Anonymous Strikes Back, Hacks "Internet Security" Firm

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
zehydra said:
Lol, the biggest mistake the government could make in trying to take down anonymous is label it as a single, coherent, organization.
It worked out well when they tried it on al qaeda ;)

I wonder, what would happen if the U.S government were to declare war on Anonymous? The Big Buisness that pretty much own the American government have made their declaration, I wonder if the government will make an offical one?

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
Corkydog said:
Starke said:
STE3L said:
the American government is fighting a uphill battle on this one... as the whole idea of Anonymous is that there are no personal details, there are no names or faces, no records or bank accounts. the point is to create a current to pull the general population. Ddos all the way to full server takeovers... you can not stop it. to take a line form C&C: Generals "there is always a way in", now Wether it means going to the server and smashing it to bits or by swarming it with simultaneous hacks... you can't stop a river just by telling it to. I myself do not condemn them or there recent/past and hopefully future actions, as long as they do not drop innocent names about. let wikileaks live, for if you dream yourself my master... I will up 'n arms.
Very noble, and very incorrect.

There are bank accounts, not of the organization, but of the members, there are email accounts, there were accounts on the IRC server, data from which, that is now sitting in a federal evidence locker. There is information, there is lots of it, and what Anonymous claims will set it free is in fact the very thing that will damn it irrevocably. The freedom of information they champion will come back and bite them as it's used against them in a court of law. The countries they sought to "enlighten" will stomp on information harder than before. No one will learn anything, their crusade will make things far worse for everyone, and people will destroy their own lives in the process with no benefit to anyone.

So, as I said, very noble of you, but sadly very misguided as well.
Not that I disagree with you entirely, but in the US, hell will raise if the government tries to regulate or police the internet. When the common man is affected adversely, they tend to complain, and if enough people complain, it becomes more of a headache to try and fight anonymous.

And really, the government at the moment couldn't give a shit what these guys are doing. Pranks, no matter how illegal, are hardly the concern of big scary secret goverment agencies.
But it's not a secret government agency. It's the FBI. They're big and scary but not very secret.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
"They didn't just pick on any company, but we try to protect the US government from hackers. They couldn't have chosen a worse company to pick on."...
Didn't they just get into their systems and got access to all the information shared within the company?

How can you trust a company to protect you, if they can not even protect themselves?

That aside, funny how this continues. And in this case, they do not even protect their own, they just fuck around with a company who thought they had found the anonymous hackers. When will they realize anonymous is not uniform in any conceivable way?

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
008Zulu said:
zehydra said:
Lol, the biggest mistake the government could make in trying to take down anonymous is label it as a single, coherent, organization.
It worked out well when they tried it on al qaeda ;)
Good to finally see someone equating Anonymous with a terrorist organization. :p

008Zulu said:
I wonder, what would happen if the U.S government were to declare war on Anonymous? The Big Buisness that pretty much own the American government have made their declaration, I wonder if the government will make an offical one?
No, they won't. They're irritating script-kiddies. However, Anonymous is already so puffed up with their own self importance that they declared war on the UK.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Corkydog said:
Not that I disagree with you entirely, but in the US, hell will raise if the government tries to regulate or police the internet. When the common man is affected adversely, they tend to complain, and if enough people complain, it becomes more of a headache to try and fight anonymous.

And really, the government at the moment couldn't give a shit what these guys are doing. Pranks, no matter how illegal, are hardly the concern of big scary secret goverment agencies.
Yeah, but Egypt, Tunisia, and Zimbabwe have all been the subject of Anon attacks and are nowhere near as... "enlightened".

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Nah, they're too busy being "funny" to actually do any real damage.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
The Plunk said:
This whole thing is like: Punching a police officer, then hiding in a bush and when more police come to track you down, kicking the tracker dog in the face, throwing your passport and drivers license at the police and waving your dick in their general direction before high-tailing it out of there.

If you'll excuse the analogy.
That works only if the first police officer was arresting you for a horribly tortured metaphor.

IAmCaboose

Sep 12, 2010
Hmmmm, if this gets to be a huge problem, I can see the government recruiting the best hackers in the world to try and stop Anonymous... And then the recruits turn out to be part of Anonymous...

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Nah, they're too busy being "funny" to actually do any real damage.
No but they can certainly do a lot of damage by being stupid. Namely in Tunisia, Egypt, and Zimbabwe where they have been instituting attacks against those governments' websites. Resulting in: you guessed it, more crackdowns, more activists being rounded up (the very ones anon claims they were doing these actions in the service of), and people being disappeared. Anonymous has unwittingly aided in the murders of people in Tunisia and Egypt. I count that as doing real damage.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
Bravo to Anon, they may not be the most mature lot but their actions are more right than most realise.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I swear, Anon acts like a cartoon villian. The security firm like a cartoon victim and FBI like a cartoon hero.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Phyroxis said:
duchaked said:
I don't see why I would ever support the actions of folk like Anonymous

maybe I'm only a rebel when authorities get in my face in person? lol

First they came... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came%E2%80%A6]

At their core, Anon seems to be pushing for true net neutrality (but far be it from me to articulate the will of the horde).

or maybe I'm not paranoid/against the government? haha idk

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
I applaud this event, but I am still upset. Instead of antagonizing Anon, bait the group back to the REAL enemy... scientologists.

Blazeaga

Dec 10, 2010
I don't really understand why america or like the goverment is attack anon, is it 4chan only or are there many many other sites similar? Because i guess when they attack sites it could cause major hassels for some people but can't that be done with simple asking them to stop instead of threats? anyways if any one would kindly tell me the reasons on both sides i would gladly read them and apreciate it

i find this funny :D