Best Videogame Quote (NO Bioshock)

zingobingo4

Feb 2, 2011
Glados: "The test results are here. Let's see what they say. 'You are a horrible person.' That's what it says. 'A horrible person'. We weren't even testing for that."

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Tassadar: Unfortunate it is, to see that one who was once so honorable and full of life would succumb to the twisted wiles of the Overmind.

Infested Kerrigan: Do not presume to judge me, Templar. You'll find my powers to be more than a match for yours. In fact, I sense that your vaunted power has diminished since last we met.

Tassadar: Mayhap, O Queen. Or is it only that I need not flaunt my power in such an infantile test of will?

I don't remember SC2 having such amazing writing.

eggmiester

Mar 10, 2011
Christopher Callahan said:
Would you kindly rethink that title?

"The truth is, the game was rigged form the start" Benny, Fallout: New Vegas.
i realised i was bisexual the day i heard those words, though i suspected i was bi when i heard the words 'war. war never changes...'

for me, i'm gonna go with prince of persia:

'Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you: they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am or why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard.'

first and last lines of the trilogy, and yuri lowenthall KICKED ASS as the prince.

also, whatever comes out of DANTE'S! mouth is goddamn cool. also, persona 3 : 'no one can escape time: it delivers all to the same end.' also awesome.

to be honest, there are loads. i could keep this up all day...

Mariakitten

Mar 29, 2010
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted" is always a favorite. Also the entire opening speech to EV Nova never loses its charm, if you haven't played EV Nova do so now.

Castian Blake

Apr 14, 2011
"Act like a pig"
Prince Luca Blight, before the girl started acting like a pig.
"Die Pig!"
Prince Luca Blight, before slaying a pig.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Kaltazraza said:
"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEE!!" Space orb.

But why not Bioshock? just curios.
"Would you kindly" realize that Bioshock has one of the best quotes/twists of all time.

Anyway......

STOP! You violated the law. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
"I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it, the feeling, it's coming back to me! The sensation of killing! The doom and darkness... The dark streets, they're calling me. Calling me to the ultimate ring!"

If you identify that, you get the most hipster cookie ever.

rakoui

Mar 6, 2011
"Swooping is Bad." Alistair

Warden: "Alistair, she's one Archdemon short of a blight."
Alistair: "Yes, but she seems more... "Ooh, pretty colors!" than "Muahaha! I am Princess Stabbity! Stab, kill, kill!"

CaptainChelt

Feb 9, 2011
A small excerpt from Metal Gear Solid, just before you fight the Hind :)

Liquid: SO the snakes FINALLY come out of his hole...are you ready now....my brother?

Snake: WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME BROTHER, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

Liquid: I'm YOU...I'm your shadow.

Snake: WHAT?

Liquid: Ask the father that you killed, I'll send you to hell to meet him

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
It's not from a game, but it's from a game critic so I think that counts a little.
"I'm the kind of guy that looks his opponent in the eye through the scope of a high-powered rifle from the next town over."

Thank you, Mr. Croshaw, you awesome man.

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
vrbtny said:
Mike Laserbeam said:
vrbtny said:
War. War never changes - Fallout 3
Ahem. I think you'll find that's not where that quote comes from, sure it was in the game, but there were two far superior uses of it before Fallout 3...
(I'm not counting Tactics, F3's better than that)

Edit: OT: "I wanted orange, it gave me lemon-lime."
Sorry, didn't see a "Original" before "Video game quote" So I just got a quote, from a video game....
Yeah, I'm just being a knob

CryoG

May 21, 2011
Can't recall the exact lines, but loved a lot of lines from Splatterhouse, especially because they're delivered by the actor who also voices winnie the pooh

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
"Dad, Are you space?" "Yes son I am, Now we can be a family again"

OR:

"The sahuagin, We beat them off!"

That ones from DDO, Unintentional comedy gold.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
"I'm going to the bear pits tomorrow" - Benny the Guard in Thief the Dark Project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ehZt4wa3k

Though the guard argument in Thief 2 is also made of pure of awesome.