Anonymous Hacks Syrian Ministry of Defense

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Deamon Toss said:
Its not even hard really.
You haven't responded to my note about the mixup of Syria and Libya, which I think impacts your credibility a bit.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
Hmm, of the many things that Anonymous has done, this is one of the few that I agree with.

It's not much, it may only generate an article or two, but it's a start.

jordan312

Jan 23, 2010
I think this is a good thing, they won't make much difference but it is something, this is the main reason i support anonymous.

tyriless

Aug 27, 2010
Anonymous has campaigned for some serious issues. Against Scientology: I am all for that. Those bat-shit loonies are actually actively recruiting journalists and may have some politicians already part of their bizarre cult. Promoting and attacking the enemies of Wikileaks: this is a serious issue our world now faces. Though I detest what Wikileaks had done this is an important matter of freedom of speech. Where do we draw the line? When is the government right to keep its secrets?

They are not a blight on society as far as I can tell. Even if they did hack Sony, it was a couple of month's of lost updates to me and a slap in the face to a company that really was being a dick.

As for Facebook, I think they may be right about this for one reason: Facebook is sharing private information with authoritative governments such as Syria and Egypt. Social networking sights are an important component of the Arab spring, allowing for means of organized and peaceful protest only available by word of mouth before. By giving out user's information to these governments they have given the means for brutal regimes to seek out, intimidate, torture, and murder people who only want to be free. Facebook has blood on it hands.

I actually do use Facebook. It is another means I keep in touch with folks and I do know that the information I put on their is being shared freely with the government and advertisers. Right now, I am fine with that. I have nothing to hide and as backwards as my country is being right now I see no harm in it. I am using a service.

However, I don't live in a country that actively shelling its own people.

darkonnis

Apr 8, 2010
Deamon Toss said:
since you all replied at once, let me just say this.

The resistance was already doing this long before anon showed up. they where already fighting, they where already dying they where already up in arms and resisting. Anon's sudden presence is nothing more than a attention seeking effort. They again act loud and force there way into a situation where they actually have No. Power. Whatsoever. besides the online equivalent of spray painting a wall and screaming "look at me guys! I'm helping!"

slacker activism is a completely waste of time and a joke. They aren't helping the people in anyway whatsoever... in fact the government might react that much more harshly because of this. Sometimes acting like a bull in a china shop isn't the best answer, anons. Sometimes you gotta act like snake.... and sneak yoru way to victory.
Would any of us be talking about whats happening in there at this moment if not for them? Seems to me it is you who has turned the spotlight to anon. You say they've done nothing, I say they've done a damn sight more than you have. Now take your fickle cynicism else where. You aren't accomplishing anything but causing dissent and moving an already weak spotlight, away from what is important here: The people this message is to.

InsaneMaggot

Jul 30, 2011
i humbly suggest that deamon opens his own thread where he can rant about anon.

Seriously, the posts i read are just a bunch of "anon is mean and stupid!" ramblings, which doesn't discuss the topic at hand at all.

I agree that screwing around with a website doesn't have huge effect, but as stated, it draws a little bit of attention to the syrian people, how somebody could refute that on the basis "i dislike anon regardless of what they do" is simply baffling. I don't see anon saying "we well free syria from opression!" either.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
... before I am found dead in my room in 3 days, with an anatomy removing all doubt that my death was caused by a prelonged extreme laughing fit.
That got a good giggle out of me XD This thread is like watching a ping-pong match (gives cookie) Thanks for the giggle, I appreciate it ^.^

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
Opinion of Anonymous: improving

This is where I appriciate their efforts: when words, law, and order are dwindling options.