Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
Sandytimeman said:
tictactoe said:
What precisely did Eidos do to deserve this?
Edit: Not that I'm supporting this in any way, I'm just wondering what motivator was involved if any?
Maybe its delayed payback for all those sucky Tomb Raider games before they got their shit together with Batman.
Don't you remember? They made it up with hitman.
OT: Right that's it, renouncing my status as a somewhat member of Anonymous because half are douches and the other half are dipshits.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Macgyvercas said:
Anonymous VS Anonymous. This could get fairly evil/ugly/amsuing.

I shall be watching for now.
Their War, Our Internet
Heh! It's been a long time since I've seen a real internet war.
On one side, who I'll call the "Instigators", they were the ones sparking this civil war.
On the other are the "Union", half of them are probably veteran members.
And this war is still being fought for fun, gives the anon's something to do.
Vandalizing websites and posting dox of the site owners, the site owners retaliate then post the hackers dox, it's all a big mess.
And we are in the middle of it.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
I'm confused, what has this got to do with Anon? This is two guys hacking a website and then releasing the log of their chat in a torrent.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
This whole Anonymous thing is getting complicated and increasingly difficult to follow.

What the hell? Why Eidos? Why personal information in this form? And why the hell is my neighbor blasting his chainsaw outside my window..

King_Serpent

GUY YOU DON'T KNOW
Jul 12, 2010
mjc0961 said:
binvjoh said:
Fuck off.

I don't care if it's Anon anymore, I wish every hacker on the planet would just fall over and die.
Yeah, that's a good plan. Never mind that not all hackers go around breaking into game sites or networks to steal personal data. Some of them do good things, like, say, working for the FBI or another law enforcement agency to try and catch the hackers who use their skills to do illegal things like stealing personal info!

Saying all hackers should die because of some people doing bad things with hacking is like saying all cops should die because of a few dirty cops, or that all priests should die because some of them abused children.
Not saying that people should die here, but if there were no hackers to start with would the other hackers need to exist to stop them? Just saying. Though saying they should die is a bit harsh and the other Hackers you mentioned are good people overall so your probably right. I hope the guys who did this end up in prison though.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
So...the hacking of PSN started a new fad where anyone who can brake into a system steals user data?

This, while most certainly done for fun and pretty harmless, is worrisome. Especially if you talk to security experts about it. (seems like a lot of websites use minimal protection, which is usually easily bypassed) Anyone, I hope that whoever is having fun doesn't decide to do anything harmful with the information he has.

Also - it's Chippy1337, not Anon, you can't be anonymous when you are identifiable.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Did you ever think you'd feel nostalgia for the old, relatively united Anonymous?

...What a bunch of dicks.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
These guys are such assholes, I hope they get caught and are never allowed withing 20 feet of another computer

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Way to claim to support dot rights and then pull of random dick moves and compromise your own agenda Anonymous. I think it's time to nip it in the bud and just shut Anonymous as a whole down, as it stands now i can't see the group recovering from the wrath of the petty retards who attack servers for no good reason. Oh well, seems as though the smaller groups the "Rogue Anonymous" is targeting are smarter than Sony and not leaving information where it can be obtained or encrypting it.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
I think it's time for all game companies to shut down for a week, upgrade the security and come back saying "fuck u haxorz!"

unca_laguna

May 24, 2010
ok, can everyone get it through their head that anonymous isn't an organization?

anonymous refers to EVERYONE on the internet, not just the hackers, and not a specific group of hackers, regardless of what they call themselves.

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
I'll laugh if this is just a marketing stunt for Dues Ex. Once the new "security" is put in it'll reflect some new aspect of the "Dues Ex: Human Revalution" world.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
cocoro67 said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Macgyvercas said:
Anonymous VS Anonymous. This could get fairly evil/ugly/amsuing.

I shall be watching for now.
Their War, Our Internet
Heh! It's been a long time since I've seen a real internet war.
On one side, who I'll call the "Instigators", they were the ones sparking this civil war.
On the other are the "Union", half of them are probably veteran members.
And this war is still being fought for fun, gives the anon's something to do.
Vandalizing websites and posting dox of the site owners, the site owners retaliate then post the hackers dox, it's all a big mess.
And we are in the middle of it.
It just a damn shame. The vast majority shouldn't be caught up in their shit storm. Batman they are not.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Sicamat said:
Anonymous? I call bullshit, surely it was Helios.
Company that distributes homeopathic pills? OF COURSE, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

On a more serious note, I don't believe it was Anonymous (in the sense of the core group of, say, AnonOps). Probably a script kiddie, yeah.

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
Gaiseric said:
This has gotten to the point of being ridiculous.

A lot of hackers claim to be good so why aren't they doing things to help fight the douche hackers?
the thing about preemptive strikes...

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
Well, you could call me paranoid, but I prefer to think of myself as world-weary. And this "schism" in Anon right after a major attack on PSN reeks of a fabrication.

After all, it's very easy to commit acts such as these and pass them off as the work of a group of ANONYMOUS people to make them look bad... or worse, depending on where you stand.

Not that I endorse everything Anon does, of course, but this whole deal sounds like counter-propaganda to me. Wasn't there even a spilled document from an online security service some time ago that proposed to do exactly that to discredit Anon?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I remember, it wasn't about Anon, but about Julian Assange, wasn't it? But the principle is the same.