Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics: The knights wore robes instead of armor half the time. No one was well equipped as you making it too easy.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Easy.

I hate those laser walls in Portal 2. So glad there isn't much of 'em.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Company of Heroes:

I wish the pacing was a bit slower and I wish the maps were less wide and allowed for some more tactical gameplay on the entire map and not just in some chokepoints.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
Every 3D Zelda game had ridiculously easy combat because of endless shield block and slow AI even on a 3 heart challenge.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Legend of Mana, you're my favorite game ever but you have repetitive fairly boring combat.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Sapient Pearwood said:
Mass Effect 2 - Too many references to Mass Effect 1 which would be nice if they'd bothered releasing that game on PS3.
It has nothing to do with effort. The game was pbulished by Microsoft Game stuido's, meaning it could only be on the 360 and PC.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
FFXII. Unlesss you've just spent the last 50 hours playing turn-based combat (which I had *high five for FFX*) then the combat just seems really ... crap. I'd much rather have recovery times than 'try to explode the enemies head with your brain before realising you can't and then hit them with the sword ... rinse and repeat'. Honestly, I can imagine how attacking a zombie with a sword might require some back-dodging and recovery times to get your balance back (I hear zombies are squishy), but just standing there like a lump while it eats your face in going 'Doo-dee-doo' is just weird.

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
Mass Effect 2: WHY? WHY THE HELL DID YOU GIVE US THAT STUPID RESOURCE MINING MINIGAME? It's so BORING.

Mortal Kombat 9: Stupid combo setups for some of my favorite characters that are annoyingly hard to learn.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
FFX.... *Ahem* GO TO HELL CHOCOBO RACES!!! Those were the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, invisible walls placed randomly that STEER YOU INTO OBSTACLES?! Plus it didn't help that you had to do perfect on it to get one of the items needed for Tidus's Ultimate weapon, oh, while we are on that subject, all the crap needed to power up your ultimate weapons was way too insane.

Captcha: Elegant Farm hey that one kinda made sense!

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Insomniac's latest games have seriously been cutting down on music. I remember that the first Ratchet and Clank game had at least one track per world, but the newer games repeat a lot of tracks... Resistance 2 cut out almost all background music altogether, the only music being the stuff playing on the radios...

Deskimus Prime

Jan 26, 2011
Silent Hill 2 - Voice acting and writing was...uneven. Very high points (Angela on the staircase), very low points (Angela in the graveyard) "...LOST?"

Baldur's Gate 2 - Um. I...I can't do it. I really can't think of anything. I'd pick at Throne of Bhaal for being an incomplete sequel, but the Ascension mod fixes that up a fair bit and makes the final fight absolutely amazingly epic in every sense of the word.

Mass Effect 2 - Didn't get enough time to talk to Legion without letting my crew turn into Jello. Also, I missed the random planet exploring, although the Hammerhead DLC fixes that a little. And give me back my skill trees, dammit.

Team Fortress 2 - This is really stretching it, but with all the new content and weapons, anyone just picking the game up now would probably be completely lost in a sea of too many choices. Then again, why the hell are you just picking it up now?

Half-Life 2 - Route Canal drags a little bit. Not enough Barney time, and...uhh...they never told me what happened to that cat?

Psychonauts - Boss battles could've used some more strategery? You had all those different cool abilities, and hardly ever needed to use them. Final boss was just kinda "run away, get big, punch boss, get small, run away," rinse & repeat until done.

Planescape: Torment - Difficult to find out where to go except through talking to absolutely everyone. UI is a bit clunky.

Tachyon: The Fringe - Needs a joystick in order to fully appreciate. I don't have one anymore, and I have a laptop. ;_;

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
icame said:
It has nothing to do with effort. The game was pbulished by Microsoft Game stuido's, meaning it could only be on the 360 and PC.
I know the reason but it's entirely to do with effort as to why Ashley wasn't given any introduction in ME2. Archangel wasn't given much of an introduction either, apparently the game just expected me to recognise him. They had plenty of time between releases, they could have changed the cutscenes a little so they actually make sense.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Fallout NV: Lack of automatic weapons, but I've kinda gotten over that after I played on for a while.

Gears of War(1,2,3): The camera suddenly has a seizure and parkinsons at the same time when you start running, though that's supposed to be there.

Halo Reach: Clusterfuck of deaths.

Oblivion: Knights of Nine was the worst freaking expansion ever.

Grand Theft Auto 4: Friendships (No duh)

roastbeefy

Apr 20, 2009
Persona 3's final boss battle lasts an hour. That actually kept me from beating the game for a couple months because the fear of losing another hour of my life to a game over kept me from attempting it very often. Also, although I've only just started the Answer, it makes one of my least favorite characters in the game the protagonist. Although admittedly, calling someone my least favorite character in a Persona game isn't exactly saying much.

Shadow of the Colossus could be really, really frustrating sometimes.

The Dragon Age games don't give you a second chance to customize your character if you notice some serious fuck-up early in the game. Meaning that when I realize that my characters eyebrows are the opposite color of his hair after starting the game, I either have to restart and go through the beginning again or deal with that for the rest of the game. (This is disregarding the Black Emporium in DA2)

Chrono Trigger also had some marathon boss battles, though they didn't seem quite as ridiculous as the one in P3.

The between levels grind in No More Heroes started to get pretty bad later in the game, particularly if you wanted to buy anything, and DEFINITELY if that included new beam katanas.

No More Heroes 2 lets you play as Henry, but only for one boss fight. In the last game he keeps you from fighting an awesome-looking boss, but in the second game he keeps you from the awesome prospect of PLAYING AS HIM.

Once I got Kisuke's third alternate ending in Muramasa, I started to believe that the seemingly obvious sequel teases in the second alternate endings were there to fuck with me, despite both looking awesome.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Dead Rising 2. I felt that the cinemas were pretty bad at points, especially ones with explosions.
Dynasty Warriors 7. No Free Battle Mode and Stories could have had more characters playable.
Mortal Kombat. FUCK YOU SHAO KAHN!!!
Super Mario Galaxy 2. 1 had a few better galaxies.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Any mission involving not taking any damage.
Portal 2. Portal Gel missions.
Lost Planet 2. The flinching
Super Smash Bros Brawl. The tripping.

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
I thought of another one:

Thing i like: Bioware
Problem: EA

This has been heard many times before, but it bears repeating.