Anonymous Hacks Syrian Ministry of Defense

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Deamon Toss said:
Angry_squirrel said:
Deamon Toss said:
I'm beginning to think you're just a troll.
Are you so arrogant to think that everyone else on this board is wrong and you are right? Sure, anon might not have done much, but how exactly is what they've done bad? You contradict yourself constantly, first you claim that the Syrian government probably don't even care about the hack, then you suggest that this hack may push them into killing more people? You say that anon are pathetic and have no power, but then rant about how many lives they ruin.
Yours is quite honestly the most biased argument I've heard in a long time.

Have anon done something that has seriously upset you personally?
I admit, its hard to keep your shit straight when its you vs 10+ and your typing so fast that you don't even have time to edit.

all I can really respond to this is with "well fuck it."
Look, you actually strike me as a reasonably intelligent person, which is why the bias in your posts shocks me so much.
Here is a question for you: Have you considered that maybe the reason your posts are being met with so much opposition is perhaps because you are wrong?

You said earlier that there are too many anon supporters in this thread. I disagree. Some of the people you're arguing against are actually anti-anon (I know I often am). In this case many of us are supporting anon, because in this case we believe they are in the right. That doesn't mean we blindly support their every action and refuse to admit they've ever done anything wrong - as you say, anon have done some pretty sick things - it just means that we support them on this particular occasion.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Deamon Toss said:
Your right on this one, except not completely. Governments are already getting ready to gear up against Syria, presidents and poeple condemning what the government has done there, and taking steps to do something about it, still have beyond more impact that teens defacing a website. the syrian government has to weigh all its options and act carefully lest it piss of something clearly more powerful than it... with a hacked website it just annoys them for a few scant hours.
I couldn't read anymore of your comments. You keep posting like you are highly informed on this situation and you seem to destroy that image with every post you make.

Case and point: "Governments are already getting ready to gear up against Syria"

Syria is one of the only secular countries in the region. America and the West does not want a religious powerhouse to be formed on the Israeli's doorstep (and nor do the Israelis) because of the mounted tensions there. It would not be secular the moment the dictatorship is over.

The fact that you don't know this makes it even more apparent that you have really no idea about the situation and or what is being done about it.

As individuals, the best we can try to do is get media attention fixed on the issue. Once the people, around the world, start clamoring for change then Gov'ts rethink their approaches.

You have an obvious hatred towards Anon (who it seems you don't actually know the metrics of) and using that to try and have your say here. Is Anon great? No. Are what they doing important? YES! Big fucking yes. In the smallest of ways it helps to make corporations aware of how highly critical data storage can be taken without consent. There are criminals (Russian Mafia comes to mind) that now make a very large portion of their $) from this. But that is another point entirely.

Anon are only doing what we could only wish to. Tell the Syrian Gov't that we are pissed off and we aren't going to take it anymore.

Also, I wont be reading any responses you make as your opinion in this matter (as has already been shown is just biased and uninformed)

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
Deamon Toss said:
YunikoYokai5 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Wow, dude. Your irrational hatred of Anonymous is seriously over the top.
I think we're getting to the point he's just trolling desperately for kicks now. Looking at his response to Angry_Squirrel, yeah, I'm inclined to believe he's simply trolling. Reminds me of a thread another guy was trolling on (It was the Bethesda vs Mojang infringement one) before he got totally time-warped banned XD
I'm not trolling at all. I don't understand how you keep claiming that because I disagree admittedly about a organization of jerks. where exactly have I trolled? they bring up a point, and I explain why its wrong... i'm trolling....how....? Becuase I don't agree with your views? because I won't shut up and go away instead of challenging anon's warped ideals?
You attitude to Andy is a good example, you're completely insulting him for what appears no apparent reason. I have seen no evidence that he is a 'Anon are amazing! Everyone support them!' kind of person, unless the pair of you had a quiet exchange through PM.

Also, you respond to everyone who even has a hint of praise for Anon, regardless. They are praising them for this SINGLE event, yes they have done stupid things, there is no denying that, but they are raising a little awareness for the Syrian struggle. Why is raising awareness such a horrible thing? Anon get on the news fairly easy, this will get some news coverage and therefore spreading the word of the plight these people face. It is also a good propaganda move as well, as alandavidson explained.

You have also admitted to changing your reasons, as seen here:

Deamon Toss said:
Angry_squirrel said:
Deamon Toss said:
I'm beginning to think you're just a troll.
Are you so arrogant to think that everyone else on this board is wrong and you are right? Sure, anon might not have done much, but how exactly is what they've done bad? You contradict yourself constantly, first you claim that the Syrian government probably don't even care about the hack, then you suggest that this hack may push them into killing more people? You say that anon are pathetic and have no power, but then rant about how many lives they ruin.
Yours is quite honestly the most biased argument I've heard in a long time.

Have anon done something that has seriously upset you personally?
I admit, its hard to keep your shit straight when its you vs 10+ and your typing so fast that you don't even have time to edit.

all I can really respond to this is with "well fuck it."
You didn't deny it, and saying 'Well fuck it' says (to me) 'Yeah, I've changed my story, so what?'

You also wouldn't have 10+ people to respond to if you didn't jump on everyone who had said anything equal or more than 'Well done Anon, you did something good for once'. If you wanted to keep a civil debate, you would apply sources, keep the swearing down and keep to your story/reasons. In my eyes, and in several others, you are trolling.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Deamon Toss said:
well, i did not take that into consideration at all. I came in here... i admit, with the mindset that if you support anything anon does, you just support everything they do. Clearly I was mistaken after reading your post. What am I gonna do?

