Apple Patents New "Anti-Sexting" Technology

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Right, because the ability to send sexual text messages is the sole and only reason that kids think and behave like this, and without them they will revert to docile and uncomplicated innocence.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Also, considering you can buy a basic mobile phone with text abilities for around £5 new, having a block on one make of phone probably isn't going to stop a tidal wave of filth from flowing back and forth between horny teenagers.

Also, whatever happened to just regular phone sex? Bah, youth of today, when I was young I had to call and actually talk dirty, not just wiggle my thumb over some keys. And all of this were fields, and kids had respe...*mumbles my way into a nap until nurse comes with my pills*

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
We are Apple. Clean up your messages and surrender your rights. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Companies seem to have a disturbing big brother about them now a days. What happened to they make product we buy it...

Sensei Le Roof

Jul 2, 2008
cursedseishi said:
Hey, I cant wait to marklar your marklar with my marklar all marklar long, then get onto all four marklars and marklar the marklar with my marklar marklar...

something like that I'd imagine?
Is it wrong that my first thought was "You can't use 'marklar' as an adjective"?

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
There is a much simpler solution:

Have the kid's iPhone forward all his texts to his mom. He's never sext again. If the kid complains, stop paying his bill.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
We are Apple. Clean up your messages and surrender your rights. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
/thread.

Seriously though, this is a ridiculous invasion of privacy.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Why are people bashing Apple when this service is completely dependent on a parent activating it? Seriously people, stop with the stupidly blind hating and look at the situation.

I understand why parents would be concerned about this, so I understand that this could be valuable in some situations. It depends on how well it is implemented: we'll see.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
HG131 said:
See humanity, do you see what happened with your insane love for Apple? They're trying to block human sexuality now. Nice job breaking it, humanity.
weren't all portal jokes outlawed under penalty of /b/?
still, nice job trying to disguise it with obscuirty

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
olikunmissile said:
Fuck. That.

Too far.

The resistance starts here, WHO'S WITH ME?
I'm pretty sure Gordon Freeman is. Owing to the lack of speech, we can only assume he communicates by iPhone.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
olikunmissile said:
Fuck. That.

Too far.

The resistance starts here, WHO'S WITH ME?
Does the "resistance" involve opening a text-ing based sex line? I'm in, if that's the case.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
The thing is though, they are only making it because there is a demand for it. I wouldn't put all the blame on Apple.

But you know what, I'm okay with this. It will create a flow of new euphemism for sex.

The monster with two backs...
Hot crackers, I'd roger her boogly.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Apple's initiatives are...
*puts on sunglasses*
patently absurd.

YEEEEEEEAH!

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
The patent cites the example of a student learning Spanish, who could have his texting privileges suspended unless he includes a specific number of Spanish words or phrases in his messages.
What the fuck? That's utterly ridiculous.

Cuppa Tetleys

Mar 22, 2010
Oh for god's sake!! That's the most fun thing to do with texting!!! Why must they; first try to advertise safari as a usable browser and now take away a great benefit of being young and on a contract with O2!!!