Anal probing - What's the point?

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJPGWYPNqww&feature=related

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Maybe aliens are really into ass play? =o
Or maybe their main cuisine on their home planet is human poo. o_O...

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
Subzerowings said:
Let me anwer your question with another question: "If you saw a cow for the first time, what would be the point of pulling on her four long nipples?"
...and then drinking the result?

Got Milk?

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
They're concerned about the prostate health of the human they just kidnapped, obviously.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I've read a lot of good and funny replies, so nice topic ;)

I guess: why not? Would be my answer. If doctors had never seen a human before, I bet they would stick tiny camera up the nose, in the ears, mouth and of course, the butt.
It's the most invasive thing you can do to an animal/person bar slicing them open.
And if aliens want to return you to avoid suspicion, it would be rather strange to wake up with half your body sawn back onto the other half...

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
Boneasse said:
Why do you think aliens would anally probe anyone? What would be the point of such an act? What could they possibly gain by doing so?
[sub]
This whole thread is created based on a "what if" scenario, which means you don't necessarily have to answer it seriously!
[/sub]
Well, they could certainly find out what our regular diet is, without actually performing surgery or killing us. That's one. They can find out our body temperature. That's two. Or they could just be into sadomasochism, and that's three.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Always wondered that myself. I say those 'abductees' are just repressed anal-sex lovers.

Or they're figuring out how the hell those little guys work. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMNCloWkTEk&feature=related]
Mr.Napier said:
They want to get to the bottom of things.
A winner is you!

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Kaboose the Moose said:
Subzerowings said:
Let me anwer your question with another question: "If you saw a cow for the first time, what would be the point of pulling on her four long nipples?"
Perhaps our bums have mystical powers!
You are not suggesting that aliens are trying to milk us from our butts are you?

Coz that's not milk...
Maybe it's what they consider milk.

On topic: A real life explanation could be that it was mostly young teenage boys who read the books/watched the movies that first brought up the idea of anal probing, so this would be the thing most likely to freak them out, and mark the aliens as a scary, wierd, hostile force.

Or that's just some crap I made up. Who's to say?

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Well speaking from a psychological and fiction theory point of view, I'd say that the idea of anal probing is there to make the aliens in question seem more menacing. It conjures up thoughts about sex and rape in a quite obvious matter, which is intended to make people feel uncomfortable since it's not particularly "normal" from the post-modern, pseudo-christian point of view to associate alien entities with sexual thoughts.

One franchise that used this quite masterfully was the Alien franchise, where the surrealist H.R Giger designed the alien creature which in some ways SCREAMS sex, but still in very subtle ways which work wonderfully to creep into the unconscious mind as it isn't too obvious.

Long time fans will have probably noticed the way that the xenomorphs elongated heads look uncannily similar to a penis from the right angle (which was even more clear in the original paintings of H.R Giger). And the "facehugger" creature conjures up thought of rape and oral sex the way it violently forces down an ovipostor in the throat of a helples victim to plant an embryo in the chest.

Anyhow, the main goal is to make the viewer feel discomfort in order to introduce an element of fear. If there's no aspect to the alien or monster that makes you feel uncomfortable then you're not going to think that it's scary.

Anyhow, if we're going to look at the practice of anal probing from a hypothetically alien scientific point of view, I guess it could be used as a way to explore the intestines much in the same way a doctor does with a colonoscopy. After all, the only other way to examine them would be to actually open up your test subject, which have a high chance of killing it (especially from an alien point of view, I mean if they study the human species as a previously "undiscovered" species then they would do best to be careful in their examinations instead of immediately slice their test subjects open and start poking away at our internal organs).

So to put it simply, perhaps they are just interested in seeing our "plumbing" and "waste management" facilities without actually killing us. And that means: anal probing. :p

Although to be fair, when it comes to real world "abductees" who claim to have been probed anally I'd go with the more rational explanation that they have some kind of sexual anxieties that manifests in vivid nightmares about alien creatures probing their rectum than try to speculate on what kind of scientific merits such a procedure would have from an alien point of view.

Also, if you think about it, it's not exactly a coincidence that most of these traumatized supposed "abductees" describe having been subjected to procedures like anal probing and the drilling of teeth. Remember, when it comes to the more or less educated public perception of science and meicine, colonoscopies and invasive dental work at the dentist are associated with rather common phobias in most societies.

After all, going to do a normal health check-up isn't so bad according to most people. But when they get the word from their doctor that they have to undergo a colonoscopy or the dentist tells them that they have to drill the cavities in people's teeth, A LOT of people are overcome with fear. Some are even so scared of these procedures that they would rather spend their lives without adressing these helath issues and suffer the consequences for it rather than going to have it fixed.

So it's not really surprising that supposed abductees claim that the scary aliens perform these exact procedures which are surrounded by so many phobias and stigma in our society, is it?

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Why do they do it? well its obvious isn't it: there is no sense to doing it at all, so when the person they abducted says they were anally probed everyone would automatically think they were making it up or mad...

Clever alien bastards.

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
Shinkon said:
I think you've got aliens confused with drunk uncles.

Ah, Christmas.
I laughed so hard when I read that.

Anyway, I have no idea why aliens are obsessed with the probing of the anal.

Adagiophoto

Aug 21, 2010
Ok, I didn't read all the replies, but I have a kind of unique perspective on this...

*Warning, poop talk*

My son was severely developmentally disabled. He had a lot of issues and his pediatrician and I talked a great deal about a lot of things ranging from medications and physical therapy to feeding and, of course, bowel movements. In fact, his poop was a constant battle. Naturally we talked about volume and frequency, but we also talked a lot about consistency and smell. You see, you can tell a lot about someone's health or lifestyle by their poop. That's probably why dogs smell each other's butts all the time. When my son switched formula, we had to pay special attention to the smell, and if it got very bad it could be an indication of fat malabsorption. Also, if it got too runny or too hard then we might have to change the fiber content or it could be an indication of other disorders. So you can learn a lot about someone by the contents of their ass. I always say that a good doctor should be really interested in your poop.

Gileseypops

Sep 16, 2009
Most likely because all aliens are are intergalactic perverts. They have developed incredibly advanced technology for the sole purpose of sodomising different species. just seems that they take a certain shine to humans.

Makes sense why most aliens are actually pictured not wearing any clothes in illustrations. x

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Gileseypops said:
Most likely because all aliens are are intergalactic perverts. They have developed incredibly advanced technology for the sole purpose of sodomising different species. just seems that they take a certain shine to humans.

Makes sense why most aliens are actually pictured not wearing any clothes in illustrations. x
Soo.. You're saying that aliens are basically the same as 90 percent of x-box live players, but actually have the balls to realize their threats? :p

zega frega omega

Dec 5, 2010
To moniter the humans by placing a tracker in someplace they'd be uncomfortable exploring (the butt). It could also serve the purpose of studying feces and amino acids. There's no reason not to study other species. We study animals all the time (though, admittedly, not in the butt).

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Think about it: a civilisation developes to the point that interstellar travel is easy and cheap and therefore can be done by pretty much anyone. What do the teenage aliens do for shits and giggles?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Well this thread title just made my day. :)

Also, no comment, just no.