Best intro for any game ever?

MrNixon21

Oct 23, 2008
Fallout 2 had a much better intro than Fallout 3. Sorry, kids, but you younglings generally have no idea what you're talking about since most of the greatest artistic games came out before the year 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PXiV95kwA

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
humanizer said:
FreelanceButler said:
I liked the Kingdom Hearts 2 opening. The Mirror's Edge opening was one I liked as well, but that's probably just for the style.
And since I should add something a little more manly, I like how the BioShock opening still manages to give me the heebie jeebies. A little bit.
KH 2 was pretty good maybe not the best but the music must be turned off, it sucked.
Final fantasy 7 has a very good intro that I can still remember very well.
I kinda liked the music...
I've never actually played Final Fantasy VII, but I haven't really heard anything bad about it.
That's probably a sign I should try it at some point.

foamfollower

Jun 30, 2009
i loved the car chase the darkness had for an intro sequence, and the splash screen animation for suikoden 3 is awesome

nikosuave

Mar 14, 2009
Fallout three. A ruined radio as it zooms out to a ruined city, then zooms out further to reveal... it's Washington.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
The intro to Harmonix's first game, FreQuency [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjPHBmZPmQ]. I wish making tracks like this was this much fun in real life as it is in this clip. FreQuency also the beginning of Harmonix's relationship with Freezepop member Kasson Crooker, who was the musical director for it and the reason why you keep seeing Freezepop songs in every other Harmonix game.

FreQuency is still one of the funnest games I've ever played. Hell, I still have it in my PS2, and one of the only two "purple" disks I own. When I read that Rock Band Unplugged plays just like FreQuency, I was in ecstasy.

EnigmaticThor

Jun 28, 2009
The intro to Halo 2 -- it set up the story so theatrically, and made following the Covenant point of view interesting. Even if the rest of the game didn't quite live up to it, this intro still gave me very high hopes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9et7DSJ9uw

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
For some reason, the intro to Earth 2140 sticks in my head. Even if the UCS "troops" resemble the Terminator.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
Prototype, Final Fantasy 8, Bioshock (I'm wondering how the intro to the 2nd one will be) maybe Red Faction Guerrilla.

Also, the opening interactive part of InFamous is pretty cool.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Final Fantasy VII, not ott, very underplayed but it just sucks you in, intrigues and excites you in a way that causes various parts of your body to respond involuntarily.

No seriously it's still my favourite opening, even after so long, I didn't even have to think about what I'd put in this post it just popped straight to the forefront of my mind, I can see and hear it clear as day.

Aanorith

Mar 17, 2009
sms_117b said:
Final Fantasy 8, the music, the graphics at the time, the way it hinted at different parts of the story with out giving anything away and on top of all that the main character and protagonist slugging it out with cool as weapons on a mountain in a storm.

It set the pace of the game, and the music just made it feel epic.
Couldnt agree more :) FF8 was mind-blowing when it came out.
First time I played it, as soon as I got to a savepoint, I restarted the game 3 more times just to see the intro again hehe.