AWESOME ENDINGS

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I liked the bad endings on stalker: SOC
If you didn't find out all the information about strelok, then you didn't find the secret lab and ended up going to the wish granter- but the wish granter twists any wish you make to destroy you. If you had lots of money, then you got a rain of coins, which turned out to be the roof crushing you. If you had a good reputation you wish for the zone to dissapear, which blinds you, and a bad reputation makes you want to destroy humanity and you get trapped in a black void

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Video Game

The ending of Max Payne(the video game) just with the amount of mind f**king that goes on, when the last bullet is fired rings so beautifully. For an example of one of the mind f**ks is the cry of your baby leads you along a maze of the baby's blood. Sure the game is a simple revenge tale, but do so good a job of sucking you in bit by bit so the revenge tale is your tale. Does a feat of immersion that I wish came from other games.

The real ending to No More Heroes not only leads to the BEST F**KING BOSS battle in years. When you are getting your ass kicked, it is fun. When you are kicking ass it is fun. It is a joy along with the final cut scene when it is viewed. It is a battle that is equal to fighting Donkey Kong in the first Donkey Kong game.

On the anime front Hajime No Ippo. It is the manliest anime, that will suck you in to punch you in the gut. Good don't need to say anything more on that.

Midori no Hibi/Midori Days a cute anime that leaves you with a smile. Simple, and does a good job of bringing out a tear in my eye.

There Will Be Blood gives a good final punch with a strike along with King of the Ants. Though warning King of the Ants is tough to watch. A good movie, but just has a scene that gives the feel of tourcher.

Aw-kward

Sep 20, 2009
The film Cruel Intentions had an absolutely divine ending, largely thanks to The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony and its synchronization with the events. Never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

The Sands of Time, too. I'm clearly a sucker for the bittersweet.

I dislike mentioning Kingdom Hearts because I'm a complete fanboy and love everything about the series, so it comes off as pointless swooning. But there you have it.

atol

Jan 16, 2009
Both Max Payne games have excellent satisfying endings.
Aw-kward said:
The film Cruel Intentions had an absolutely divine ending, largely thanks to The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony and its synchronization with the events. Never fails to bring tears to my eyes.
That reminds me of Fight Club. Pixies really tied up the ending to that for me.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
AtomicPineapple said:
I always wanted Light to win in the end :p I was so dissapointed when he died, and then was like wtf when the last page is the Misa cult thing. Great clip btw, I might have to watch the whole anime soon.
that wasn't misa actually. that was just a random kira worshipper. it's actually mentioned in how to read 13 that it wasn't her.

Thaius said:
Well, about that...

What Light was doing wasn't necessarily wrong, the issue was his mentality and what it led him to. The idea of killing those who deserve to be killed makes sense, but there is one problem: Light was playing God. He even said himself that he wuold reign over his world as a god. Problem is, people who try to be God think that they can do so simply because they have the power. But regardless of power, no human has the right to be the absolute judge of peoples' sins. God would not only be all-powerful, but all-knowing and authoritative as well: his word would be absolute law, so he would have the right to punish what he saw fit, as he saw fit. Light, on the other hand, has the power, but not the knowledge, not the authority. He eventually got power-hungry: by the end of the show, his goal was no longer to save the world, but to rule it, and he had lost everything he once was along the way.

It may seem ridiculous, but to protect this against the religious flaming that seems so popular on this site, know that I was not making any statements about religion, simply stating the problems with a human trying to play the part of a god; so please stay on topic and avoid posting about religion.
i'll admit that light's motives were messed up, but this seemed to me to be quite a sudden change. when he sacrificed his memories temporarily, he seemed more focused on saving the world, and when he got them back he seemed almost entirely different from his pre-memory loss state. he seems less competent somehow then he previously appeared, and his god complex increases in size massively.

this seems entirely ridiculous to me. the change is unnecessary, and only serves to get the authors view across that light is actually supposed to be evil. i didn't see him as evil in the slightest until then.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Siren Blood Curse has a pretty kick ass ending. Didnt expect that from a survival horror game!

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Biek said:
Siren Blood Curse has a pretty kick ass ending. Didnt expect that from a survival horror game!

I've expected this after battling Kaiko. This boss-fight was just like disco.

