Best intro for any game ever?

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Silent hill 2 absolutely

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tysvNGGFN3M[/youtube]

i feel she's talking to me every time and i get goosebumps when the music starts.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Tales of Symphonia intro.

Most epic music everrrr

On the other hand, ToS 2 sucks.
BADLY!!

curtmack

Apr 19, 2009
Final Fantasy 6. Not the FMV-fest in the Playstation remake, god no. I'm talking about the original SNES intro. It was short and simple, but the music playing the background made it epic.

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
No More Heroes, it made me laugh

Close seconds would be Kingdom Hearts I & II

humanizer

Jun 25, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
I liked the Kingdom Hearts 2 opening. The Mirror's Edge opening was one I liked as well, but that's probably just for the style.
And since I should add something a little more manly, I like how the BioShock opening still manages to give me the heebie jeebies. A little bit.
KH 2 was pretty good maybe not the best but the music must be turned off, it sucked.
Final fantasy 7 has a very good intro that I can still remember very well.

Lonecoon

Apr 11, 2009
Fallout 2.

Louis Armstrong? Enclave shooting the hell out of a Vault? Ron Perlman giving a gritty voice over explaining that "War never changes?" Yes, it's that good.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
Definatly CoD4, the first mission is epic.
I quite liked the opening of Mirrors Edge aswell, for some bizzare reason.

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgrnIBlxZCk

Katamari is not made of win. Win is made of Katamari.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JZkoxPjA8

Of course you can't forget the awesomeness that is DMC 3

oden636

Jun 15, 2009
personally i loved ff10 intro. the music was so well done. if not that then either DoW or CoD4

lleihsad

Apr 9, 2009
If your talking about a video sequence that serves as a "trailer" and sets the mood, I'm going to go with Suikoden III for the music and tone, or Warcraft III for the epic buildup.

For an actual in-game sequence that brings you into the story, I'll say Fallout 3. It gets you acquainted with characters that you would reasonably have an emotional stake in, and gives you an excellent frame in which to construct your character's personality and style. It does get really old after playing through a few times, though.

I'll also mentions FF7's opening mission for sheer effectiveness in execution.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Homeworld was the most moving intro I have watched. Nothing like a haunting female voice reminding you that you are the only hope of an entire people.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
HOMM3: Armageddons Blade or DOW: Dark Crusade.

also, Titan Quest had a pretty good one too.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Ooddude said:
Fallout 3 1st game ever that you come out a vagina
dude. you got issues.
Although truth be told it is quite an unusual "entrance" from cutscene to gameplay.

I'd have to say halo wars intro, when the music picks up as you see spirit of fire over harvest with the debris encompassing the planet.