Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
naughtynazgul said:
What do you say/do?

You've all probably seen movie/game (coughgreenlanterndaytheearthstoodstillcough) where aliens debate on whether they should commit to sparing/saving Earth.

I figure this is probably a difficult question for pessemistics.
I say that we should be spared, because we only harm ourselves, and because what purpose would it serve? So we harm our planet a bunch, start wars, kill, bully, and virtually make our own kind miserable. So why not make it a reality TV show, and showcase our barbarism under the showcase of morality, it'd get major ratings^^

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
I'd give them some Bach and Mozart, the Star Trek series, Final Fantasy 9, The Brothers Karamazov (the book) and the Cuppy Cake Song on Youtube. But they'd probably just take the stuff, thank me and then disintegrate us all.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
Well, first, I'd check to make sure this isn't some desperate sweeps-week attempt to bolster ratings (Any who have seen South Park know what I'm talking about)

After that, I'd basically ask them why they want to destroy us. If it's cuz we're on land/resources they want, can't exactly fight them on that, since we've been doing that to every other creature on this planet since our creation. If it's cuz they think we're a plague, but they don't want our planet, just put a couple of flying saucers in orbit to destroy any attempts of us leaving. But make sure to let us all know first. If we fight back, please feel free to unleash doom upon us, but just try not to kill those who don't fight back, cuz those of us who refuse to fight will later worship you. I don't care what kind of species you are, NO ONE could want to kill an inferior species willing to kiss your anal cavity and/or mobility appendages for survival.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
"Have you ever had a churro?
Yeah, that's what I thought."

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
If they look at the broad picture of mass corporations, governments, and wars, blow us away. But that's not humanity.

Live among us, see us for who we are as people. Are some some terrible people? Yes. But the majority live out their lives in quite harmony with others.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
They'd probably already be set on killing us or sparing us. If they asked one person to prove an entire race was worth saving it's probably just going to turn out to be some kind of prank for an alien reality-TV-show.

ProtonGuy

Apr 7, 2011
I'd laugh sadly, light up a cigarette and say "Stand back and watch us burn. Save the pondscum though it's much more worthy than our skid mark of a race." And then walk towards the biggest explosion I can find.

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
I punch the alien in the face and run away to prepare for the space invasion. Don't we just shoot things that we have a problem with? Yeah.. Yeah I'm pretty sure we do.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
Adremmalech said:
I just home I have a boombox with me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA<
YESS! Earth saved.
Just for the love of god don't hit the turbo bass near the aliens... o_o

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Show him/her/variations-thereupon the most beautiful art in the world, successful and inspirational charity works, and introduce the alien to a young innocent child.

And I wouldn't let the alien anywhere near the internet. People here can be depressing.

Glaive_21842

Dec 21, 2009
Because we shouldn't concern you.
Our greatest space-travel achievement is sending probes to Mars...seriously, we couldn't mess with the universe even if we wanted to. We're just some backwater planet who only poses a threat to itself. Bombing us would only be a waste of ammo.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I'd tell them don't look at humanity as a whole but look at each individual. As whole we suck. We know we suck. But as individuals we are all capable of doing really good things and we do do them everyday. If that doesn't work I'll just dance or throw adorable kittens at them until they say ok.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
maybe we are worth saving cause we would fight the aliens for our right to live.