Anonymous Hacks Syrian Ministry of Defense

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Deamon Toss said:
One day they will realize hacking websites doesn't actually accomplish anything. Do they expect them to just say say "oh gee, are website was hacked! call off teh war effort and turn around and go home!" I bet they don't even care.
actually it pisses people off which is a good way to get lulz. Also the media gets all over it.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Deamon Toss said:
since you all replied at once, let me just say this.

The resistance was already doing this long before anon showed up. they where already fighting, they where already dying they where already up in arms and resisting. Anon's sudden presence is nothing more than a attention seeking effort. They again act loud and force there way into a situation where they actually have No. Power. Whatsoever. besides the online equivalent of spray painting a wall and screaming "look at me guys! I'm helping!"

slacker activism is a completely waste of time and a joke. They aren't helping the people in anyway whatsoever... in fact the government might react that much more harshly because of this. Sometimes acting like a bull in a china shop isn't the best answer, anons. Sometimes you gotta act like snake.... and sneak yoru way to victory.
Yes, it was happening before Anon turned up. BUT<----, Anon have a habit of making the world take notice. Is it such a bad thing having the world take a look at what's going on (some of which didn't even know) then putting pressure on there own governments to act?

Kiwilove

Apr 2, 2011
Deamon Toss said:
AmericanTed said:
what have you done for the people of syria lately?
I responded to this exact post 3 times now, please read the thread to see my response.
So... nothing then.
Why does this bother you? If they're going to go after someone, why not the Syrian Government?

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
Urg, can users please stop baiting Deamon-Toss? This topic is getting hugely derailed just now.

But to try and keep this on-topic, I don't hear of Syria on the news often, although Libya has been dwindled out a fair bit so it has been getting onto the news. If this one act gets more attention onto Syria, then I see no point to bash Anon just now. Baby steps, that's what needs to be done just now until the Western World gets tired of its people nagging and do something. Although the UK is trying to stay out of it, we've got air-strikes in Libya just now and its costing us a fortune...

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Deamon Toss said:
perhaps you should read up how proper propaganda is managed.
Yeah kid, I do know how to properly design, implement and manage a propaganda campaign. If you want a lesson on psychological warfare I suggest you do some reading of your own. Start with "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu.

But because I know that you won't, allow me to educate you in what this recent hack by Anon did.

1. They took something the enemy considered sacred.
The Syrian website was the "face" of Syria to the world. It was their own propaganda machine. That face is now scarred forever. What was essentially Syria's last leg to the world is now corrupted. Syria now looks weak to the world because they couldn't stop "hackers in their mom's basement".

2. What is seen cannot be unseen.
The human mind cannot erase images of sexuality or death. "Sex Sells" because we eternally remember images of a phallic nature. The same goes for death. Anon posted images of the bodies of protesters who had been killed by the Syrian government. There is now a mental association with Syria that is not a positive one.

3. Cripple your enemy in the sight of his allies.
The Syrian website is not blocked by the filters that are imposed by government in the Arab world. This means that many government officials of other nations saw not only the atrocities being committed by the Syrian government, but also that Syria is weak in a very basic area. This leaves a sputtering defendant facing the backs of friends.

Apply these three principles and you have a very effective propaganda campaign.

And Anon did just that.