Best thing your country ever did.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
Obviously, landing on the Moon was my country's most important achievement in my opinion. But I do hope that sometime before 2050 that we'll eventually send some astronaunts to Mars. Whenever I think about America's achievement with the Moon, it reminds me of what comedian Bill Maher said comparing America with Michael Jackson after he died in this clip I have here. He says it near the end.

"It's sad when your peak was a moonwalk that occured decades ago."

But I do believe we'll eventually achieve something bigger. It's just a matter of when it will happen.

Steindorh

Sep 18, 2009
Uh... first female president, first openly gay prime minister (who also happens to be female)... oh, and we "defeated" the Brits in a "war" that one time, despite only having two ships with guns on them(one might call it the 'japanese method').

I'm from Iceland, by the way.

LackingSanity

Apr 15, 2009
Plazmatic said:
mb16 said:
Plazmatic said:
Us (were I am from) invented the internet..

auto-win

none of you would be able to post here if it wasn't for the united states scientists!
(British guy Tim Berners-Lee not the usa)

OT: usa, canada, australia? (we kinda 'made' them)

also what are we speaking....
no actually you are wrong.. he is not British (well technically he was), the moment he became a citizen of the united states and had residency, he became known as an american, which was far before he made the internet. Disagree? well then, all the big achievements made by the united states belonged to other countries then, except those made by Native Americans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
I'm pretty sure Berners-Lee developed the Web while working at CERN, which is in Switzerland. I don't think he went to the United States until later, although I could be wrong.

Aerakade

Aug 15, 2008
We had a great society that lived in peace with the land they were on and didn't consider it their's to possess...then my other ancestors came and killed them and took it...go USA.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
Wright Brothers for one, pushing air travel forward.

Most others I can think of just moved to America to do their work, so I don't know if it counts.
We FUNDED the manhatten project? it was... in new york

lets see... we solved all the world's problems... 3 times wait no 5 times... how the fuck do i make the sideways 8 infinity sign.
... God of War
Infinity ward AKA modern warfare

we invented obesity for people to laugh at

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Plazmatic said:
the moment he became a citizen of the united states and had residency, he became known as an american, which was far before he made the internet. Disagree? well then, all the big achievements made by the united states belonged to other countries then, except those made by Native Americans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
well... technically nothing made by anywhere besides Africa would count...which means the OT wins, cause he's in south africa

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
rekabdarb said:
We FUNDED the manhatten project? it was... in new york
Like I said. Most seemed to be a culmination of American, German, and English minds. Of course since many claimed citizenship or asylum in the states, I didn't know whether to call it.

Not that I consider the advancement of nuclear weapons to be a great thing.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
robert632 said:
We Canadians made insulin
Well we discovered it for you to be able to make! *sticks out tongue*

We also had Darwin invent evolution, everyone stopped being monkeys after this miraculous invention, so the English effectively invented humans.

Jul 27, 2009
We Americans invented the theory of government in which you just throw huge sums of money at the problem until it goes away...it's been working really well so far...

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
We invented the Hills Hoist [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_hoist].

Take THAT. Our clothes drying technology is the envy of the world!

blaqknoise

Feb 27, 2010
Canada invented modern day peacekeeping, the zipper, snow blower, the telephone, IMAX, electron microscope, Canada arm and other great things.

Dupeo

Mar 10, 2009
Canada invented hockey. Although, the only countries that seem to appreciate this gift is ourselves and Russia. YOU'RE WELCOME, RUSSIA!

GameSlave15

Feb 8, 2010
lets see there was ending world war 2 that was pretty good.

edit: also a sandwich with meat instead of bread. srsly how can there be starving people in the world?