Assault Rifle you would use to defend a woman you like

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I'd probably go in with one of these:

If I'm going to shoot this guy, I atleast want to look classy when I'm doing it.

Or failing that, I can just go in with this beauty:

BANG! And your problem, the ceiling, the floor, the air and (most likely) your face, Is gone!

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
To defend a lady? Well! One must think of one's reputation! A common weapon like an AR-15 variant would make one look like an oik!

Personally, the "TKB-022", the firepower of the AKM (presumably I wouldn't be defending the lady's honour at ranges in excess of 100m), in a frame that's both compact and... well, just look at the thing! It makes those solid gold guns look tacky!

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
Well, I'd take my AK-47. Being that it's sitting in my closet. Pic has mt FNP-9 sitting next to it.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
merc hunter said:
Too easy, L1A1 SLR aka FN FAL
From TvTropes and Wikipedia
the SASR went one step further, cutting down the barrels and coverting it to fire full auto by inserting a matchstick into the firing mechanism, nicknaming them "The *****"
If it was good enough the Diggers in Vietnam, its good enough for me:

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Rainboq said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Rainboq said:
MrJKapowey said:
Rainboq said:
This weapon is pretty fucking ubiquitous.
aand it melts...
-snip-
They altered the Polymers, doesn't happen any more.
Still not very good for the price. This is inevitable when you choose a proprietary rail system instead of the standard and proven Picatinny rail system. The XM8 is the most overrated rifle ever designed.
It does exactly what it was designed to do, out preform the M16 and M4 rifles, and as for trying out the new rail system, that's how you improve and move forwards.
A lot of rifles have outperformed the M16 and M4 rifles, including the service weapons of many countries. Few of them have possessed as many problems as the XM8 project - the XM8 was overweight and ergonomically questionable, as well as expensive for a rifle based on the action of the ArmaLite AR-18, a rifle specifically designed to be cheap. The rail system on the XM8 is not only inferior to the STANAG-compliant rails now found on a lot of service weapons, but loses a lot of the flexibil ity of the AR-15 platform in the process. The accuracy of the XM8 doesn't seem to have been appreciably better than an M16.

The only reason that so many computer gamers seem to think it's so fantastic is because it looks like it belongs in a computer game. I wouldn't trust one to blow my own brains out, let alone to save my life on the battlefield. If I had to have a H&K weapon based on the AR-18 mechanism, I'd go for either the HK416 or the G36.
Having fired the weapons listed before, I have to say I'd prefer to have an XM-8 in my arms rather than the M4, M16, AR-18, HK 416. It does however, tie with the G36 in my books.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
The SCAR, but not the IRL one, the one from Crysis. It's accurate and powerful, and it'll take almost any attatchment you can find. If I can choose other types of guns, I'd take the Barrett M1017 for sheer shock and awe.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Sgt. Sykes said:
Duh, FN P90
And Richard Dean Anderson used it in Stargate! What more could you want!?

OT: Nothing beats a good old reliable M4A1 to cut down your enemies in a hail of accurate bursts.

EDIT: Scratch all of that. A Lombax sized wrench!

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
unfortunatly it was also the shittiest weather I've ever seen. Hail/Freezing Rain/Rain/Snow 20km/h steady wind from Right to left. Even then no stoppages, and my first time using that particular weapon. So I'm pretty happy reguardless.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
a galil. not only is it a nice looking assault rifle, but it has a bottle opener for miller time

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
maturin said:
Assault Rifle you would use to defend a woman you like
Why has no one remarked on the sheer, blinding... I don't know... idiocy? hilarity? of this little phrase?

individual11 said:
http://blackcampbell.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/as_val1.jpg

Phut Phut Phut:

Dead Dead Dead.

And she won't complain about the noise.

AS Val in case you were wondering.
But I can't help it. I love this post. Phut Phut Phut.

If anyone can find the youtube video of some people in the Caucasus shooting giant icicles off the roof of town hall with this gun, I will be eternally grateful.
Ask and ye shall receive! :D (looks like I was beaten to it though)

This video is a favorite of mine as well!

As for my choice, I have an old friend here who would defend me quite nicely!

However, I am also a fan of the Vz. 58!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I wouldn't use an assaultrifle for defense.

If I would have to choose, I guess I'd go with whatever can hold the most bullets.