Assault Rifle you would use to defend a woman you like

The Evil Foxy

Jul 28, 2010
Sacman said:

This will do just fine...<.<
Is it just me or is there a pretty big flaw with this gun. How's one supposed to fire this thing when it doesn't have a trigger to speak of?

But anyway, the Lancer. The ultimate, bullet-dispensing, bad-guy cutting, lady defence apparatus.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Real; XM8, for reasons Rainboq has already covered.

Fictional; Any one of these, they might be carbines but they fire caseless radioactive projectiles, shot out at supersonic speeds. Now tell me that isn't awesome.

jdun

Aug 5, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
jdun said:
RAKtheUndead said:
A lot of rifles have outperformed the M16 and M4 rifles, including the service weapons of many countries.

If I had to have a H&K weapon based on the AR-18 mechanism, I'd go for either the HK416 or the G36.
That's not true. The vast majority of Western Special Operation use the AR15 as their primary weapon. If there were a rifle that perform better in all environment and overall than you expect these Special Operators and Private contractors would use a better platform than the AR15 family.

The G36 is a failed rifle. Not many countries used it and even HK does not promote it anymore. The HK416 has its own set of problems.
To be honest, I'd probably pick an M16 myself, just out of sheer availability, flexibility and ubiquity. The rail system on the AR-15 family alone seems to make it worth it. I'm also aware that the AR-18 was designed as a cheap, stamped-steel alternative to the AR-15, and didn't manage to have much success itself.
There nothing wrong with the Stoner Piston(AR-18).

The majority of modern military small arms rifle/carbine consisted of three type of action. These three action are also constantly updated.
1. Stoner DI (AR15 family line).
2. Stoner Piston (AR-18, G36, SCAR, ACR, XM8, SA80, etc)
3. Kalashnikov (AK family, Sig 5xx family line, FNC, XCR, etc).

There are many things that prevented the G36 from being adopted by militaries and law enforcement around the world. The fault lies with HK. Like all their firearms with the exception of the HK41X their equipment are proprietary. HK parts are expensive and you can only get it one place.

A standard G36 cannot use STANG magazine. It used HK proprietary magazine which basically destroyed any chance of it getting adopted by the majority of NATO countries. New version of the G36 that is coming out will now be able to use STANG magazine, a little bit too late if you asked me. The pivot pins are not captive. That mean it can be lost/misplace when field striping. Optic placement is not ideal. The list goes on.

The problem with HK416 is that the AR15 body isn't design to take a physical op-rod.

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
the FAL, because if it's good enough for the Mexican military, it's good enough for me.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
2012 Wont Happen said:
However, if it can be any firearm:

Mosin revolver. Only that can be silenced, and sexy as hell.
Erm...doesn't the majority of the noise from a revolver some from the exposed revolving chambers, rather than gas being expelled from the end of the barrel? I under the impression that, due to the design of a revolver, it couldn't be silenced.

jdun

Aug 5, 2008
Geekosaurus said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
However, if it can be any firearm:

Mosin revolver. Only that can be silenced, and sexy as hell.
Erm...doesn't the majority of the noise from a revolver some from the exposed revolving chambers, rather than gas being expelled from the end of the barrel? I under the impression that, due to the design of a revolver, it couldn't be silenced.
The mosin revolver doesn't use the standard design. The cylinder gap is seal when fire. That allow the mosin to be silenced.

FAL is a battle rifle not "assault" because it use battle rifle cartridge.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
jdun said:
The mosin revolver doesn't use the standard design. The cylinder gap is seal when fire. That allow the mosin to be silenced.

It doesn't look very sealed, but I'll take your word for it.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Defending the woman I love?
She makes me feel invincible so I'll use my bare fucking hands and still whoop ass!

jdun

Aug 5, 2008
Geekosaurus said:
jdun said:

It doesn't look very sealed, but I'll take your word for it.
The cylinder gap seal when you pull the trigger. Here is a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0

You can get one for less $100 at Aim Surplus.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3Nagant&name=Russian+M1895+7.62x38R+Nagant+Revolver&groupid=3

Nocola

Aug 10, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
dahmerszombies said:

C7A2 all the way

Also
emeraldrafael said:
But Since I'm assuming that wont fly So I would go with the m16. I enjoy a classic gun.
http://student.elon.edu/lrosen2/M16.jpg
Thats an M4 not an M16
Well, I'll change it then. i didnt google it, I just asked my friend to send me a link to one.
That's a C8 actually it's a carbine version of the C7, both are Canadian.

Sgt AssHead

Jun 28, 2010
Vern said:
First I'll say this, there's no such thing as an assault rifle. Any firearm can be used to assault people, assault rifle was a media coined termed to make them sound serious and scary. The only rifle that can be even considered an assault rifle is the sturmgewehr 44, because it's name means "storm/attack rifle". The rest are semi-automatic, or automatic rifles or carbines. And to answer the question, I'd take an FN-FAL semi-automatic rifle. It's accurate, powerful, and semi-auto is far better in any circumstance aside from providing covering fire. The added bonus is that it almost never jams, unlike M-16 and M-4's, and the AK-47 can't provide nearly accurate enough shots to protect anyone.
Im relativly certain that the FAL was a selective fire rifle... but im not entirely certain. Also, im 100% certain that the M-16 and M-4 have semi auto aswell... then again, im not a big gun nut, so what do I know?

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Anyone else think the SCAR looks like a Tonka toy?

I'd go with a P90 (yeah yeah, I know its an SMG)

jdun

Aug 5, 2008
Sgt AssHead said:
Vern said:
First I'll say this, there's no such thing as an assault rifle. Any firearm can be used to assault people, assault rifle was a media coined termed to make them sound serious and scary. The only rifle that can be even considered an assault rifle is the sturmgewehr 44, because it's name means "storm/attack rifle". The rest are semi-automatic, or automatic rifles or carbines. And to answer the question, I'd take an FN-FAL semi-automatic rifle. It's accurate, powerful, and semi-auto is far better in any circumstance aside from providing covering fire. The added bonus is that it almost never jams, unlike M-16 and M-4's, and the AK-47 can't provide nearly accurate enough shots to protect anyone.
Im relativly certain that the FAL was a selective fire rifle... but im not entirely certain. Also, im 100% certain that the M-16 and M-4 have semi auto aswell... then again, im not a big gun nut, so what do I know?
Military and Law Enforcement FAL are semi and full auto. Military and Law Enforcement AR15 are semi and burst or full auto.

FAL have a lot of problems in sand and dust environments. That's why the Israeli don't use them anymore.

The AR15 family line (M4, M16, etc) is only a handful of military rifle/carbine that proven itself in all environments. AR15 is one of two most used most trusted rifle/carbine. US troops gave the AR15 a 90% trust rating. The highest ever for US military small arms history.