Are most gamers into metal music?

bloodshed113094

Jul 16, 2010
Well, this is a generation of gamers that like to see things eyes explode from a zombies head in Nazi Germany...
but i don't like metal as much as hard rock, and yes, their is a difference.

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Suki the Cat said:
Because what they say about 90% or whatnot of people going over to rap and hip hop simply isn't true, metal is still going strong!
To quote the song "The Metal" from The Pick of Destiny...
You can't kill the Metal!

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I don't listen to Metal unless I'm very angry, and it takes a lot to get me very angry, most of the time. Most people that I know that listen to metal are alright, but tend to be a bit more.... aggressive. I'm not saying they're "I'm-gonna-smash-you-in-the-mouth-if-you-look-at-me" aggressive, but they are more aggressive than people who don't listen to metal. Heavy Metal doesn't cause aggression, but it attracts fans who are aggressive. Games, FPS's especially, DON'T CAUSE violence but they do ATTRACT the already somewhat aggressive fan.

And that's why I believe a lot of gamers like death metal. Then again, judging by the avatars I've seen in TF2 and on Forums, a lot of gamers also like anime, which is decidedly NOT metal in any way shape or form (well, at least, that's what I can tell. There's probably some extremely violent anime, but from what I see people watching or selling in the stores, it's not exactly "metal").

I don't know - maybe it's because death metal or heavy metal inspires feelings of violence and brutality that somehow makes a gamer feel "Tough" and "Manly", which is ludicrous, but there you go. Many people play games for similar feelings (myself included), so there's a link there. (Is Metal music Self-esteem boosting? Does it make you feel like a "bad-ass" (despite the fact that most gamers, like me, are shut-ins who can't take even one punch. You know it's true. I certainly do).

Nadlice

Jun 3, 2009
Oskar K said:
EDIT: Slipknot is not "metal" its a cat dying while being force fed a microphone.. and screamo/grindcore/everything with a dude choking on a fish bone or something is not metal.. its wannabe music.. is almost as bad as justin bieber
Please don't dismiss 2 whole subgenres of music. You either understand your statement was hyperbole (and clearly don't care), or you genuinely think you are the only person to not enjoy screaming or growling.

I cannot stand slipknot, but I don't insult everybody at all similar to them because of it.

I'm... confused about using Beiber as an insult. Sure I dislike him and his music, but it seems out of place as an insult. I assume most people dislike it because it is simple and caters itself only to preteen girls. I can't see you have the same problem with Napalm Death.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Korolev said:
I don't listen to Metal unless I'm very angry, and it takes a lot to get me very angry, most of the time. Most people that I know that listen to metal are alright, but tend to be a bit more.... aggressive. I'm not saying they're "I'm-gonna-smash-you-in-the-mouth-if-you-look-at-me" aggressive, but they are more aggressive than people who don't listen to metal. Heavy Metal doesn't cause aggression, but it attracts fans who are aggressive. Games, FPS's especially, DON'T CAUSE violence but they do ATTRACT the already somewhat aggressive fan.

And that's why I believe a lot of gamers like death metal. Then again, judging by the avatars I've seen in TF2 and on Forums, a lot of gamers also like anime, which is decidedly NOT metal in any way shape or form (well, at least, that's what I can tell. There's probably some extremely violent anime, but from what I see people watching or selling in the stores, it's not exactly "metal").

I don't know - maybe it's because death metal or heavy metal inspires feelings of violence and brutality that somehow makes a gamer feel "Tough" and "Manly", which is ludicrous, but there you go. Many people play games for similar feelings (myself included), so there's a link there. (Is Metal music Self-esteem boosting? Does it make you feel like a "bad-ass" (despite the fact that most gamers, like me, are shut-ins who can't take even one punch. You know it's true. I certainly do).
If you look at a piece of media with negativity you can not see the positiveness in it, most of it has a reason for being negative its not being negative just to be negative in its context...like rap...*runs and hides* LOL

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
I am a Metal Thrashin Maniac; I believe that the guitar solo should be the official music of the video gaming world.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Personally, I'm not a big fan if metal. I'll admit that I listen to rap, r&b, rock, etc.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
There's one answers.
The movie Gamer starts of with the song Sweet Dreams by Marily Manson, is there anything else to say?!!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Nadlice said:
Oskar K said:
EDIT: Slipknot is not "metal" its a cat dying while being force fed a microphone.. and screamo/grindcore/everything with a dude choking on a fish bone or something is not metal.. its wannabe music.. is almost as bad as justin bieber
Please don't dismiss 2 whole subgenres of music. You either understand your statement was hyperbole (and clearly don't care), or you genuinely think you are the only person to not enjoy screaming or growling.

I cannot stand slipknot, but I don't insult everybody at all similar to them because of it.

I'm... confused about using Beiber as an insult. Sure I dislike him and his music, but it seems out of place as an insult. I assume most people dislike it because it is simple and caters itself only to preteen girls. I can't see you have the same problem with Napalm Death.
More like if you don't like it don't like it its most likely your fault for not "understanding"/liking it. This dose not work on video games tho as most new games are watered down suck fests catering to the mindless masses.... :p

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Iam not. , classic rock is what I listen to mainly bit of other stuff to but every far behind rock.

Talon_Skywarp

Aug 2, 2010
Use to like Metal

Then it went down the toilet and every band I liked were stolen by people with star tattoos and checked shirts.

And Ozzy and Johnny Rotten sell butter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRjZoRtu0Y

Its the only song you need in life.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Not really, i will listen to it but only to a certain extent, the occasional song on the radio maybe, the occasional band at a gig, but when im in my mates car and he insists on playing heavy metal or death metal all the time then i quickly start hating it, admitadly im much the same with almost every type of music, im all for variety

Nadlice

Jun 3, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
More like if you don't like it don't like it its most likely your fault for not "understanding"/liking it. This dose not work on video games tho as most new games are watered down suck fests catering to the mindless masses.... :p
Did you use quotations on "understanding" to qoute me? If so, you should probably reread what I said. I'm not a music purist who thinks the fastest or most complex music is the best music, and as such I never said he didn't understand.

He is entitled to his opinion on music (though his origanal post irked me, so I tried to flame out some of the anger).

laol1999

Apr 15, 2010
i like rock but not metal
theres probobly a diversity of different music taste on here

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
I can't stand metal myself. Most of the metal I find has good instrumentals but has vocals that seem a bit off.

Then again, I listen to alternative, rock, and comedy; it's just a matter of opinion.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Sure I like metal, (YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL [Dimmu Borgir version thanks]) but I'd like to think I'm more eclectic than that. Spanish music, rastafarian, eminem and some old rappers, bioshock sorta sounding stuff, classical. I generally like it as long as the guy singing doesn't sound like a lobotomy patient and is not bla-*sniped*

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Nadlice said:
Did you use quotations on "understanding" to qoute me? If so, you should probably reread what I said. I'm not a music purist who thinks the fastest or most complex music is the best music, and as such I never said he didn't understand.

He is entitled to his opinion on music (though his origanal post irked me, so I tried to flame out some of the anger).
No not you, was more referring to what Oskar K said.

By understand I mean "get" and by get I probably mean it clicks with you, some are to easy to dismiss whats new thinking its a bad clone of something old. I only do it with video games as mechanics take a back seat to everything else and games are built around mechanics and since you do not watch a game and all mechanics need to be focused on and polished more ... of core that will never happen since corporate rule number one less for more rules the game industry with iron fist....

But back to music even media in general imitation is the greatest form of flattery, whatever is done or made people will rally around it in some shape or form so those outside the niche can bash on it. LOL