An Interesting Fact About Your Country

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
In British airports, it is illegal to pick up abandoned baggage, as this is an act of terrorism. However, leaving baggage unattended is an act of terrorism, for obvious reasons.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
It now fights against the very act that started it. Not saying that the U.S. is wrong, just a wee bit hypocritical...

Matt Oliver

Mar 15, 2011
RicoGrey said:
artanis_neravar said:
OT: Kentucky is technically NOT a state in America, but rather a commonwealth. What does that mean?
Commonwealths are basically states that were ment to function with little goverment oversight, I am from The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. So IN THEORY we could operate without goverment looking over our shoulders, if need be.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
We haven't been at war for almost 200 years and has the lowest Gini coefficient of any rated country, meaning that we have the smallest income inequality in the world.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
IsraelRocks said:
Crazycat690 said:
IsraelRocks said:
Crazycat690 said:
Finland, first female president :) I think... we also were one of the first countries to give women the right to vote, second to New Zealand I believe. Also, when Finland became a independent country we were going to be a monarch, and make some prince from Germany our first king, but since they were blamded for WW1 we instead chose a president.
I'm going to assume that the president in Finland is the executive branch, so by that comparison Israel had a female PM( Israel's executive branch) in the early 70's
Right o_O well I wasn't sure so thanks for the correction, but the other stuff is still fairly accurate I think =)
If it makes you feel any better she looked like this

[/quote]
It would make me feel better if our female president didn't look like Conan O'Brien...

TipsyPeaches

Aug 3, 2009
apparently there are more branches of Gregg's the Bakers per ead of population in Scotland than anywhere else in the UK.

While this doesn't surprise me, I do hope they took the fact there are less of us in the first place into consideration. Probably not.

also, according to a friend of mine, our First Minister is Jabba the Hutt.

yeel

May 15, 2009
Whateveralot said:
We are the only country to ever beat England at a (naval) war.

- The Netherlands
Thanks to Michiel de Ruyter, great admiral and national hero - at the time at least.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Gudrests said:
Your from Jersey...im so sorry man. I live in NYC and really..most densely populated state? you mean like 1 area of Jersey? or as a whole?
New Jersey is the most densely populated state, what is ambiguous about that?

Artic Xiongmao

Nov 9, 2008
Eggsnham said:
The vast majority of U.S. citizens AREN'T stupid. Believe it or not.

I think that's pretty interesting.
I find it funny that everyone's saying that. "We have SOME smart people", "The majority of us aren't stupid."

When HALF of your country starts realizing the world is not 6000 years old and evolution is not just a fantasy, I think everyone will revise our opinion about your country. And that's just one tiny example.

Spain... I could tell you about corruption in politics and similar things, but unfortunately it's not 'original' anymore. Italians seem to be very into that at the moment. Dunno. We have a lot of different languages and cultures, so half of the country don't want to be spaniards?

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
In the 1970s, 136 US government agencies, and many government networks were infiltrated by over 5000 Scientologists who deleted all records, from 197X backwards, of Scientology being portrayed negatively. Freaking weird tidbit of trivia.

(please don't delete this post crazy scientologist hackers, please, please, please don't)

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
PettingZOOPONY said:
pearcinator said:
Australia is the best country in the world.

Thats a fact.
Other than internet and game ratings I will have to agree, when I visit family in Perth they take me to something new and cool as shit every damned day.
Also you`re the only country that has one of Yahtzee`s Mana Bars -_- damn you.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Artic Xiongmao said:
Eggsnham said:
The vast majority of U.S. citizens AREN'T stupid. Believe it or not.

I think that's pretty interesting.
I find it funny that everyone's saying that. "We have SOME smart people", "The majority of us aren't stupid."

When HALF of your country starts realizing the world is not 6000 years old and evolution is not just a fantasy, I think everyone will revise our opinion about your country. And that's just one tiny example.
The vast majority of people I know in my country are Atheist, and last time I checked evolution was pretty much an accepted thing here.

And besides, when did religion ever become the basis of how intelligent you were?

There were many intelligent theists throughout history.

Not to mention the fact that there are many countries on Earth with plenty of religious folks.

And another thing, why does it seem that Christians are the only ones being challenged recently? I mean, sure Christian organizations tend to be very loud about things, but as they say, don't feed the trolls.

Really, the only stupid people in America are the ones who are running around saying and doing stupid shit while the rest of us try to distance ourselves from them.

So, in conclusion, shut the hell up, please.

Shit. I just fed a troll, didn't I?

eruwenfuin

May 28, 2009
One of our Stadtholders went on to become King of England, William III of Orange, after the Glorious revolution in 1688.

- Netherlands

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Germany is one of the countries with the most holidays.Oh and apparently we have more Zoos then the whole USA and that on a space as big as montana, including the world's biggest with 14.000 animals of 1500 different species.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
George Washington, in his resignation address, ending his second term in office, warned against political factioning/ political parties.

In the next presidency, the alien and sedition acts were passed, preventing the public from publishing ANYTHING criticizing the political party in power, and increasing the citizenship period to 10 years to prevent people from joining the opposite political party.