Are you actually good at gaming?

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
I am very Strategic in FPS and RTS games. Thus very creative and usually win all the time from my created Strategies with team mates and Lone Wolf. I engineer Victory IRL. I make your Holodeck fantasies come to life. Better get your katana out for Holodeck Fruit Ninja!

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
I'm pretty good in every genre except sports, racing and strategy games mostly because i don't play a lot of those genres

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
I am better than a lot of gamers, but in the games I play. I usually top or come high in he scoreboards in games I play. I have been considered a rusher, and sometimes I am. I'd give me an 7.8. decent, but definitely room for improvement

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
I'm decent i play most games on hardcore, I'm decent at multiplayer im by no meas pro or whatever, but I think alot of fps games have alot to do with connection

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I am 15 and play since I am 5, I am good with first person shooters (because they are all the same) and third person shooters, when it comes to driving games I suck, and I don't like to play RTS games online because I get to nervous but I am below average when I fight againts the AI so I assume I suck.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Any puzzle game...I can beat it.
Portal 1&2 btw are very easy(for me) but both are VERY fun puzzle games

I'm also pretty good at shooters (PC only...controllers suck)

Apr 15, 2009
Yes I kicked ass in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and I'm kicking ass in TF2, but I can't play console games worth shit, I'd have more luck trying to finish Duke Nukem forever with my ears than to play any console shooter

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I feel pretty confident in RPGs. I often figure out ways to exploit the system in different ways to complete my objectives.
I've never been able to grasp RTS games though. Strategy on a large scale is definitely not my strong side.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I'm okay. About average on Multi-player FPS games, and pretty alright at others. Occasionally I just do something AWESOME, but I screw up a lot too.
I don't really sweat it, though.

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
I don't play FPS enough to be among the elite, but I have the reactions for it. I do pretty well at most genres, except one: RTS. Specifically, Star Craft and War Craft style, because of base building combined with army building. My latent OCD kicks in, and I can't build a base fast enough because I accidentally made my second barracks one... tile... off... and then I can't stop thinking about it! *twitch*

Bacontastic

Aug 15, 2011
On the PC i'm fairly good at any genre. With a controller though only Platformers. For shooters on a console you might as well just give me a stick. Darn dual sticks why u no percise! ლಠ益ಠლ I'm so darn spoiled by the good old mouse and keyboard.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
Fucking shit no. Everything that I love doing, is something that I suck dick at. I'm not saying that to sound deep or anything, I just suck at stuff.

ultrapowerpie

Feb 22, 2011
I'm decent at games. That doesn't mean that I can go through every game on hard mode, oh no. But that doesn't mean that I suck either. I like going through on normal mode, that's all. I play to enjoy :D

Nitrozzy7

Feb 15, 2010
I'm a jack of all trades and I tend to adapt swiftly when something challenging comes up (given a save or two). At least that's how a friend of mine puts it.
What I think for my self? I learn to win the game as I play, if I feel like it. In other words, if a game is fun, interesting, and immersive for me then I will take whatever it can throw at me. That being said, I'm seeing more and more games since 2004 in which I'm the Master of the Universe or at least that's what games like Portal 2 will have me to believe. This sucks.
I don't like playing games that are built like this. I feel offended; I feel like the "gain" from all this "pain" is obsolete. I don't like that. It's like winning a staged fight. Disgusting.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
I do consider my self as a "good" gamer, since i appear to learn most of the games i play fast, and end up dominating in multiplayer after couple days of practise (This mostly considers shooters). I'm an average rts player but i have never got into BF:series, i always get my ass handed to me in every single title i have played. Also i always start my single player games on the hardest difficulty if its not locked, if it is; i will go on normal.
..But i hate sports and driving games (without guns), i have never been good at those.

Lem_Gambino

Mar 17, 2009
I consider myself pretty skilled, but not on the same level as people who can pull off harder challenges (like the Hardcore mode you mentioned), or people who do challenge runs (RoahmMythril with his Mega Man Perfect Runs, or the speedrunners on Speed Demos Archive). I usually play just to finish the story, see if I like it enough to play through it again and unlock everything. Some of the stuff is really, really hard or tedious to get sometimes, so I usually don't bother with such things unless it's worthwhile in my eyes.

tl;dr I'm an "enthusiast," but not necessarily a "serious" gamer.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Jakub324 said:
My k/d on MW2 and Black Ops was somewhere around 0.85 so I suppose I suck. I'm not that bad on single-player, though.
A COD KD shouldn't be taken seriously. Too many kill streak kills, death by dogs, lag, campers and claymores for there to be any skill.

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Im 19. Been gaming science 6. Half of my youth was spent in arcades.
I can beat any game in my first playthrough on hard without breaking a sweet..

The only games i suck donkey hairy balls are at FIFA and Madden..
dam you sports... DAMM YOUUUU (except rugby, I love rugby... and ping pong...)

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Not really, if anything I'd say decent or average. I mostly play single player games, and even then I usually stick to medium difficult, sometimes hard. Earlier Tony Hawk games (when they had difficulties that weren't outrageously insane) were the only I could actually play on the hardest and finish. Multiplayer wise, I only really play FPS games, and those are kinda hit/miss. Homefront I seemed to be on top most of the games I played, but my k/d ratios are pretty close to 1, and I usually end up with the most amount of deaths.