I know I handled this thread completely wrong, I came in here charging with guns blazing. trying to get my points across when the points weren't even begin questioned. And my over reaching hatred of anon pretty much got out of control. I "hate" anonymous, and I do have have a hard time admitting they do good at all, even when they clearly have.

I know I really shouldn't care so much, its not like the world is going to stop turning and its actually very easy to ignore them... they are just so fucking "loud" through, you know? Its like a giant microphone 24/7 with them.
We're very different in this sense, because regardless of whether they're in the right or not, news on anon always interests me, so I guess the whole "loud" thing doesn't bother me like it does you.
Anyway - and I mean this in the nicest possible way - I advise you either leave the thread altogether, or at least until you've calmed down.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Deamon Toss said:
One day they will realize hacking websites doesn't actually accomplish anything. Do they expect them to just say say "oh gee, are website was hacked! call off teh war effort and turn around and go home!" I bet they don't even care.

Soft power is stronger in influence, because it affects us emotionally, Humans are emotional beings.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Irridium said:
Deamon Toss said:
One day they will realize hacking websites doesn't actually accomplish anything. Do they expect them to just say say "oh gee, are website was hacked! call off teh war effort and turn around and go home!" I bet they don't even care.
Reminds me a bit of xkcd.

This.

Also, I'd like to see Anon actually try something, you know, dangerous instead of defacing websites and DDoS attacks. They've yet to (publicly) try anything serious against anyone who can do something about it, say China or Iran or North Korea.

Right now they're basically the annoying little shits who shout obscenities and throw water balloons at you over your fence.

And if you actually stand for freedom of information and privacy, then why the hell do you waste time attacking countries like the US and members EU who at best only moderately annoy their citizens as compared to the above nations where information control and privacy violation is their fucking SOP?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Deamon Toss said:
Worse. This is the sort of thing that makes them beat the war drums faster.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
Deamon Toss said:
YunikoYokai5 said:
1. The swearing was going back and forth, and I never swore towards a person. It was more of "throwing my hands up and saying "welp"
2.I again admit, I went totally "u mad" and was typing far faster than I could think. There is no way I could keep up the same song when I'm being hit from 10 different directions, no one could.
3. I didn't purposefully change my story, it just happens when your ferociously typing out responses to responses to responses. if I had more time to think, it would have came out far more clearly.
1) ...(looks further up the page, looks at 'Well fuck it', looks back at you) ...I was talking about any swearing rather than directed at someone, but both work.

2 and 3) Why do you feel the need to respond so damn fast then? People don't stalk this thread, they will wait for a response if they are expecting one or get back to you when they can. And I am sure they would further appreciate a sensible, well organised response than a desperate rabble like you have been throwing out. If you take your time and explain yourself clearly, then you wouldn't need to respond a million times because people would understand your reasons and leave you be. People just now are leaving you alone because they think you are a troll (which I still think you are) and getting out before the fail boat or worse, the Mods, comes into town.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Deamon Toss said:
Herpety Derpaty.
What is this guy being butthurt about?

Anonymous sucks? Its not what people think it is? They're wrong? They dont really mean it?

I dont get what you're trying to say. Are you just stating the obvious?

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Back on topic: Good to see them do something useful, even if only slightly, it's been too long. I remember the days when anon basically only existed to attack scientology. Those were good days. I think what anon needs is a new major goal (with a deserving target). As far as I can see they're is pretty much entirely composed of splinter groups now, and because of this the collective never seem to do anything useful as a whole anymore, and I think that's why they seem to be accomplishing so much less than they used to.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Deamon Toss said:
Dragunai said:
Soldiers shooting civilians in the street who aren't fighting back.
Wow, your balls must be huge. Its too bad Anon didn't breach their central governments servers and or military nerve center and re-direct missile attacks onto Assad >.>
yes, clearly anonymous have the right to now even play god themselves. The fact that you don't understand the absolute consequences of that action more or less says it all. when {not if} that happens, you can kiss all your internet freedoms goodbye. Becuase it will be the very last excuse for politicians to take them away.

I don't agree with their government at all, and I deplore what they are doing to their own people, but hacking into missile silo's is more or less the beginning of the end for everything as you know it.
Yes, because everything said on the net is to be taken seriously, disputed, attacked and trampled to make you look superior.

I don't know whats going on out there, I don't care either.

Its ANOTHER dictator in some country not spoken of by anyone until bad shit kicks off, as he goes about murdering innocent people who can't fight back, As usual when some dickless wonder gets into a position of power, and the media hypes it up like its the end of the fucking civilized world before the middle class teenagers of the west start sitting on their computers, on forums like these going "awww isn't it sad, let's discuss it so we can look like we care / are global politics savvy," to which I add another few tallies to my "Humans are a plague" chalkboard.

Walk it off junior and take your base.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Well Deamon, that's just some straight up irrational hatred. If you're gonna get mad at Anon, at least do it somewhere where it makes sense. Wrong thread. All you've done is make people angry at you, and agree with the other side more...which I might add is detrimental to your own argument.

OT: I'm not a huge Anon supporter, but the way I see it, they're more or less vigilantes...but on the computer nerd side of things. If you catch my meaning. Honestly, this is great. The news coverage that will end up blowing this out of proportion is a good thing for once. It raises more attention to the situation, and buckles some pressure down on the tyrannical leadership, knowing that the rest of the world is even a little more at arms at him. There's nothing bad about this. The worst that will happen...and while it is sad, is that he'll try harder to quell the resistance...which just leads to more sympathy until one of their neighbors steps in and stops it. So, all in all, great job Anon.