Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Matthew Wilson said:
Spyro The Dragon
I... I got nothing.
I'll take the challenge, I find it quite cathartic when I rip/others rip into games I love.

Euh spyro....Aha got 1!

You gotta collect every piece of treasure in the game for the best ending? WTH?!?
And if you forgot a red diamond in a little corner of the level have fun spending 10 mins tracking it down! Spyro is teh sux!

That's the best I can do ><

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
AMAZED said:
MetalDooley said:
Fallout:New Vegas - Goddamn loading screens.There were a couple of sidequests around NV where I spent longer looking at loading screens than actually doing the damn quest

Mass Effect 2 - Getting disconnected from XBL kicked me back to the main menu on several occasions despite it being a single-player offline only game
weird I only have to start the game logged in after that its fine I can load and save with out trouble even if I get disconnected.
Yeah I know.Bought ME2 around Oct last year.At the time I was having some problems with my broadband.It would unexpectedly cut out for a minute or two.Every time this happened I would get signed out of Live and every single time the game would dump me back to the main menu.Had to stop playing it until my BB was sorted out

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
I HATED God of War 2 for putting so many puzzles and platforming sections in. I hated Borderlands for it's underwhelming experience. I hated Call of Duty's knife mechanic.

Cool Welshy

Mar 15, 2011
Portal 2: Wheatley turning out to be a villain.

Some British villains shouldn't become British villains.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Wenseph said:
Saints row 2. It is better than GTA in almost everything, but you can't get a girlfriend or have sex. What's up with that? I wanted my female character to hook up with other female main character, which name I can't remember right now.

Mass effect 2. Pretty much the same problem. Why can't my femshep sleep with Jack!?
Yeah I wanted my badass, totally white but speaks spanish for some reason gangsta to hook up with her too. I actually expected it....and now you made me remember Carlos. :(

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Anachronism said:
mireko said:
Baldur's Gate has a really slow combat system if you're a mage, and you have to rest every five minutes just so you can do some decent dps. Might have worked if they rebalanced the AD&D rules for the game, but I guess BioWare was too lazy.
Or maybe - and I know this will sound crazy - they wanted as faithful a representation of AD&D rules as they could manage in a videogame. No?
I know, I love the game and the gameplay isn't bad. It's just that when you start a mage in BG1, you're going to be spending a lot of time bored and annoyed from having to sleep to recover your one magic missile after every fight. That's frustrating design, and any workaround would have been preferable. I know this is heresy, but at that point in the game I would've actually preferred a mana system.

Thankfully BG2 fixed that by having you import your character or start a higher-level one.

hypovolemia said:
]If you mean the work of her voice actress, then I agree with you. As a character I found her not that bad and actually more likable than others. Speaking of bad voice acting: Ken (again, not the character himself).
Yup. The character herself is good, and her s. link is pretty sweet. I never used Ken, but Fuuka narrates all the battles, so you really can't avoid hearing the voice actress. What makes it worse is that she replaces Mitsuru, who did a lot better.

Rise replaces Teddie. My ears wept with joy, because her voice is beautiful.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Oblivion.

Nowhere near the depth or diversity in it's quests as Morrowind had. Some games shouldn't go for 100% voice acting.

bomber567

Nov 23, 2009
GTA IV: I wish that there were more rooms/buildings you could enter when you were not on a mission specifically set in that building. Also, the pigeon challenge sucked.

Resident Evil 4: It must be said: I hate Ashley. Easily the worst part of an otherwise brilliant game. There were times in the game where I wished that she'd stay kidnappe...or die horribly at some point.

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
CrazyJuan77 said:
ronald1840 said:
Bioshock.

Wish everyone I heard through audio diaries weren't already dead corpses (Diane, Marsha, and Anna Cullpepper) to name some. Here's hoping Infinite does better.
You do realize that Jack is making his way through Rapture AFTER a civil war, Right?
and on top of that the Diaries where a design choice that set up and told the back story of Raptures fall, after all, you were new to this place, you arrived there by accident you didn't you were conditioned to go to rapture after a activation phrase and are controlled by Atlas/Fontaine, throughout. and rapture went totally insane, with all the Splicers, Fontaine vs Ryan.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
SMT Nocturne. instant loss if the mc died espesially if you had a demon with recarm(the games equivelent of revive)

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Fallout 3's (Broken Steel) ending was a bit weird. I got criticised because I got Charon to do it.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Funkysandwich said:
LiberalSquirrel said:
Kakujin said:
Right back at you on the avatar ^^
Heh. -across the internet high five- Always good to see someone who doesn't automatically hate JRPGs on the Escapist.
I don't hate JRPG's as such, I just find them difficult to approach and thus don't end up playing them. The last JRPG is played was Final Fantasy 8 for the PS1, and I probably only got about 3 hours in because I didn't have a memory card at that stage.

But I digress.
Well, you seem rational about it, and there's nothing wrong with finding them a bit unapproachable. It's the people who generalize all of 'em into one gigantic lump that really grind my gears. The type to say "All JRPGs star spiky-haired, androgynous teenagers who take turns fighting and..." et cetera, et cetera, y'know? Then, when I ask them if they've ever played any, they admit that they haven't. -shrug-

On that note, and more on topic: Resonance of Fate, why the hell do you have such an extremely steep learning curve in the beginning? I mean... damn. -.-

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
Halo's story is too shallow if you haven't read the books. I actually read the first one before I played the game, so I could appreciate it way more then if I had just played the thing, and the sequels had the same problem. Come on Bungie, you knew all this extra stuff existed, you couldn't have fleshed out the narrative a little?

Like someone else said the dialogue in Silent Hill 2 can get sorta weird, but I almost feel like they did that on purpose. Still, if you aren't expecting it that can get kind of distracting.

Oh, and the Myst series. Sometimes the worlds felt literally dead, which is a good thing because there's more implied emotional weight, but then other times they just felt empty which can get sort of dull after a while.

shadowshian

Jan 27, 2008
Star wars Knights of the old republic. brilliant game played it trought who knows how many times and only complaint about the game is that it doesnt work with windows 7 -_-

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
butternut said:
Just started playing through Kingdom hearts 1 yesterday, brilliant game and I enjoy every second... or at least I enjoy the seconds that don't have the camera sticking itself in awkward walls and other places where I can't see a thing, usually at times when I most need to.
That was pretty awful and I completely agree with you.

OT: Mass Effect 2. I will do lots of terrible things I probably won't be proud of if it means I never have to probe a planet for resources ever again.

Also, Mass Effect. Basically ditto of the above statement if my team would kindly stop standing DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME DURING A FIREFIGHT.

For both of you: please, please, please learn how to properly take cover by the time Mass Effect 3 comes out. Having to revive you every 10 seconds because you can't grasp the importance of avoiding gunfire is getting old.