Best intro for any game ever?

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Medal of Honour Frontline. That beach assault with the way the water muffles the battle and the shells momentarily deafen you? That should totally have been used for the opening sequence of an actual war movie.

Scunner

Jan 21, 2009
I'm going to say Half Life's intro. First interactive intro I experienced and it was great to jump straight into the game and get pulled into the story like that.

sgtshock said:
I refuse to believe Battlefield 1942 hasn't been mentioned yet.
Oh, actually this is a good one in terms of cinematic intros. BF2's is pretty good as well.

Circus Ascendant

Jul 9, 2008
The people saying Prototype couldn't be any more wrong.

The people saying FF8 are right on the money.

But I submit, for your consideration...

In 2291, in an attempt to control violence amongst deep space miners, the New Earth Government legalised no-holds-barred fighting...

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Lost Odyssey. A giant fucking meteor coming out of nowhere and killing a bunch of people...

Except for Kaim of course.

scatmanfan

Dec 31, 2008
I'm in agreement with AboveUp. No More Heroes was great. It broke the 4th wall a little bit, which I'm against, but I still liked it.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Simplicity is sometimes far more effective than flashy awesomeness, and this proves it. Simple, effective, and will be ingrained upon your memory. This is how good things can be without the necessity of skyrocket production values, epic symphony, or over the top action.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
TJOP1 said:
Title says it all: What is, in your opinion, the best/most epic/funniest intro to any game ever made?

For me it's Carmageddon 1's, pure epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWFX0FPhOA
Wow..That brings me back.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
T-Bone24 said:
Left 4 Dead is pretty damn awesome. Learn as you watch!
Agreed I actually think it worked better as a horror movie then most horror movies, it actually gave me the chills when I played it on our surround sound

Taniquel

Dec 9, 2008
squidbuddy99 said:
War. War never changes. Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything, from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation. But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes.

In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as vaults. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them - all except those in Vault 101. For on the fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die. Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters and no one ever leaves.
/thread
Niiice. I agree that Fallout has the best intro. Being born and growing up was a great way to get you into the character. An I loved how they did not overdo the growing up by adding numerous mini-quests when you are a baby and such.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Morrowind.

There WASNT really an intro, And you could let your mind wander...

Or oblivion, Patrick Stewart awesomeness WIN.

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
x434343 said:
Prototype was nice. I loved Oblivion's for some reason. Call of Duty 4 had 2 levels that made up the intro movie. Left 4 Dead and HAWX are pretty awesome too. I almost don't want to skip them.
Yeah I like when the camera moves around the tower and the title pops up. Its an exciting and almost movie like intro.

UnearthedArcana

Jul 1, 2009
Devil May Cry 3, just for how batshit over-the-top it was.
Metal Gear Solid 3 for 'Does this panty-waste know what he's doing?'

Boxpopper

Feb 5, 2009
I really liked the opening they made for FFI in Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls. It had really epic music, and when the title comes up I feel like clapping. Dawn Of War had an awesome intro as well, kind of makes me choke up when it shows the flag and all the pods coming down in the background.

Dantes Alaska

Jan 31, 2009
squidbuddy99 said:
War. War never changes. Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything, from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation. But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes.

In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as vaults. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them - all except those in Vault 101. For on the fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die. Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters and no one ever leaves.
/thread
it sounds like you bow to ron pearlmen