Bethesda Sometimes Doesn't Fix Entertaining Bugs

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
One of the most useless comment/article I've ever read. It didn't even mention specific bugs that were left in or taken out.

The whole article was summed up by just the headline.

Anyway, there's no such thing as bugs, only features.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Dukenstein said:
The only good bug is a dead bug!
Must watch that movie again.

I'd feel better if they cited examples of bugs they included in Skyrim. So I can know that the upside down dragon is meant to be there

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yeah there's no way a developer will be able to fix every single bug, but I take it they mean when choosing between two bugs...the one that hinders gameplay more, versus one that's just silly, is more likely to be hammered out when given the time and effort before going gold

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
I still don't think they patched being able to get in the citidel early in Fallout 3. Just go over the rocks and you'll fall to an anarchistic walless hell, turn to your left and you can go right past the citidel gates, get power armor training, a folower, and take some crap!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
zehydra said:
They didn't develop the engine, they only tweaked it. Considering Fallout 3 and Oblivion both do not crash nearly as much for me as Morrowind did, I'm going to guess that they also made technical modifications to the engine, as well as gameplay mechanics.

There also plenty of ways to introduce bugs with the overall integrity of the engine out of the picture.
They have known since Morrowind that the engine isn't entirely stable, they could have swapped engines. I have never heard of other games use Gamebryo, either it is bugged or the tweaking done to it made it unstable.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
008Zulu said:
There is only so much a modified Gamebryo engine can do, but they manage to squeeze out a few more shades of brown each time.

Its funny that, you have games like Fallout 3 and NV, largely brown and dirty, almost a single colour game. Now we have Skyrim which is all white. Seems like they traded one colour for another.
But it's a different colour, which makes it newer and better.

Honestly, I wish I was kidding, but you know a lot of people would buy pallate swaps, so....

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Can you write an article about the NPC and their funny bugs while trying to live. Like an NPC Stealing all the apples in the town, and having them all starve to death. (happended in beta of Oblivion). What do NPC's do seeing many dead bodies float down the rivers? I love simulation games, especially with NPCs.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Having a mob glitch into a wall and do crazy things: ok.
Making your horse invincible to fall damage: ok.
Locking a door that you have to go through to complete a quest, and you cannot unlock it because it requires a key: not ok.

There are somethings that are amusing, but for everything else, there's trollface.jpg

PaganFury

Aug 31, 2011
Am I the only person in the world who didn't actually find that many bugs in any bethesda games? Player Morrowind, Oblivion+DLC, FO3+DLC and FONV+DLC and never encountered any bugs a quick load or restart wouldn't fix.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
As long as there's a modding community to fix all the little bugs they leave in, I don't mind that they leave them in. Hell, I'm sure when the game comes out I won't play the vanilla experience for more than five hours before making some mods for it.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I actually don't have a problem with this. If a game has a bug that makes the game more fun, like the Paintbrush bug from Oblivion where, then I say they should keep it in. I don't know about any of you people but I play games for fun, and shit like that is fun.

Regeaj

Aug 3, 2011
3 bugs, one in Red Dead, 2 in F:NV
1. Flying/bouncing horses, I get in a carriage and it goes slow because it and the horses are bouncing,I later steal a cart that has a bouncing horse, the horse ends up flying after I get off and it appears that the cart is barely hanging on, even trailing behind it for a few seconds

2.Two mole rats came flying at me from out of no where, I was behind that NCR Archimedes building, in the fenced in area, and through the air two mole rats trap me at the door, when I realize that I kill them

3. Veronica and Fisty, I got Fisty, the strongest power fist in the game, and gave it to Veronica, you know what she does with it? She drops it on the ground somewhere, idk where, and picks up a police baton, WTF

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Well if by bugs you include weird random shit happening then Fallout 3 was hugely into that. I think a few of my favorites were a super mutant that I killed getting stuck in some wires on the ceiling and looking like he had hanged himself, radscorpians swimming face first in a steep hill and a tree (though the tree one transitioned itself to swimming in air when it saw me and thus I was attacked by a flying radscorpian), and a radscorpian that, as I walked over a hill, was flung at super sonic speeds into the horizon by the invisible hand of god.

Ephixa

Nov 11, 2011
There is no game withou bugg... hope no bugs in main story, everything else...well i can live with it! xD