'd ask, "Who the fuck are you to judge?"
I'd put it a little nicer than that but pretty much give them a simular answer.

Rabish Bini said:
Yeah, lets kill all the children in the world, all the innocent boys and girls leading a bright and happy life. Kill all the people who, instead of sulking about how shit life is on the internet go out and try to make the world a better place, even if only for one person to be happy. Kill all the elderly who look at the youth and reminisce about the experiences they have had as a child. Kill all the gleaming, expectant mothers, all the fathers playing with their kids, all the volunteers helping the homeless, all those who have gone through hell and have managed to lead a happy, fulfilling life. Kill them all.

But first, tell me why you would do such a thing in the first place.
OR THAT.

Gooseboy

Aug 21, 2009
Come back in 20 years, look at the progression. Judge then. Or not at all. We are an interesting species, of which I do hate, but I could definitely say that we have an entertaining factor from the perspective of an outside species.

And aliens, if you've come across the universe to obliterate species, what a bunch of scrotums you are.
I mean, you may be the superior race in all ways, but that doesn't give you the right to judge the outcome of an entire species. That's just inhuman... Wait nevermind.
It's never worth killing off an entire species because there's no telling what good they can do.

But proof, look at the rare cases of unconditional and outstanding good in this world.
Or look at the skyrim gameplay trailer. Then piss off, i'm hungry.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
zehydra said:
llubtoille said:
If you mean saving from ourselves, then I wouldn't make an argument,
if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it.

If you mean saving from said aliens - as in the aliens think a super-space highway would look great right where we orbit,
then I probably still wouldn't make an argument, as that would be a funny way to die.
"if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it."

what does that even mean? "If we are in a deterministic universe, and it is determined that humanity will exterminate itself somehow, then we deserve what will happen by necessity anyway"??
hmm, I don't follow the last like - "the we deserve what will happen by necessity anyway?"
but yes to the rest.
If said aliens have some fancy techo which allows them to view the future in some magical way, and has determined that we are as a species doom (via our own actions), then I'd be in favor of them not taking action to prevent this outcome.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
HT_Black said:
Kurokami said:
HT_Black said:
Send them a care package including a copy of the New Testamet and the Koran, two live baby rabbits, two teenagers in love, a green chicken egg weighing 2 grams, a picture of the Eiffel tower, and a bit of asorted bric-a-brac. Either they get it or they don't.
Didn't get it myself, but sending them the Quran and the New Testament to have them fighting amongst themselves sounds like a great idea.
Pretty words, other pretty words, something adorable (which is unique to Earth), something passionate [albeit stupid], something strange and wonderful (unique to earth), a kickass building (unique to Earth), and whatever else is nice that's unique to Earth. The message being "Here's some really cool stuff we did, don't blow us up. Or at least take all that stuff with you."
How can you confidently say they're all unique to earth? I mean, yes the chances that they have near the exact same things is minuscule, but having nothing even remotely similar, that I would doubt as well.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
llubtoille said:
zehydra said:
llubtoille said:
If you mean saving from ourselves, then I wouldn't make an argument,
if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it.

If you mean saving from said aliens - as in the aliens think a super-space highway would look great right where we orbit,
then I probably still wouldn't make an argument, as that would be a funny way to die.
"if we're destined for doom, then we deserve it."

what does that even mean? "If we are in a deterministic universe, and it is determined that humanity will exterminate itself somehow, then we deserve what will happen by necessity anyway"??
hmm, I don't follow the last like - "the we deserve what will happen by necessity anyway?"
but yes to the rest.
If said aliens have some fancy techo which allows them to view the future in some magical way, and has determined that we are as a species doom (via our own actions), then I'd be in favor of them not taking action to prevent this outcome.
Not many things, if anything, last for forever. By that logic you should never bother doing anything because it will eventually end/die out. Buying a pet that would otherwise die would be useless, even if it does prolong its life and give it some happiness. (If you care for animals much that is) Having a baby is useless, cause it's gonna die.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
gCrusher said:
Play music for them. We create some great audible noise. There's so many types, got to be something for everyone, even ET's.
Outside of Star Wars, how often do you see aliens and music together? It almost never happens, so they need us to bring it to them.
Well....

We could show them Minecraft...
or...
We could show them the game LSD Dream Emulator!

FIXED!

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
show them epic meal time, and give them some weed and vodka. even if they still want us dead, they'd be too stoned and drunk to do jack shit about it, then we take them out!

then again, i'm not sure humanity is worth saving anyway...

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
...give them Marijuana. It they don't get high off it, there's a good chance it could kill them. Well, actually it could make them stronger, depending on how their bodies process it. That could also be a positive thing, now that I think about it.