Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Deathlisk said:
Schadrach said:
You've owned less than 8 consoles? And you call yourself a gamer?!?

Or repeat that one for handhelds.

For the record, I've owned an Atari 2600, Atari 7800, NES, SNES, PSX, PS2, Wii, and PS3. For handhelds GB, GBC, GBA, DS, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, PSP, and Pandora. =)
But..... half of those were before my lifetime!
So? You could just as easily add XBOX, XBOX360 (which is still the most confusing choice for a console iteration name ever), GC, Dreamcast, N64, Genesis, Sega Master System, or one of any number of lesser known consoles to the list. You could reach 8 consoles in the last two and a half generations if it came down to it.

I am still amused that I can run NES/SNES/Genesis/Atari emulators on my Pandora with complete collection of ROMs for all of them on one microSD card. I remember when NES emus had problems with speed and compatibility (and the hellstorm created in the community by Bloodlust Software and Nesticle with it's absolute superiority) and finding space for all my NES ROMs was a genuine concern, not something that fit on a device the size of my pinky nail with space left over. =p

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
Torrasque said:
Matt Wood said:
"you dont liek modorn warefar!! and u call yourselve hardcore?!?!1?"
to this day i still cant tell if that guy was takeing the piss...with a name like xX_Dragon-Slayer_Xx you will never know...
Hardcore... what even =|
With a name like xX_Dragon-Slayer_Xx, its no wonder he didn't think you were hardcore enough.
That guy needs more X's in his name, he's not hardcore enough...
*cough*
you not hardcore unless you have at least 6 X's in your name

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
shadyh8er said:
I didn't know what the Tri-Force was.

So...much....hate...
Well I know it has triangles in it?

Have no idea where it is from though.

I have also never played a Zelda, Mario, Final fantasy game before and only played Half Life 2 last month.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
I don't know what any of the Duke Nukem games are like - and I call myself a gamer?!
I haven't even got into SC2's leagues yet! And I call myself a RTS gamer?!

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
sketch_zeppelin said:
you've never played mario?! and you call your self a gamer?
If youve never played mario your childhood must of sucked never mind not a gamer. GET THAT PERSON SOME NES A-STAT!!!

Amphoteric said:
shadyh8er said:

So...much....hate...

I have also never played a Zelda, Mario, Final fantasy game before and only played Half Life 2 last month.
WHAT?!?!?! ARE YOU ......*sigh* go play all of those please. Go play the zelda titles... (not the 2nd one with link in the title...that sucked)

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Amphoteric said:
shadyh8er said:

So...much....hate...

Coincidentally it's from Legend of Zelda!

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Layzor said:
I have an acquaintance that calls herself a "Fallout Girl", t-shirts and everything. Only played 3 and New Vegas.
"You've only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas? And you call yourself a fan?"

oh boy...speaking of attitude.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
Never those exact words, but in school I recall a lot of implied "You call yourself a gamer?" when I was scoffed at for saying I only owned a Wii and DS. And I don't call myself a gamer, I've bought maybe three games this year, played through them all and then have barely touched them since.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Master Steeds said:
Torrasque said:
Matt Wood said:
"you dont liek modorn warefar!! and u call yourselve hardcore?!?!1?"
to this day i still cant tell if that guy was takeing the piss...with a name like xX_Dragon-Slayer_Xx you will never know...
Hardcore... what even =|
With a name like xX_Dragon-Slayer_Xx, its no wonder he didn't think you were hardcore enough.
That guy needs more X's in his name, he's not hardcore enough...
*cough*
you not hardcore unless you have at least 6 X's in your name
And you have to substitute every S with a 5, every G with a 6 or a Q, every O with a 0, every I with a 1, every H with a 4 (or if you really want to confound people be ultra hardcore, make every A AND H a 4!), and every E with a 3.
xXxU7tR4H4x0r5xXx = super badass name.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was a real gamertag too >.>

Edit: lol, its too long by 2 letters.
I'll check XxU7tR4H4x0r5xX anyways.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Xzi said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
StereoMike said:
You've never played (really old game from recently revived/rebooted beloved franchise)? AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A GAMER???

Seriously what is wrong with calling yourself a fallout fan while not having played 1 & 2? Does that mean she's not allowed to like the other games? I mean I played fallout 2 for the first time when it came out, and have since played through it about a dozen times. I've also played through 3 and NV. But I never played the first one. Or suffered through the terrible spinoffs. So I'm not a fan then?
This, I consider myself a huge Fallout fan, both 3 and NV are among my top 5 games I've ever played, and yet I've never played 1 or 2. Why? Because they were both released years before I even started gaming and appear very different to the current ones, when there are still new games out now I'd like to play I'm not going to go back to outdated ones. You can play just one game of a series and still be a fan.
Sure, you can be a fan. But I wouldn't claim the title "Fallout girl" having only played two of the five Fallout games. I also wouldn't run around yelling, "OMG I LOVE THE FALLOUT SERIES." Just stick with the facts. "I've liked the Fallout games since Fallout 3."

Then again, maybe she's just playing off of Fallout Boy. But shitty musician is shitty.
Why not, it's not like "Fallout girl" is an official title or award for which you fulfil specific catergoties to obtain, it's simply a self-descriptor and if she wants to use it that's up to her. I personally think all this "you aren't a true fan if..." or "you aren't a true gamer if..." is pointless unless that person has literally never been exposed to any of that series or any games ever then they can consider themselves a fan/gamer if they want.

The worst example of this I had was on this site last year when someone said anyone who hadn't played some game from the 80's couldn't consider themselves a gamer. I'm not even talking about a game that's still known today like Pac-man or Super Mario Bros or Space Invaders, I can't remember the exact game but in almost a decade of gaming I had never heard of it before then. Such an exclusive definition as that one simply reeked of elitism and proposer wanting to think themselves as being superior.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
In my experience, baseball isn't as much the American pasttime it use to be. Pittsburgh isa drinking town with a football problem.

KedynCrow

Sep 23, 2009
My ragebutton has always been:

"You never beat Halo on Legendary? And you call yourself a gamer?"

GAHHH!

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
You listen to classical music?! And you call yourself a metalhead.

First of all, I've heard this many times and have never called myself a metalhead. Second, why should someone only like one type of music? Must we all only choose one single genre to listen to?

Tortoiseloz

Oct 20, 2009
To tell the truth, I don't really like playing legend of zelda and I call myself a gamer
What I hate actually is when people do call themselves gamers and I ask what they play most of the time and usually they say "CoD"

I mean, the game is okay, but It is inferior to Half life in singleplayer and I much prefer Tf2 to CoD multiplayer because there you get guns with your class and don't get any different type of gun

Also, I never played Majoras Mask but I am certainly tempted to just buy a copy and play it

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
The one I got recently was "You don't like Call of Duty? And you call yourself a gamer!"

If the kid wasn't 8 years old I would have slapped him repeatedly in his stupid face.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Pr0 said:
Actually while promoting my own small dev house at a convention this last weekend I actually met someone that had never played Mass Effect, to which I responded...

And you call yourself a gamer?

Sure its a fairly recent title, ergo, in the last decade and doesn't have the same level of nerdcore credibility as throwing down Pong or Space Invaders, but regardless, its the purest expression of an absolute space opera to have been created in our generation, so I tend to look at people, who haven't played it, a bit funny.
I was going to mention ME myself. Mostly because it gets directed at me. I bought the first one on PC... oh... within the last year, anyway. 9 or 10 hours in and I find it to be really bad. I have ME2 now, as it came free with DA2, but I haven't even bothered with it. I find BioWare games to really put me off for whatever reason.