Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Mass Effect 2: too much probing. And I really wanted to have a chat with Garrus, but nooo

Assassin's Creed 1,2 & B: "Stop running into that wall" "No I said stop it; I'm pressing left, stop going right" "CUT IT OUT ALREADY"

Mirror's Edge: I had never called a woman a cross-eyed c*nt before I played this game. Still loved it though!

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Metroid Prime:
Certain upgrades barely get any attention, especially the Grapple Beam (which got adressed in MP3). Another thing I really disliked, which is a shame, was the plothole in the logs. They tried to fix this in the PAL version but literally made it worse. You've got such a well written story brought to the public in a smart way, and then you screw up in such a way. Shame.

Demon's Souls:
Rolling is way too good in this game, making blocking nearly useless. Same goes for armor, pointless due to the power of rolling. Weapon and magical balance is also all over the place, with certain weapons and setups (BluebloodSword with lightweapon) being way to damaging compared to other setups. Magic also made the singleplayer way too easy.
But the biggest downside... 4 character slots.
WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD DID THEY DO THIS?
I have 8 PSN accounts thanks to this design flaw.

Vanquish:
The biggest, and pretty much only downside I can think of, is unlockable content. There is NONE. The only things you actually unlock are God Hard mode and Challenge6. But after that, nothing. No costumes. No limitless ARS suit. No artwork (the game is beautifull, I'd love to see that artwork). No sound test. No challengemode creator. No difficulty select for challenges. No special modes like in Resident Evil remake (also made by Mikami). Not even freakn color filters.
Really strange considering Mikami usually has games with tons of replay value and tons of unlocks. This one only has replay in its fun factor.

hypovolemia

Mar 25, 2011
mireko said:
Yup. The character herself is good, and her s. link is pretty sweet. I never used Ken, but Fuuka narrates all the battles, so you really can't avoid hearing the voice actress. What makes it worse is that she replaces Mitsuru, who did a lot better.
I found her really annoying at first, but after a friend of mine and myself started imitating her in a stupid falsetto-voice I can't help but laugh when she says stuff like, "Akihiko-senpai is in trouble!" or "Help Ken-kun, he's not doing so well!"

What makes it even funnier is that Junpei claims she has the voice of an angel - and she does. In Japanese, where she is voiced by Mamiko Noto.

RaikuFA said:
SMT Nocturne. instant loss if the mc died espesially if you had a demon with recarm(the games equivelent of revive)
That goes for most MegaTen games. So very annoying and makes magatama/personas that are weak against darkness/curse or light/expel very risky to use.

Also, Persona 3 & 4: Temperance Arcana. Why are you so bad? All your personas suck and your social links are not that great, either.

EDIT:
Davroth said:
Eternal Darkness.

Why do you expect from me to play you 3 times and only marginally change at all? The third time feels like such a chore. and the payoff is almost not worth the time.
Also, the tower that you enter both with Alex and her grandfather. You have to do it twice per playthrough, so six times for the best end. And even doing it once fucking tedious.

Mudkipith

May 11, 2011
God of War, the doors that are just out of your camera's view and consequently cause me to sit there for an hour in a state of pure rage when I do find them.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
I happen to like quite a few games, so I don't really have a "favorite." But I don't mind butchering my sacred cows for the amusement of others, so here we go:

Dead Rising:
FUCK EVERYONE IN THIS GAME THAT AIN'T ME. EXCEPT THE SPANISH CHICK. SHE'S COOL I GUESS.

Saints Row 2:
I can surf cars, basejump, and punch old ladies. If I'm such a bad dude, why can't I skateboard?

Borderlands:
The Skag-area fighting music should have played everywhere that fighting occurs. It was awesome.

Bioshock 2:
I miss my wrench :'(.

Armored Core 2:
Why is there a PS2 game that doesn't use the analog sticks? SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL MAN

Tekken 6:
Fucked up the characters I like, not as good as Tekken 5, blah blah yammer yammer...

Newer games in general:
Why is the single-player taking a backseat to multiplayer? Why don't they finish games before releasing them, like they did with the older, "inferior" consoles? I don't have XBox Live, and I probably never will, unless they start handing that shit out for free. QUIT BANKING ON ME HAVING IT

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
Say something you hate about a game you love. Note, do not bash a game serioes or say things like "It ends <3 :D :)" It must be a true complaint about your most beloved game.

For me. Saints Row 2: God this game was so much fun, and has a special place in my heart, but god if they needed bigger battles, and more random missions to help keep the game flowing. Gang Customization also needed to be that instead of choosing predefineds.

Saints Row 2, I love you.
And what are the wimmins supposed to do? Man down?

Jjkaybomb

Nov 22, 2009
Persona 4 takes FOR-GODDAMN-EVER to get going. Like, a half hour or more.

It's what made me put down the game originally, for several months. I couldnt stand the thing with its blocks and blocks of introductory cutscenes. Now its definitely one of my favorite games.

RSparowe

Apr 25, 2011
Total War: Shogun 2 turns should be months, not seasons. Also, Realm Divide should either be less punishing or diplomacy should be easier to raise/decay MUCH slower to actually have allies after the divide on Legendary difficulty.

