Anonymous Strikes Back, Hacks "Internet Security" Firm

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Some of the stuff Anonymous has done paints them as a bunch of utter dickheads,[footnote]They hacked the epilepsy help site and replaced everything with flashing pictures. Don't tell me that's not fucking evil[/footnote] but this totally justifies their existence. How cool is that?

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Bretty said:
As far as I am concerned I think it is hilarious that most people here have entirely missed the point of this attack. A private corporation has been mining for American Citizens personal information... AND THEN SELLING IT TO THE GOVT. Yet all those complaining about Anon seem to have over looked this and pointed straight to Anon as 'the bad guys'.

As far as I am concerned this has been a good show. If only more Americans and private citizens from around the world would stand up for themselves and their neutrality.

This company thought it found a way to make a name and money... instead they found a fight. Something tells me they will be changing direction soon enough.
What do you expect from a flock of sheep?

I jest.

I think the big 'A' has been inconsistent in a lot of its attacks; if they're an organization, then there must be a lot of factionalism. I certainly agree with the rationale behind the aforementioned attack, however.

Too many people are buying into moralist government propaganda.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Daemascus said:
Dont this people have anything better to do? If they used all that time and energy on legal things they could make lots of money.
Obviously they are not doing it for the money? And dont you have anything better to do then working menial jobs to make money and live a life you hate?

No1 can really say that anyone else is wasting their life. People live the life they want to and its never a waste unless someone forces said people to live a life they dont want to, wich isnt the case here.

OT: Anon are awesome. This made my heart all warm and fuzzy.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
dududf said:
As if Pay Pal is any better then anonymous. Go tell that To India or various other people they rob and steal from. Like for instance, Notch the creator of Minecraft. How much did they steal from him you ask? 600 thousand euros.
Could you tell me more or show me a link about the notch-paypal thing? I'm intrigued.

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
Bobbity said:
Some of the stuff Anonymous has done paints them as a bunch of utter dickheads,[footnote]They hacked the epilepsy help site and replaced everything with flashing pictures. Don't tell me that's not fucking evil[/footnote] but this totally justifies their existence. How cool is that?
That was 4chan. If you want to hate on 4chan, start a new thread. When will people learn this? AnonOps is separate.

Anonymous is no longer merely a hate machine, Anonymous is an independant entity with its own goals outside of restrictive political procedure.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
h264 said:
Bobbity said:
Some of the stuff Anonymous has done paints them as a bunch of utter dickheads,[footnote]They hacked the epilepsy help site and replaced everything with flashing pictures. Don't tell me that's not a prick of a thing to do.[/footnote] but this totally justifies their existence. How cool is that?
That was 4chan. If you want to hate on 4chan, start a new thread. When will people learn this? AnonOps is separate.

Anonymous is no longer merely a hate machine, Anonymous is an independant entity with its own goals outside of restrictive political procedure.
Was it? I was poking around the wikipedia articles today for both groups, and I guess I got them somewhat confused. Although yes, that does sound more in character for an internet chatboard that does it for shits and giggles than a serious organization.
Thanks for the correction :)

Nov 27, 2010
GOD FUCKING DAMN!!!!!!

Anonymous rules. They're like the pirates of the internets (not torrent pirates, real fucking pirates). I fucking love pirates.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
RatRace123 said:
Prediction right now: the internet gets turned off. Yes it's an incredibly drastic move, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
I don't think that's actually possible right now (although they apparently proposed plans to create a 'kill the internet' switch, which got rejected). If that did happen, at least I live in Australia and not the US.
Assuming the Aus. government doesn't freak out about it...

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Sicram said:
It's probably skynet.
^
Only post in this thread that made me smile.

Also, as amusing as the concept of hacking the security firm is, and exposing the not so sound data they were collecting....sooner or later, we all lose. This is the stuff extreme conservatives feed on and use to thrust though concepts like internet censorship and monitoring etc.

Because as everyone keeps pointing out, Anon isnt a group, its just anyone with the internet and the inclination to call themselves Anon, so sooner one side will do something to make us all suffer...

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Teeth Kicker said:
How fast and hard do you think that guy that gave them the passwords got fired?
If by "fired" you mean "sued for massive damages"...

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
wow they actually went above just ddosing something congratz anon but still this is probably gonna get you in deeper shit something tells me they cannot outwit the nsa still even though I think they are retarded and I think they don't care about their current "cause" still gotta appreciate one of the only groups that seems to be carrying on the "Fight the power attitude"
attitude that makes humanity great now a days you are either living in a cave then doing the occasional suicide bombing or staging nice peaceful protests rather then the good ol' 60s-70s rabble rousing marches.

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
Mantonio said:
shakaar9267 said:
Daemascus said:
Dont this people have anything better to do? If they used all that time and energy on legal things they could make lots of money.
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Agreed. 'Anonymous' are really just criminals who use ID theft to fund their crimes. Calling themselves 'heroes' is insulting to anybody who works for a living.
What crimes, pray tell? Protesting against Scientology? Defending Wikileaks? Revealing a sham of a security company that is taking peoples private information and selling it to the FBI? What?
I don't get it either, they haven't really done anything bad. If anything all they have been doing is protecting freedom of speech but with a dark sense of humor, there was never any profit involved at all. Guess some Americans really do have to see enemies in everyone they disagree with...

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
FieryTrainwreck said:
The war on anonymous makes about as much sense as the war on drugs.
I think that's a very bad comparison when you consider what drugs do to people.

KingTwelveSixteen

Dec 18, 2010
icaritos said:
Mantonio said:
shakaar9267 said:
Daemascus said:
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Agreed. 'Anonymous' are really just criminals who use ID theft to fund their crimes. Calling themselves 'heroes' is insulting to anybody who works for a living.
What crimes, pray tell? Protesting against Scientology? Defending Wikileaks? Revealing a sham of a security company that is taking peoples private information and selling it to the FBI? What?
I don't get it either, they haven't really done anything bad. If anything all they have been doing is protecting freedom of speech but with a dark sense of humor, there was never any profit involved at all. Guess some Americans really do have to see enemies in everyone they disagree with...
If you read the thread there have been several mentions of anonymous directly provocing crazy governments into killing people. Also, every anonymous action I've heard of other than the anti-scientology protests has been crazy-illegal.

Oh yeah, and they apparently consider themselves to be bringers of "justice", and they do this by hacking sites and replacing things with insults. Even if the people they say are guilty actually are, (I wouldn't trust anyone using the name "anonymous" to be truthful) then they still are bringing pretty much zero justice on them, just petty annoyences the vast majority of the time.

As another point, a bunch of people in anonymous make big internet speeches that all say pretty much the same generic "justice" "Government is evil" "WE are the ones who will stop this stuff" crap. I hate that. All those speeches just make them sound like they have a very tenious grasp on the world and that they are doing this stuff to make themselves feel more important, and not out of any actual desire to help people in need. If they want to help people in need they should volunteer at homeless shelters or something else actually constructive instead of just trashing websites.