Bethesda Shows Off Monsters, Magic and Stealth Kills in New Skyrim Screens

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
This is seriously one of the prettiest looking games I have ever seen. And if that first screen shot is showing what I think it is (Using a staff and a sword at the same time) then I'm sold on it right here right now.

TheXRatedDodo

Jan 7, 2009
Can this trend of making the graphics look plastic wrapped please just go away now?
Other than that, looks cool! Looking forward to this.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Oh good GOD yes. I wants, I very much wants. Playing through Oblivion on my Mac atm. Epic fucking stuff. :D

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Klagermeister said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Holy crap. Did they make the Elven armor set look like something someone would actually want to wear?

This and Portal 2 are the only games I'm actually looking forward to this year.
Actually, to me, that looks like Dwarven armor.

Plus, I want to see the new set of Glass armor. Oblivion's was so beautiful.
I dunno, comparing it to this picture [http://images.wikia.com/oblivion/images/a/ac/Elven_Armor.jpg] it looks a lot like Elven to me. Dwarven was a lot clunkier.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
In the middle of a Nord civil war, the great dragon Alduin - also known as the World Eater - returns to fulfill the prophecy fortold in the Elder Scrolls. Naturally, the player is the only one who can stop Alduin, and prevent it from devouring everyone.
Can't say that sounds that great. Especially "prophecy", "world eater", "only one" and "devouring everyone". I wonder if we'll end up being the little ***** errand boy in the main quest again and when the final fight comes around just stand there and watch.
Doubtful since they were very specific about you being the "Dragonborn". That sounds like it's pretty important. I think they're making a big deal out of it to ease anyone's fears that you'll just be a glorified errand boy like in Oblivion. That was a big step down from being the Nevaravine ie Dark Elf Jesus in Morrowind.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Kalezian said:
I <3 animated stealth kills.

that is all.
It certainly beats the

*Slash* 1/8th HP down
"And now I wish I put some training into my magic/sword."

Or atleast that's what my first character got in oblivion.

Xanar

Mar 27, 2011
Ahh! It looks so amazing, I can't wait for Skyrim. I'm going to have to pick up a new graphics card though, this game is too beautiful not to play on max settings.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Fucking beautiful.

I will be missing the engine though (if Betheseda is finally doing something about it), I feel like its the end of a very buggy era.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I got super pumped at the trailer, but this... ehhh

Look, more brown caves!

Oh look, more forests!

OOOOH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT??? MORE WOLVES!!!

Looks too much like Oblivion with a graphics update.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
HankMan said:
DustyDrB said:
They keep on showing us screenshots of Kevin Sorbo roaming around Tamriel.

Wait...no one gets a Kevin Sorbo reference anymore. That's probably a good thing.
Hey, I'd buy a game with Kevin Sorbo in it.
As long as he's playing You-Know-Who.
I'd buy almost anything with Kevin Sorbo in it.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Doesn't that look like Nirnroot beside the lake?

CD-R said:
That was a big step down from being the Nevaravine ie
Dark Elf Jesus in Morrowind.
Dark Elf Jesus. That is awesome. They should put that on the box, but I suppose it would be a bit of a spoiler? "Play as the Dark Elf Jesus!"

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
I'm very excited for Skyrim, but I'm not stupid enough to trust Bethesda's screenshots. They are Bethesda screenshots, OF COURSE they look pretty.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
castlewise said:
So pretty! I'm glad I got a new graphics card!
gonna have to get a new graphics card... but it'll be worth it!

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
My graphics card is looking worried, I'm gunna need to replace him soon. Poor little guy.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
oooooh preetty!

if however, the (what i get the feeling is) not half done oblivion save on my dive is any indication, then I will probably need mods to enjoy the game.

...goddamn evolving scamps.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
on an entirely different note, i wonder how my setup would handle this.
will it utilize my DX11?