Are most gamers into metal music?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
EightGaugeHippo said:
I dont think most gamers are into metal. Most escapist members are though. Including me.
Sadly I don't think most gamers are into games but a cheap and fast audio/visual experience.....

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
I'm really choosy on my metal but I do partake sometimes. I have a rather broad music taste as well but prefer to hover around the alternative rock and industrial genres

Mass B

Mar 2, 2010
I like a lot of kinds of music, including some metal, but i'm mostly into electronic and alternative music

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Yeah, it always blows my mind the amount of metal fans here. I can't stand the genre and know like 2 people personally who like it. Then you come here and it's just about everyone.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Pop music is all about fads, and has very little fan loyalty, most fans being swayed by MTV. Seriously, does anyone still consider themselves a fan of Vanilla Ice or Boyz 2 Men?
Metal has a fanbase that seems to be pretty loyal, ages well and encompasses a lot of diverse people.
As for gamers and metal, I can't speak for all gamers, but I've noticed its helped me concentrate to put a metal playlist on (current example: Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Washed in Blood (local), Dead in Bed (local)). While playing this music I do better in multiplayer matches, get less frustrated by insanely hard boss fights and generally even drive better (when the rare mood hits that I want to actually play a racing game).
Its about personal preference but I have noticed a good portion of people who play games tend to also be into at the very least classic rock if not metal.

TheMoatMonster

Dec 15, 2008
While it is true that most gamers are very loyal metal fans, I'm a gamer and I only listen to classical music, nothing else.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
I'm a gamer... and I don't actually like metal. Not to say I'd never listen to it, I just prefer other genres.

All depends on the song really.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Not THE favourite of mine but at least on 2nd or 3rd.
My first CD was Metal (Blind Guardian)my first Album on MC too (Type O Negative), so i always keep it true in my heart, even if i listen to it nearly only at concerts and festivals nowadays, with only a few exceptions.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
No just the escapist but i HATE metal so much i cant stand it for what ever reason. But i can listen to it more than rap and hip hop

Oskar K

Feb 21, 2010
Nadlice said:
Oskar K said:
EDIT: Slipknot is not "metal" its a cat dying while being force fed a microphone.. and screamo/grindcore/everything with a dude choking on a fish bone or something is not metal.. its wannabe music.. is almost as bad as justin bieber
Please don't dismiss 2 whole subgenres of music. You either understand your statement was hyperbole (and clearly don't care), or you genuinely think you are the only person to not enjoy screaming or growling.

I cannot stand slipknot, but I don't insult everybody at all similar to them because of it.

I'm... confused about using Beiber as an insult. Sure I dislike him and his music, but it seems out of place as an insult. I assume most people dislike it because it is simple and caters itself only to preteen girls. I can't see you have the same problem with Napalm Death.
I dun get it?

GhostKnifeFish

Aug 19, 2009
I'm into alot of different music styles aswell. Electro, rock, blues, metal, etc but my old standby is usually some Swedish melo-death.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
amaranth_dru said:
Pop music is all about fads, and has very little fan loyalty, most fans being swayed by MTV. Seriously, does anyone still consider themselves a fan of Vanilla Ice or Boyz 2 Men?
Metal has a fanbase that seems to be pretty loyal, ages well and encompasses a lot of diverse people.
As for gamers and metal, I can't speak for all gamers, but I've noticed its helped me concentrate to put a metal playlist on (current example: Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Washed in Blood (local), Dead in Bed (local)). While playing this music I do better in multiplayer matches, get less frustrated by insanely hard boss fights and generally even drive better (when the rare mood hits that I want to actually play a racing game).
Its about personal preference but I have noticed a good portion of people who play games tend to also be into at the very least classic rock if not metal.
I still like boys to men and Bell Biv DeVoe , then again I am strange....or damaged ...I prefer strange..it sounds better :p

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Oskar K said:
Nadlice said:
Oskar K said:
EDIT: Slipknot is not "metal" its a cat dying while being force fed a microphone.. and screamo/grindcore/everything with a dude choking on a fish bone or something is not metal.. its wannabe music.. is almost as bad as justin bieber
Please don't dismiss 2 whole subgenres of music. You either understand your statement was hyperbole (and clearly don't care), or you genuinely think you are the only person to not enjoy screaming or growling.

I cannot stand slipknot, but I don't insult everybody at all similar to them because of it.

I'm... confused about using Beiber as an insult. Sure I dislike him and his music, but it seems out of place as an insult. I assume most people dislike it because it is simple and caters itself only to preteen girls. I can't see you have the same problem with Napalm Death.
I dun get it?
I think thats the point. *rolls eyes*

But more over you are a bit harsh in lumping together and dismissing it all just cuse you think one is better than another.

Oskar K

Feb 21, 2010
ZippyDSMlee said:
Oskar K said:
Nadlice said:
Oskar K said:

I dun get it?

But more over you are a bit harsh in lumping together and dismissing it all just cuse you think one is better than another.
Yeah okay.. but i still dont see why i shouldent hate on grindcore n stuff like that when i clearly hate it

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Oskar K said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Oskar K said:
Nadlice said:
Oskar K said:

I dun get it?

Yeah okay.. but i still dont see why i shouldent hate on grindcore n stuff like that when i clearly hate it
You can hate it just not with all the vileness and vitriol as something like teen pop deserves. ^_~