But for me The Darkness is the winner. Ending made me cry.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
The rest of the movie might have sucked, but I actually liked the last fight scene between Spiderman and Harry, and Venom and Sandman in Spiderman 3.

Also Gladiator.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Azraellod said:
AtomicPineapple said:
I always wanted Light to win in the end :p I was so dissapointed when he died, and then was like wtf when the last page is the Misa cult thing. Great clip btw, I might have to watch the whole anime soon.
that wasn't misa actually. that was just a random kira worshipper. it's actually mentioned in how to read 13 that it wasn't her.

Thaius said:
Well, about that...

What Light was doing wasn't necessarily wrong, the issue was his mentality and what it led him to. The idea of killing those who deserve to be killed makes sense, but there is one problem: Light was playing God. He even said himself that he wuold reign over his world as a god. Problem is, people who try to be God think that they can do so simply because they have the power. But regardless of power, no human has the right to be the absolute judge of peoples' sins. God would not only be all-powerful, but all-knowing and authoritative as well: his word would be absolute law, so he would have the right to punish what he saw fit, as he saw fit. Light, on the other hand, has the power, but not the knowledge, not the authority. He eventually got power-hungry: by the end of the show, his goal was no longer to save the world, but to rule it, and he had lost everything he once was along the way.

It may seem ridiculous, but to protect this against the religious flaming that seems so popular on this site, know that I was not making any statements about religion, simply stating the problems with a human trying to play the part of a god; so please stay on topic and avoid posting about religion.
i'll admit that light's motives were messed up, but this seemed to me to be quite a sudden change. when he sacrificed his memories temporarily, he seemed more focused on saving the world, and when he got them back he seemed almost entirely different from his pre-memory loss state. he seems less competent somehow then he previously appeared, and his god complex increases in size massively.

this seems entirely ridiculous to me. the change is unnecessary, and only serves to get the authors view across that light is actually supposed to be evil. i didn't see him as evil in the slightest until then.
I don't know, I thought the transition ran smoothly enough. I mean, his decline started even in episode 1, when he went from "hey, I could do good with this thing," to "I could rule the world as a God!" I struggled a lot within the show because I liked Light; I mean they developed him as the main character. But now and then he would do something absolutely douchebaggish, like sending the wife of the cop he killed to go commit suicide, and I would get a bit closer to accepting that he had to die.

As for what happened after the whole memory trick, we always knew he had murderous intentions for innocent characters that we liked (for instance, L). I would think that after purposefully losing his memory and getting it back in time exactly according to plan, he might get a bit of a big head. It's fully possible that this may lead him to make much bigger (and consequently more evil) moves, maybe even getting a bit less careful with it all.

Beyond that, after that whole thing the stakes got higher. Light killed L (which was pretty much the last straw for me: you kill L, you die), and even let his own father die according to plan: and he was happy. He didn't care who he killed, all he could see was his goal. He had become completely numb in the process of achieving his goal.

I do agree that he seemed a bit careless, which is a bit strange. But I attributed it to his descent into insanity and evil throughout the course of the show, a transition I could see pretty well.

Side note: I'm not trying to disprove you or anything, I just enjoy literary discussions like this. :)

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
Thaius said:
I don't know, I thought the transition ran smoothly enough. I mean, his decline started even in episode 1, when he went from "hey, I could do good with this thing," to "I could rule the world as a God!" I struggled a lot within the show because I liked Light; I mean they developed him as the main character. But now and then he would do something absolutely douchebaggish, like sending the wife of the cop he killed to go commit suicide, and I would get a bit closer to accepting that he had to die.

As for what happened after the whole memory trick, we always knew he had murderous intentions for innocent characters that we liked (for instance, L). I would think that after purposefully losing his memory and getting it back in time exactly according to plan, he might get a bit of a big head. It's fully possible that this may lead him to make much bigger (and consequently more evil) moves, maybe even getting a bit less careful with it all.

Beyond that, after that whole thing the stakes got higher. Light killed L (which was pretty much the last straw for me: you kill L, you die), and even let his own father die according to plan: and he was happy. He didn't care who he killed, all he could see was his goal. He had become completely numb in the process of achieving his goal.

