Are you single or not ?

idon'tknowaboutthat

Nov 30, 2009
Wouldn't it have been easier to include a poll with this thread so that you don't have to read through every post for a thread about a yes or no question?

Anyways, single, virgin, depressed. Whoooo.

Captcha: I'm so cold.

Yes captcha, yes I am.

eberg

Feb 4, 2013
I'm 40 and have been happily married for fourteen years. My wife is a gamer and we have a mini-honeymoon every year at Gen Con.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have been single for the last 22 years and I have zero plans to change that any time soon.

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Single now...I was in my first relationship last summer though...but then I broke it off, because...ugh...

Without getting into details, I'm just going to say that it was boring. Our conversations were always superficial and...well, it just wasn't really all that fun. Nothing on her really, it's just she was actually the first person to tell me that she liked me. We've talked before and nothing we talked about really sparked my interest, but I thought I'd giver her a chance.

Oh well...

My life's too busy for friends and family anyway...actually, my family is a part of making my life busy. So, I should just say my life is too busy for friends or anything really...

Actually, there is one person I might be interested in right now, but...well, I'm just not very good with this whole thing in the first place...

My asperger-like personality added with my inability to keep up with any sort of commitment seems to have me shot for anything...oh well...

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
21 years old, been in a relationship almost 5 years now. Been living together for the last two. Doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Currently engaged to be married in the spring.

She was my first real GF too, since all my previous attempts at dating ended pretty craptaculary. I'd pretty much stopped caring about trying to get a date, let alone a GF and decided it'll happen if it happens. I was also a virgin until we starting having sex.

Poked around OKCupid every so often, but one of the girls I'd looked at messaged me, apparently wondering why I looked at her page and didn't bother messaging. We hit it off, moved it together about a year or so ago and it's been working pretty well.

Talking about shorties but we're waiting until after the wedding and if we have to move when I get a new job next summer.

SOMExCHICK

Oct 28, 2014
Been single for a little over a year. Was with the same guy for 8 years and had two kids. We had a lot of issues where I finally had to end it and to be 100% honest I'm a lot happier. Nice to be single and do my own thing. It is rough sometimes being a single mom but I manage.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Single since birth. It's weird, I'm fine at actually talking to women like a perfectly normal person, but whenever things seem like they might go further, I somehow manage to either completely miss the signs, or freeze up in fear. Needles to say, I find it to be one of the more annoying aspects of my personality. I think I'll put more of an effort into this once I've graduated.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Men use love to get sex.
Women use sex to get love.
I use coupons to buy pizza.

I'm 28, single since I was 17. And, I was in better shape than all but 3 of the 18 year olds in my division when I was at RTC (navy boot camp) this last summer, not bad for the second oldest guy in the div. I'll also tell ya I got 96 (that's I did better than 96% of those that took the test) on the ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery) while I'm selling myself.

[img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Sleeping_Sage/Untitled-2.png"/][br]Damn is my head shiny.

hoof ardet

Mar 26, 2010
Not exactly single. I live with a woman, but I told her pretty early one that I don't want to be a boyfriend. We're romantic but we both see other people casually. I feel like it's ideal for me.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Nope. I am become Rejection, the destroyer of hopes. Plus, all women I have any interest for are either taken or uninterested in relationships.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Currently single for about 6 (going on 7) months now after a 6 months relationship. And, sadly, that last relationship was probably the healthiest and most enjoyable of the five relationships I've been in.

Trying to start a new one with a girl I recently met. We had one "date" (I use quotes because it was our first time meeting. Online dating and such). And I can't gauge how interested she is in me with just that. I'm on the side of the fence that she probably isn't too interested since it seems like a chore to get a response from her message wise since then. Course, I also just prefer skepticism in these situations because low expectations keep depressing shit happening from being too depressing.

That being said, I'm also not actively trying to start a relationship (meeting lots of people or going out a bunch) as I'm in a cross-roads in regards to my living situation and job(s) at the moment. Would rather deal with those before trying to bring someone else into my stupid little world.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Strange case here, apparently cannot stick anywhere more than 2 months for something to get serious. Been single for 3 weeks. By that I mean University, going back and forth between two countries and now being forced to join the army. Been in love once until now.

Won't bore everyone with details but suffice it to say that you cannot gain experience without hurting yourself or someone else. That's the way to get to relationships that last longer. Unless, you know, you get lucky.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I'm in a sexual relationship with my Super Sonico body pillow.
No, wait! Come back!

In all seriousness, I'm single. Had a relationship in 2007/2008, but it was fairly poisoning towards the end. Haven't found anyone since. Haven't really looked either to be honest.

I am in a fake relationship with my (same-gendered)[footnote]We're both heterosexual.[/footnote] cousin on Facebook. Does that count?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
annecosta said:
I'm Taken and we're in a long distance relationship. But it's alright.
I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. If you're looking for sex, I can tell you that you won't get any. But what I do have is a particular set of neurosis, neurosis that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Single since birth, by choice. Girls are icky and it's too easy to get straddled with responsibilities that I simply cannot afford nor do I want.