Bethesda Makes Stealing and Fighting a Little Easier for Skyrim

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
voorhees123 said:
I prefer the guards to be tough, otherwise where is the danger in getting caught? Wheres the risk if you beat them as a level 1 character? Nah. I say if you rob and kill in a house then know one knows it was you. Unless a guard catches you or the person escapes out of the house. Then thats fine. I want the guards to be tough until you are at mid level atleast and can fight them. Otherwise there is no point even having guards there in the first place.
I agree. I enjoyed how tough the guards were. There was a thrill of running for your life when you got caught and resisted arrest.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
'Unfortunately for all the would-be Bruce Lees out there, Bethesda has confirmed that it has removed Hand to Hand as a skill'
The fuck.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I needed no incentive to get this game, and everytime something new is reported, it's something that makes the game even better. Some server hating, same game releasing companies should take note...

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
As long as I can swing my sword at an enemy that has Two AI allies also fighting it and not kill one of them, I will be happy.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Well, the generic names for those guilds mean its the official guilds. Therefore that "fighter's guild" is not affiliated with the Imperial one, and the Mage's Guild had apparently been shut down by the player's Arch Mage after the events of Oblivion.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Allow me to use gifs to sum up my reaction:

So, yeah, no, I'm not excited by this at all. And I totally didn't just ruin my pants.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go chan--I mean, I have to not change my pants.

Earaldor Xerron

Jan 7, 2011
I said that backwater villages SHOULD have very weak guards and that the best guards should even beat you midgame IF they gang up the player. By the endgame your character is usually as powerful as a god, so obviously no ordinary human can stop her/him.
But it's not like Tamriel doesn't have semi-regular in demonic invasions, so I guess elite gurards should be equipped and treined for even that. So I don't think it would be outrageous for 5 of them to even match Dovakhin in combat. Obviously, this is the absolute top, the royal district guard or something similar.
Between the two types, there can be several others, most of them wouldn't kick your ass after getting 15 levels or so (in Oblivion's terms.)

exampleAccount

May 2, 2011
SL33TBL1ND said:
I still hate the way they're handling skills now, though.
Lets face it, it can't be much worse than oblivion.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that you seem to still need to level up your skills by training, it makes some skills fall into a spiral of redundancy.

therealsomeguy

Jul 10, 2009
This is very important

Can we still dual-wield shields?
if not, how long until the modders allow us to?
this is kind of a deal breaker

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
exampleAccount said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
I still hate the way they're handling skills now, though.
Lets face it, it can't be much worse than oblivion.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that you seem to still need to level up your skills by training, it makes some skills fall into a spiral of redundancy.
I just wish they went back to how Morrowind worked. Major, minor and miscellaneous skills worked well. It allowed you to min-max the shit out of your character.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
As long as I can take a sexy female assassin through a city, killing marks while avoiding the guards, I'll be happy.

In Oblivion, if you didn't one shit kill a character, even when they're alone in their house, every guard in the universe suddenly had a bounty out on me.

[HEADING=1]STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM![/HEADING]
I didn't like the way that they had known i had done something. Christ, i could lead someone into the woods, stab them in the back and Guards would start hating me.

Also i hope they add more secret stuff + underwater treasure things.
Loved that aspect of the game.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Aw man, no hand to hand? I remember them saying something about merging skills and replacing them with some kind of more specific character development but I havent been keeping up to date.

SilverStrike

Jul 12, 2010
Neverwinter Nights 1, roughly ten years ago, had the option to have a torch in off-hand.
..That's how long it's taken Bethesda to catch on. =p