Armored Core 6 gameplay finally revealed.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Not sure what the visual gap is between PS4 & PS5 for AC6 since I’ve only seen compressed youtube videos of it, but I will say I was surprised by how well Elden Ring runs on PS4, given it’s also a noticeable step up from their past games in terms of fidelity and scale. The only slowdown I had was when riding Torrent with like half a dozen enemies fighting together. Or when groups of wolves or birds in the background had choppy animation.

With AC6 it’ll likely be easier to manage the graphical load when needed since the action will generally be faster and more airborne, creating distance from textures and such. Plus unless they have some map surprises there’s not as much environmental variance. I think most of the visual focus will be kept on the actual mechs and opponents, which will allow even the PS4 version to run smoothly.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
So there are many youtubers who got to try out the game (lucky bastards), and one of the things that seems to be brought up are customization options, and how so much are offered from the base game without any of the MTX/lootbox/battle pass bullshit.

While I'm glad FS decided to stick with the principles, it is also quite sad that something as basic as changing the color from red to blue is a feature that needs to be mentioned in the vids.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Here's SkillUp

He calls it a "slow burn" and is sorta mixed but positive. The thing that interested me the most is he talks about most of the combat being actually easy but boss fights being hard, and some of the missions being short and easy.
To me, this sounds great. One of the reason I don't wanna play Souls games or fighting games any more is that I just can't handle everything being a freaking struggle any more- maybe I'm a wuss, a scrub, whatever. I wanna fuck some shit up and then, yeah, gimme a challenge, but not every damn second, I can't even any more with that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After looking at some footage, I can say I'm more hyped for Armored Core 6 and Alan Wake II than Spider-Man 2. I might trade in some games to start a pre-order.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
So fextralife's comment on "out-dated graphics" is getting him some backlash and downvotes.

I'd like to say that Fromsoft is actually doing their jobs to make sure the game is optimized and buttery smooth on all platforms. IIRC the original Dark Souls had the major hiccups in particular areas like Blighttown, and DS2 had to cut back on graphics just to be able run on past consoles.

Certainly beats asking for a full price for an unoptimized game. (I'm looking at you, Redfall)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So fextralife's comment on "out-dated graphics" is getting him some backlash and downvotes.
What the fuck does Fextra means by "out dated graphics"? Fextra, you need your eyes checked. I saw that footage on my big bro's 4K TV! Nothing looks out dated! I don't know what you're expectations were, but bubby, you are setting them way too high.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

I'd like to say that Fromsoft is actually doing their jobs to make sure the game is optimized and buttery smooth on all platforms. IIRC the original Dark Souls had the major hiccups in particular areas like Blighttown, and DS2 had to cut back on graphics just to be able run on past consoles.

Certainly beats asking for a full price for an unoptimized game. (I'm looking at you, Redfall)
It also just goes to show 8th gen console support…is basically on life support.

C’mon Sony; where’s that PS5 Slim announcement?

/thanks COVID

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I'm gonna defend Mr. Fextralife because I watched his video and I got where he was coming from.
First of all he wasn't like shitting on the game, the videos are like 95% praise. Frankly it's kind of annoying how fanboys find the one thing and harp on it- need i remind us of the 7/10 review bullshit "controversies."
But in terms of graphics- yeah, even Elden Ring doesn't look as sharp and impressive as contemporaries like Horizon and even shitty games like Forspoken. And we understand why- it's an older engine, it's cross-gen, etc- but it's there and fair to notice it.

And the more time passes, the more it becomes noticeable. Especially now with devs more and more abandoning previous gen. The standards of graphically are being raised.

Now this is the point in the discourse where I might get lectured about gameplay being more important over gaphics, about how indy games are better cause they don't chase graphics in order to sell bullshit games to the sheeple, and listing all the games with pretty graphics that people hate. That is not the point, not relevant, not really true, and beside the point.
Fextralife do not need their "eyes checked..." lol come on. Dude made a fair point and opinion about how the game looks and frankly he's pretty much right.

