Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

Neongoon

Sep 1, 2010
Gxas said:
Pokémon B/W has the entire bottom screen being c-gear. I would rather another version of the pokétch or something like SS/HG had which allows menu access without pressing a button.
I miss the magikarp coin....

Pilotwings (SNES): Hate the rocketbelt......hate it within a special place deep in the pit of my soul......

Neongoon

Sep 1, 2010
Gxas said:
Pokémon B/W has the entire bottom screen being c-gear. I would rather another version of the pokétch or something like SS/HG had which allows menu access without pressing a button.
I miss the magikarp coin....

Pilotwings (SNES): Hate the rocketbelt......hate it within a special place deep in the pit of my soul......

sonyfanboy557

May 12, 2011
What i hated about bioshock 2 was the Life & the Eve level it was so impossible to finish collecting adam .With that life bar so low it was so tedious going back and forth again and again when i died.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
WhiteTiger225 said:
For me. Saints Row 2: God this game was so much fun, and has a special place in my heart, but god if they needed bigger battles, and more random missions to help keep the game flowing. Gang Customization also needed to be that instead of choosing predefineds.
Yeah, that bugged me too, and I hope they'll fix it for SR3.

Fallout 3: The total lack of anything worth while to do with your caps after abit. Once you get a high enough repair skill, making caps is so easy. I want to be able to use my wealth to help/hinder the wasteland (ie:in Big Town, spend caps to improve the defences, entice settlers, or go to Paradise Falls and have them wipe it out...for a fee.)

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Mirror's Edge: Too short
Killzone 2: The story wasn't near interesting as in Killzone 1.
Mortal Kombat(2011): Cyber Sub-Zero cheats.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West--had a terrible camera that loved his back muscles. And you couldn't jump just anywhere, which was weird in a platformer. Still great game, though.

Metroid: Other M--Awful, awful, awful voice acting. Still fun to play, though.

Ocarina of Time: The entire Jabu-Jabu part. It annoyed me more than anything.

meryatathagres

Mar 1, 2011
Morrowind: You're too moddable so I have to return to you again and again, and now the Skyrim gfx mod... *sighs and loads*

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Well I've been playing Mortal Kombat solidly the last week and I absolutely love it...

But...

FUCKING SHAO KAHN. I mean, wow, how cheap do they want to make this guy? I understood it in the 90's Arcade days but there is no excuse for him to be that ridiculously unfair and annoying. You would think after fighting him a dozen times I would get used to it now.

Also, The Krypt was really underwhelming and a disappointment. Half of the shit is unlock able from playing the game normally and there's no really standout things. Not to mention how easy it is to 100%, the coins are absolutely useless now and just pile up.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Crysis 2: Best singleplayer abilities are the cheap ones at the start, and the singleplayer game is too rail-shooter in feeling.

ghstman

Nov 20, 2009
LiberalSquirrel said:
ghstman said:
Infinite Undiscovery

So much fun to play! A few of the characters had really well written interactions with each other, the game was funny as hell and the combat was pretty good. Problems out the wazoo though:

-snip-
Wow... I totally forgot about Infinite Undiscovery. It's pretty high-up on my "favorite RPGs" list, despite its failings... and you pretty much summarized all my little grudges with it. I would add on "amazingly horrendous voice actors for some of the characters," as well. Savio's voice actor makes me giggle every time I hear him speak.
I couldn't help but laugh every time Edward did that startled grunt of his. Take a knee? Startled grunt. Get asked the time of day? Startled grunt. Stabbed in the face? Startled grunt. And every damn time it sounds like exactly the sound he would make if Aya walked in on him... ahem... "polishing his sword".

Speaking of Aya, I loved the banter and relationship between her and Cappell. So funny but yet so deep. And nothing was funnier then all the heavy hinting the game does about what the two did alone in the woods the night before the final battle. I busted out laughing when it showed the next morning and she had her head down, doing the walk of shame back through camp while Cappell was looking all smug.

Final complaint, then I put this game to bed... So many damn mechanics to learn, and they kept adding more all the way up to the end. Especially tedious was the cooking/forging/making your own stuff part. Was it useful once you figured it all out, practiced with it, and hunted down all the needed parts? Absolutely. Could you just buy the same sword at the next town and save a few hours of grinding and questing for junk parts? Yes. (Except for a few super weapons, which you totally did not need).

glyphseeker

Sep 19, 2010
i hate that in Bioshock2 to use a certain british man's words we all know and love/hate
"you're just the guy from the first guy with a fish bowl on his head."

i seriously hated that
first i was like: eff yeah im a big daddy that can use plasmids
then i was like: OMG i can't take a hit grawr

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Thanatus1992 said:
Folksoul said:
Persona 4: IT WAS THE F*CKING GAS STATION ATTENDANT?! WHY?!... AND WHATS UP WITH ALL THE YELLOW!
I am in the middle of playing that at this very moment, for the first time, I think I hate you.
Eh, there's a lot more to it than that.

I can't say anything without spoilers, but what that user means is probably not what you think he means.

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
portal 2.
from when you wake glados until you escape from her, it feels like she is trying too hard to insult you, its kinda sad really. that area felt longer then it really was just because of her.

other then that small area the game was pure gold.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404) had no free building mode and the most productive cities were also the most hideous.

Edit: Also, the land-based combat really sucked.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I've been playing this one all night - the premise is great, and it can be potentially rewarding, but the final boss literally bends you over and fucks all your hopes and dreams.

It's called Architecture, the Destroyer of Lives, the Hater of Sleep, the Demise of Man, the Bringer of Madness, seated at the right hand of Cthulu. I think it's getting to me...

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
Mass Effect 2- being forced in one direction by a morality system with story critical events. Role playing options would have been more open were it were possible to squeeze through every eventuality without playing endless hours as either Gods Emissary or Mr At-All-Costs. My Shepard probably may well have ended up far more balanced.