Final Fantasy Tactics (Playstation) was an Engrish massacre.

When Just Cause 2 was ported to PC Avalanche left in cursor deceleration from the Xbox controller, which is applied to the mouse. To this day it has not been fixed. (Causes the mouse to react violently when moved slightly and almost not at all when moved quickly.)

Sacred 2 had an incredible expansion pack that was only released in Europe because the US distributor folded. Localization made installing even the UK English version impossible on US English copies. (Fixed with some creative use of the registry.)

Despite Portal 2's delayed launch and subsequent patches, it is still riddled with bugs. (Core2-Duo users can't play with Effects higher than Medium in areas with gel. Seriously.)

Settlers 7 uses Ubisoft DRM. 'nuf said.

Poker Night at the Inventory has VERY little dialogue for a game designed around playing poker with Strongbad, Tycho, the Heavy and Max.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 complicated the simple UI of its predecessors by hiding sub-menus under sub-menus under sub-menus.

Team Fortress 2 has stolen way too much of my time.

Magicka goblin archers can burn in hell. Surely there can be a less annoying way to create difficulty than chain-knockdowns.

IncredibleTurnip

Feb 27, 2011
Being mean to good games? Can't we just keep hitting Two Worlds with a dead horse, instead?... or however that goes....

Anyhoo, Baldur's Gate 2: What kind of masochist are working at Bioware that they think verbal abuse count as romance? And on top of that, the only way to get a decent healer is to put up with it (or download an NPC mod). I mean, you could make your own character a healer, but if you're not a fighter/thief, who's going to be picking locks and disarming traps in the second half of the game? Jan? Fat chance! Also, I know mages are supposed to be smart and all, but can I please run into one, just one, that doesn't have spell deflection, stone skin, and mirror image in a sequencer with mislead next in their que? I mean, maybe they've had to fight someone other than me once ever and they've used up their cheese sequencer already. Maybe. And another thing: Why do they also cast true sight as soon as I enter view hidden in shadows? They shouldn't know I'm there. What, is it a coincidence that it just happen to turn out that they started casting as soon as I could see them? Bah!

I started another play through on Tuesday. Loving it.

Also, Tales of Symphonia gets preachy at the end.
Sid Meier's Pirates! gets very repetitive.
Mass Effect 2 with the mineral scanning.
Eternal Darkness once you can heal sanity the game completely loses its edge.

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
The controls are funky, or bad. How does this sound: The same button is used for readying your gun, firing it AND putting it down.

Silent Hill 2 & 3
The camera is ass. The combat I can somewhat take, in SH3 I actually think it's adequate, but that freakin' camera...

Metal Slug Anthology
They should have made that little effort to switch the lifes and credits with a health bar. I know they probably just wanted to make a solid port, but that system doesn't make any sense on consoles. Also, if you have any appreciation for well done 2D graphics and haven't played Metal Slug yet, stop reading some random guy's opinion on internet and go buy this game.

Dead Rising 2
I'd want the zombies to pose at least some threat so fighting them would be more exciting.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
mireko said:
LiberalSquirrel said:
On that note, and more on topic: Resonance of Fate, why the hell do you have such an extremely steep learning curve in the beginning? I mean... damn. -.-
Because the "OH GOD LOW HP" theme is awesome:
You mean that isn't the normal battle music? Really? XD
I jest, but... goodness, I was hearing that a lot for a while.

Crowded_Space

Oct 19, 2009
.hack//G.U.: Fuck all of your characters. Every single, whiny one. Except Kuhn, but only because he'd like it. (Ok, so actually I liked Kuhn...) I am fiercely loyal to that series and I think G.U. made big strides in both gameplay and story over the first set of game. But dear god do those characters suck. There's supposed to be a romance sub-plot for most of the female characters that I never bothered to do, and not just because I didn't like the girls enough to bother.

I did not want Haseo to be happy. I hated him that much.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Crysis: all of the vehicle sections are just bad, except for the VTOL level which is way beyond bad.

Mass Effect: really enjoying this (not finished the first yet and already looking forward to ME2) but they really phone it in on most of the side quest planets compared to the main story planets, and the Mako's sheilds take far too long to recharge.

Saints Row 2: No I don't want to do another fucking time trial just to unlock the next story mission!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus is one of my most favorite games of all time. It probably would be my most favorite if the camera didn't act up every now and then.

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee: Oh how I wished your jumps weren't a split second delayed I would be able to find all 99 mudokons, most of which are hidden in obscure areas that no would would think to look unless you had a guide.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
samblack09 said:
I agree, however from the looks of it ME3 will also be on ps3 and at least they gave us that interactive backstory thingy.
Yeah but needing to look on Google just to find out who a character is and why the game assumes I care about her is pretty poor writing.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
MediEvil - the camera is just crap. I did get used to it, but "The Lake" and "Pools of the Ancient Dead" levels are sometimes unplayable, specially when it comes to jumping.

Oisin XD

Oct 15, 2009
Portal 2; White gel. Go to hell.

Act 2 has some of the most enjoyable story in the game, but it just goes dead for like, half an hour when the white gel is introduced. I spent like ten minutes painting that one octagonal room completely white, not knowing what I was supposed to do.