I also expected this going on, having played Elden Ring. It is known that FromSoftware does NOT prioritize graphical fidelity. This is some sick point of pride amongst the fanboys.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I'm gonna defend Mr. Fextralife because I watched his video and I got where he was coming from.
First of all he wasn't like shitting on the game, the videos are like 95% praise. Frankly it's kind of annoying how fanboys find the one thing and harp on it- need i remind us of the 7/10 review bullshit "controversies."
But in terms of graphics- yeah, even Elden Ring doesn't look as sharp and impressive as contemporaries like Horizon and even shitty games like Forspoken. And we understand why- it's an older engine, it's cross-gen, etc- but it's there and fair to notice it.

And the more time passes, the more it becomes noticeable. Especially now with devs more and more abandoning previous gen. The standards of graphically are being raised.

Now this is the point in the discourse where I might get lectured about gameplay being more important over gaphics, about how indy games are better cause they don't chase graphics in order to sell bullshit games to the sheeple, and listing all the games with pretty graphics that people hate. That is not the point, not relevant, not really true, and beside the point.
Fextralife do not need their "eyes checked..." lol come on. Dude made a fair point and opinion about how the game looks and frankly he's pretty much right.

I also expected this going on, having played Elden Ring. It is known that FromSoftware does NOT prioritize graphical fidelity. This is some sick point of pride amongst the fanboys.
Call me crazy but I was still pretty delighted that ER looked as good as it did on PS4, while still running as well as last games. It’s been stated the Demon’s Souls Remake put added pressure on the team to push graphical fidelity, and it was a noticeable improvement however short they fell on micro level details. Hell the character creation is a drastic improvement in itself.

So with AC6 odds are any lack of visual flourishes will pretty much be a moot point with the faster paced action and post processing going on.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I get where he's somewhat coming from, but they don't look close to that dated. Like I said before, we're looking at two different screens. I don't know what he was looking at, but it was something else. I'm not saying this game has the best graphics ever made, but they don't look anywhere close to David or bad. I know he wasn't trying to start stuff, but the game looks great. As long as the gameplay is awesome, that's all that matters to me. Individuals do look good. If you want something that highly detailed and graphical, there's plenty of other options. I'm not making excuses for FS, but I'm not seeing whatever he's seeing. I always prefer style listening over realistic. While the Armored Core series have always leaned on the semi realistic side, they still put their own style or anime spin on it. Even if it doesn't look like it.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Nonetheless Elden Ring is one of the best looking games of the generation simply because it has such superb art direction. A few crispy edges are forgivable if you're being given something genuinely interesting to look at.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Watched the live stream, and it never occurred to me that this game will have a multiplayer. Looks like a dedicated competitive one too, and that's killing my hype for the game a little bit.

Granted, I can simply choose to ignore the multiplayer, but in my experience with different games in the past the post-launch content updates are usually just for the multiplayer. IDK, maybe Acitivison, T2, and EA are the ones to blame here and I do trust Bandai and FS, but now I'm worried a bit

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Watched the live stream, and it never occurred to me that this game will have a multiplayer. Looks like a dedicated competitive one too, and that's killing my hype for the game a little bit.

Granted, I can simply choose to ignore the multiplayer, but in my experience with different games in the past the post-launch content updates are usually just for the multiplayer. IDK, maybe Acitivison, T2, and EA are the ones to blame here and I do trust Bandai and FS, but now I'm worried a bit
Unlikely, AC5 was multiplayer focus and that killed the franchise for a decade, and while the soul game have multiplayer the post launch content is almost always focused on SP.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Unlikely, AC5 was multiplayer focus and that killed the franchise for a decade, and while the soul game have multiplayer the post launch content is almost always focused on SP.
Oh thank god, that's encouraging to hear. I don't feel the dread anymore

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Oh thank god, that's encouraging to hear. I don't feel the dread anymore
From has so far never let MP interfere with single player content. There’s always been the option to play completely offline even, so I’d be surprised if that changes here. I think they’re just promoting some aspects of MP because they know a lot of people are going to want to pit their mechs against each other in PvP.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States

I'm watching (well mostly listening) to it now. So far the most shocking thing is seeing what Vaatividya looks like. The legend has a face!

But, yeah, I'm not gonna play MP because if nothing else my subscription to PS+ ends in a week with no plans to renew and the game comes out tomorrow (though I'm gonna try to finish what I'm playing now and give the game a few days or a week to get its initial hotfixes and patches out).