I do agree that he seemed a bit careless, which is a bit strange. But I attributed it to his descent into insanity and evil throughout the course of the show, a transition I could see pretty well.

Side note: I'm not trying to disprove you or anything, I just enjoy literary discussions like this. :)
actually, he did care. light was genuinely upset about the death of his father. he had originally intended matsuda to become the one who would make the trade and use the notebook, and having his father take his place was a major mistake on lights part.

i don't really consider that misoras death was something that could be avoided anyway. in that situation, it was light or misora, and he had no choice. the same really applies to L. L was to dangerous to him for light to let him live.

once light regained his memories, i started to regard him as a different person altogether. i believe that he was no longer light yagami at that point.

and while light may indeed have been evil, it is noteworthy that if L, mello, and near didn't threaten him so much, he would probably have retained his sanity far better. notice episode 9, where L reveals himself, light becomes just that little more evil with L looming in as a threat to him.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Azraellod said:
Thaius said:

actually, he did care. light was genuinely upset about the death of his father. he had originally intended matsuda to become the one who would make the trade and use the notebook, and having his father take his place was a major mistake on lights part.

i don't really consider that misoras death was something that could be avoided anyway. in that situation, it was light or misora, and he had no choice. the same really applies to L. L was to dangerous to him for light to let him live.

once light regained his memories, i started to regard him as a different person altogether. i believe that he was no longer light yagami at that point.

and while light may indeed have been evil, it is noteworthy that if L, mello, and near didn't threaten him so much, he would probably have retained his sanity far better. notice episode 9, where L reveals himself, light becomes just that little more evil with L looming in as a threat to him.
Maybe I have to watch it again: I remember Light putting on a facade after his father died, but as soon as he was alone he expressed nothing but victory. I apparently don't remember those events all that well...

I will agree that part of it all was the threats. His actions only got really bad when he had to kill innocents to keep his cover. That did happen a lot though...

Anyway, I would also agree that he pretty much was not himself once he regained his memories. Somewhere around that point was where I started thinking he had completely lost himself to his cause, though obviously I'll need to watch it again if I'm forgetting his emotions surrounding the following events.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
Thaius said:
Maybe I have to watch it again: I remember Light putting on a facade after his father died, but as soon as he was alone he expressed nothing but victory. I apparently don't remember those events all that well...

I will agree that part of it all was the threats. His actions only got really bad when he had to kill innocents to keep his cover. That did happen a lot though...

Anyway, I would also agree that he pretty much was not himself once he regained his memories. Somewhere around that point was where I started thinking he had completely lost himself to his cause, though obviously I'll need to watch it again if I'm forgetting his emotions surrounding the following events.
it's not mentioned in the anime that light regrets it. they had to cut various parts out. i bought how to read 13 though, which contains author comments on the situations. otherwise you're right, light doesn't show much regret that his father dies, i just know this because i went partly into the manga as well.

i notice that he tried to avoid killing innocents, and depending on how you define innocent there, he did quite a good job. he considered anyone trying to catch him not innocent by default, which seems fairly reasonable if he wants to stay safe. misora was just unlucky, aiber and wendy i think were also a threat, and probably reminded light of L, and the yotsuba corporation... well, i was actually against that killing. i think it was stuck in at the last second though, as the image of them being wiped out looked silly to me.

takada was probably the point where i thought that he finally crossed the line. takada was a willing servant in his new world, and he killed her quite without feeling. i can understand his reasoning, but there could have been nicer ways to kill her then to burn her to death: after all, presumably she was still fully conscious.

Kelbear

Aug 31, 2007
Final Fantasy 3 (US) felt like an epic ending. Nicely wrapped up everything in a very satisfying manner. Felt like an appropriate reward after forging through the story.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Okami had a wonderful final boss and ending. I was really not expecting what happened to, you know, happen. I admit it. I teared up. God damn, it was awesome. And the music. I won't post it again because I mention Okami so much I assume some people must be getting sick of it.

Someperson307

Dec 19, 2008
Well.....

inFamous

[spoiler/]The main bad guy is Cole but from the future!!!! Simply insane and awesome.[/spoiler]

I definitely agree on The Mist, awesome ending. Saw endings are always awesome, especially with that sexy theme music.