Anonymous announces its plan to destroy facebook

beniki

May 28, 2009
Er... well cool, but the only problem with Facebook is people retarded enough to put stuff about themselves online. I know I'm one of those retarded people, but still, it's not really the sites fault for me being an idiot.

Just seems like more of a dick move than usual.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Why can't they take down pro-ana sites or something, the security is low and unprofessional and it would do a lot more good. Plus, they're depressingly easy to find.
OR, take down a site that's racist like the KKK site (I think there's one) or a homophobic site.
I keep thinking of the good they can do, but they're choosing facebook :/

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
I really hope this is fake because I use facebook a fair amount to keep in touch with friends. Sure Facebook sells info, but the one thing Anonymous seems to forget is that by agreeing with the TOS people agree to allow this. Sure it's not completely fair but if you don't like it, don't agree and don't join.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Daveman said:
Dear Anonymous.
Go fuck yourself. You think I'm totally fucking ignorant? You think I don't know what facebook does with my information? I'm a big boy now, I'm responsible if I don't read the terms and conditions.
Love From Daveman
(no kisses... :O )
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sick of these high-and-mighty twats with nothing better to do than fuck people over. I like facebook, and if they actually do take it down permanently somehow I will be pissed off.

Lejsen

Mar 2, 2011
I hope this means that games will no longer bug me about linking my achievements to Facebook. Looking at you, Settlers <.<

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
Facebook, for all the bad, has it's uses... Creeping on photos of chicks you knew a while ago is just one that comes to mind...
2012 Wont Happen said:
It makes sense. -snip-

FernandoV said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Come on Anon! Use you're powers for good and take out ED or Topix!
ED doesn't exist anymore, the asshole who ran it turned it into a SFW website so he (or she?) could sell it off.
http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Main_Page
Thank you, I was about to say just that... It's everything that could be scraped off google's webcache after it went down... Nothing of value was lost... Also, FernandoV, Why the hate?

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
Why the fuck would they want to?
I already hate anon. But they're not helping themselves out by being wankers
hopefully this is a fake

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
LuckyClover95 said:
Why can't they take down pro-ana sites or something, the security is low and unprofessional and it would do a lot more good. Plus, they're depressingly easy to find.
OR, take down a site that's racist like the KKK site (I think there's one) or a homophobic site.
Because it's high profile and because Facebook commonly breaches the security of it's users, see the stupid "let's post their location without telling them!" fun they pulled a few months back.

I dislike Facebook, really fucking hate it actually. I only use it for work purposes and if I could I'd never touch it again. I get that other people like it though so I'd never do this but a big part of me is rooting for them. Zuckerberg has consistently shown himself to be a horrible example of a human being, Facebook has breached privacy on so many counts and is disgusting in it's dealings with third parties. Much as I feel for all the teen girls who'll be upset I can't help but think bringing down Facebook would be fucking brilliant.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Hugga_Bear said:
LuckyClover95 said:
Because it's high profile and because Facebook commonly breaches the security of it's users, see the stupid "let's post their location without telling them!" fun they pulled a few months back.

I dislike Facebook, really fucking hate it actually. I only use it for work purposes and if I could I'd never touch it again. I get that other people like it though so I'd never do this but a big part of me is rooting for them. Zuckerberg has consistently shown himself to be a horrible example of a human being, Facebook has breached privacy on so many counts and is disgusting in it's dealings with third parties. Much as I feel for all the teen girls who'll be upset I can't help but think bringing down Facebook would be fucking brilliant.
Haha, I would be one of those upset teenage girls :D
Did you see the social network? I thought it'd be about how people tried to stop Zuckerberg and how the world was against him etc, but when I watched it (although I'm aware it's not 100% accurate, biased and dramatised) I just thought WHAT A DICK.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
I find Facebook more convenient/appropriate than e-mail/Tumblr/Twitter.
This just sounds facist to me. (Well anon isn't being violent or anything, but yeaaaaaaah).

Voration

Jan 13, 2010
Anonymous, one issue I can think of here: what about the rest of anonymous who may actually like Facebook? You are only as powerful as the people who support you

The Woolly One

Nov 25, 2010
I can't take it seriously when they use the same voice as Chief from Arby 'n' Chief.

I don't understand the point of what they're doing. They say they are for the freedom of information, but are stopping Facebook because it is giving out information. Well done anonymous. And what actually is their plan? Take down Facebook for a couple of days and annoy some people? That's all that will happen. That's all that ever happens when anonymous does something. They should use their talents to uncover corruption and things like that, not target a website that is actually pretty useful.

Also, that intro sequence was pretty pretentious.

Finally, why are they giving a warning? It just gives Facebook time to increase their already substantial security.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
FernandoV said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Come on Anon! Use you're powers for good and take out ED or Topix!
ED doesn't exist anymore, the asshole who ran it turned it into a SFW website so he (or she?) could sell it off.
Thats not what im seeing. I clicked random page and got a massive picture of a penis. Then of a demotivational picture for "raep" with an included picture that was just lovely... so no. NOT safe for work.

OT:
Why does everyone want facebook dead... i dont like it, others do. Let them have it. Why does everyone CARE SO FUCKING MUCH what other people like to the point where they actively encourage it to be destroyed. Are you fucking two? What the hell is this shit. This is justin beiber/ any pop culture icon hate hipster bullcrap. "U NO LIKE WHAT I LIKE BURN BURN BURN OMFG HE DOESNT LIKE WHAT I LIKE"

Grow up. You sound infantile.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
LuckyClover95 said:
Hugga_Bear said:
LuckyClover95 said:

Haha, I would be one of those upset teenage girls :D
Did you see the social network? I thought it'd be about how people tried to stop Zuckerberg and how the world was against him etc, but when I watched it (although I'm aware it's not 100% accurate, biased and dramatised) I just thought WHAT A DICK.
I'm afraid I haven't but to my knowledge it's biased in his favour....heh.

I know a lot of people use it and yeah it is a shitty thing to do but I'll be damned if I'm not cheering em on.

It's not because I don't like it, it's because they consistently break trust, they consistently open holes in their security to allow information to leak that shouldn't (aforementioned was them showing where you are when you log on. They did this without telling you and without updating. I have people on my facebook who must be on there for the purposes of my work. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO KNOW WHERE I LIVE. But of course, fuck me I'm just a person, everyone wants to know where everyone is! It's not stalking if it's the internet :D)

So, it's not because people don't like them it's really not that doesn't bother me. It's because Facebook and Zuckerberg consistently breach the trust and security of it's/his users. If they're 'dumb enough' to sign up or not that's shitty and it's what Anonymous goes after.

As for the forewarning, it's Anonymous, they like to be all dramatic and shizz.