Apparently COD is a children's game?

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Zhukov said:
Midnight Crossroads said:
Have you ever had to drill in front of crowds of people who aren't in the military? It doesn't matter if crawling in the mud will save your life, grown men playing war games shouting, "BAM BAM BAM" at an imaginary bunker is not dignified, but it's damn more advanced than any video game on the subject matter. Seriously, pausing an entire movement because some guys kicked their soccer ball across our path.
Wait, complete tangent here, but... your army makes you yell, "BAM BAM BAM" at imaginary bunkers? And in front of spectators?

I never had to do that. We always got BFAs and blank rounds.

What country are you from?
The US. We had a public park nearby which had a wooded area which was easy to train on. We had paintball guns, but only used those on field training exercises. Otherwise we would use rubber rifles. This was for officer training though. I'm sure if it was basic or on an actual base, it would be with better equipment.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
While it's true that a lot of kids play call of duty, it's not AIMED for them. In fact, I'd say kids play it BECAUSE it's not marketed to them.

What if someone actually MADE a online MP squirtgun game with the EXACT same gameplay as cod. Would kids still play it?

Malo_Tux

Dec 23, 2010
Eh... I don't have a problem with kid playing CoD so long as they don't have a mic THEN it becomes an issue, mainly because I have to try and stop my grandfather from making an eight year old cry over the PSN.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You want to know the truth to it?
Its a simple game. You dont have to think. And thats what makes it a "children's game".

Its just as much of a children's game as EVE, or Dragon Age 2, or Minecraft.
You can just kick back, relax, and not have a care in the world(Other then CAMPERS *RAAAAAAGE*).

To say its made, and marketed "Directly" to children is a lie. Its aimed for the general gaming public.

Duke Nukem is an example of a game marketed to children. "TITS! EXPLOSIONS! PENIS JOKES! STRIP CLUB WITH TITS! MORE EXPLOSIONS! AND WALL TITS!"

Kernalgohd

Nov 8, 2010
Well, I hear dozens of little 5 year olds who swear like truckers, I constantly want to either beat them myself, or tell their parents to beat them, theyre just so misbehaved, I'm only like, 1 half generation older than them and I NEVER said what they said, I dont know what the hell they do, but I think parents should be allowed to beat little retard children, also, yeah, toddlers have taken over, nice for the easy kills though.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
bussinrounds said:
Mutilator7 said:
Kids play CoD, kids play pretty much every game...
You'd have to admit there is a way higher % of kids that play COD than a shooter like Arma, say ? No ?
CoD is just way more popular, constantly marketed, and allows you to hide in corners with 1-shot explosive devices, and rewards you for it. xD

Kernalgohd

Nov 8, 2010
kouriichi said:
Duke Nukem is an example of a game marketed to children. "TITS! EXPLOSIONS! PENIS JOKES! STRIP CLUB WITH TITS! MORE EXPLOSIONS! AND WALL TITS!"
Well thats what duke nukem was originally, so I dont see the problem, just minus half the penis jokes.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I started playing CoD when I was 12 (I think) but I played other games like rayman and pokemon when CoD4 came out I was more interested in Assassin's Creed 1 (is that better or worse). Back then I wanted a story not shooting.

All the younger players always look up to the "quickscopers" (<---which piss me off to hell). They look up to quickscopers as if they're the best of the best, which in some cases may be true but the majority of the time is incredibly false.

I played MW2 today and got 5 voice messages asking for a boosting lobby or a quickscoping lobby...All of which were in a "squeaker" voice. I like MW2 since it's so easy to play and win at but the fanbase (quickscoping/knife running/ noob tubing) is just truly awful and unbearable :(

I now play CoD at the age of 15 and I have 2.18 kill/death and I have prestiged, much to everyone's dissapointment, only once...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Kernalgohd said:
kouriichi said:
Well thats what duke nukem was originally, so I dont see the problem, just minus half the penis jokes.
Thats what a good Duke game should have. Its the Marketing of it i dont like.
Thats the official trailer. The uncut one is 10 times worse.
Im thinking about having kids in the future, and i dont want them seeing tits and ass plastered everywhere, and then what they see easily available.
The other duke games wernt even really marketed.

RandomNameRandom

Jul 11, 2011
Vescosein said:
Who cares, the series is fun to people and faulting people for liking something that's not "deep" is just ignorant. Because obviously intelligent people can only enjoy deep and meaningful games and fun isn't subjective at all.

I like Dr. Who and that's for kids and lacks any real depth, but millions of adults like it also both stupid and intelligent.

Im really just shoehorning my frustrations here, but who cares about this?

People who dislike call of duty are far more annoying than those who do like it, the haters never shut the fuck up. You can't watch any youtube video with an FPS without kids saying "derp it's better dan call of duty"

Anyway, of course the games lack depth and are easy juvenile fun. But the point is that its fun for many people regardless of whatever intelligence you think someone has. The people who relate what someone likes to a persons intelligence are the real ignorant ones because obviously the world is black and white in terms of enjoying things and intelligence.
Wait since when was Dr. Who, juvenile and lacking depth?

Feb 13, 2008
AlternatePFG said:
It's not aimed at children but they sure do love it.
I'm sure companies would never aim products that kids would like squarely at adults to offset possible legal problems if they did try to sell them to kids.

Jaeriko

May 29, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
its just like Justin Bieber and Harry Potter.
That....what? How can you put Harry Potter and Justin Bieber in the same category for anything, let alone compare either to CoD?

I'm especially respectful of the fact that J.K Rowling could have milked her series basically indefinitely. She could have made sequels in the following generations, or maybe witches and wizards at various points in the past, etc. I think she's shown remarkable restraint in leaving it as is.

Feb 13, 2008
RandomNameRandom said:
We only say that because we're forced to put some negative points to it. Otherwise all the Who-haters jump on the topic.

RandomNameRandom

Jul 11, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
RandomNameRandom said:
We only say that because we're forced to put some negative points to it. Otherwise all the Who-haters jump on the topic.
uhm... ok then
I didn't realize "Who-haters" was a large enough population to be annoyed about, but i suppose that's fine.

alinos

Nov 18, 2009
Yosharian said:
You never played Search & Destroy with really good players if you think there is no depth to CoD4/MW2 multiplayer.
Agree with Cod4 S&D since then the limitations put in place by MW2 and the stupid limited amount of rounds. ruined the game. Spend more time in the bloody lobby between games than you do actually playing.

Still play Cod4 S&D routinely, the series has declined since