Anal probing - What's the point?

fwlzdxil

Jun 9, 2010
(not funny answer:) Because it's easier to make viewers feel uncomfortable. Same reason why Aliens (I mean THE Aliens) reproduce through oral rape of human males.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Probabally that at some point, fiction writers decided they wanted to make alien abduction not only seem terrifying and mysterious, but also humiliating.

Maybe aliens would be able to take some readings from there that they couldn't get from anywhere else. God knows what kind of readings, though...

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Determining Anal Temperature? Finding out what people eat without opening them up? Intergalactic free prostate exams? Poop burglary?

I'm not sure why Aliens would want to steal our poop, but whatever the reason, we shouldn't allow it! Global poop reserves, while renewable, are not infinite! If Greyliens want our poop, they should be considerate enough to trade for it, I mean, it's not like they'd have nothing to give us in return.

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
"What could they possibly gain by doing so?"

...ever considered that their purpose weren't ... well... science?

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
To be serious I think that the idea of the anal probe comes from a time when medical science wasn't all computers and body scanning. I mean not too long ago doctors would drink the urine of patients to decide if someone was sick or not. So I would say that the idea of the anal probe is simply based off of the medical practice of the times at which the idea of said probe was conceived. Then it turned into a hillarious joke and the anal probe has hus become so ingrained with alien abductions that everyone takes it "for granted".

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
For shit and giggles *bum-dump-tish*

Anyway I'll let this song clear that up for you...

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Serious answer: Well, the anus does give access to the GI tract and several of the organs associated with it. So if the aliens are just dying to do an endoscopy the butt would be the most logical point of entry.

Silly answer: Obviously testing on their own kind has been banned on their planet, so they have to outsource for test subjects for their alien "toys."

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
When talking about anal probing there better be nothing pointy involved.

But seriously, anal probing is one of the most idiotic ideas to flourish inside the mind of sensationalist writers and film makers. Aside from being totally baseless it creates examples that border the limits of human shame. Does anyone remember the comic that joined Witchblade, The Darkness, Aliens and Predator?

Needless to say,
the Predator ends up anal probing Jackie Estacado.
I never face-palmed myself so quickly or hard, it's amazing.

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
They're totally confused about human biology?
Well, when you think about it, we're kind of working under the assumption that they'd KNOW its our butt, but when they're aliens we're talking about, its probably not a safe assumption to make.