Big Boss and Raiden Appear On Kojima Teaser Site

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
I still like my "It's actually Raikov" theory, because that would characterize Kojima as the most successful troll of all time.
Don't quite get the troll comment, but I was thinking something simmilar (I've been thinking that this will tie Raikov to Raiden, and Big Boss to them both).

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Indigo_Dingo said:
I really want the series to end on MGS 4, so lets look at it this way.

What we have are a man in a beret, with an eyepatch, a goatee, and a few wrinkles. We also have a character with wiry white hair, who is heavily bandaged. While both bear similarities to Big Boss and Raiden, neither are total dead ringers.

They more resemble a cast of characters created for the purposes of resemblance. Maybe, I dunno.....

characters who could be piloting Mecha's.
I hate to break it to you. But http://i40.tinypic.com/zwj43b.jpg see those big red letters?

It's MGS. Sorry.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Indigo_Dingo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

What we have are a man in a beret, with an eyepatch, a goatee, and a few wrinkles. We also have a character with wiry white hair, who is heavily bandaged. While both bear similarities to Big Boss and Raiden, neither are total dead ringers.

They more resemble a cast of characters created for the purposes of resemblance. Maybe, I dunno.....

I hate to break it to you. But http://i40.tinypic.com/zwj43b.jpg see those big red letters?

It's MGS. Sorry.
Unless that was an assumption by the article writer. I'm a little unclear as to who knows what at this point, I'm assuming that no-one in Konami, Sony or anywhere outside of Kojima Productions, and probably Kojimas wife, know what he's working on.
...Presumably the people who did the interview with him about the game, yes? Since that's exactly what that article is about.

Peach_hat

Jan 7, 2009
Raiden has to be in it.
The first hint was lightning.

Also the more Raiden is in it the more options for more games open up, and no one should ever stop making Metal Gear Solid games.

Peach_hat

Jan 7, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:

Been on the site dude?
Check the bottom right hand corner, there's no question that it's MGS.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Indigo_Dingo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

It's MGS. Sorry.
Unless that was an assumption by the article writer. I'm a little unclear as to who knows what at this point, I'm assuming that no-one in Konami, Sony or anywhere outside of Kojima Productions, and probably Kojimas wife, know what he's working on.
...Presumably the people who did the interview with him about the game, yes? Since that's exactly what that article is about.
I thought it was just an interview with Kojima about the images that have been popping up as teasers for his game. My Japanese isn't very good.
No, it's an article about the upcoming game with all the names censored :p

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Onmi said:
It could be an MGS with stealth replaced with Metal Gear battles, or a Stealth Gear
A stealth based mecha game. That's either the stupidest thing I've ever heard, or the most AWESOME thing ever.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
No, come on Mr. Kojima, don't fuck yourself over and go back and fuck up the Metal Gear Solid series, we don't want to see it butchered.

Don't be George Lucas! We beg of you!

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Kojimas just some crazy asian guy.

Maybe it's another brawl game..
Nintendo likes beating the money out of it's dead horses don't they?

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Militares Sans Frontiers

Military without a land" or home perhaps? So could be a flashback game about Bigboss setting up Outer heaven. Still that dosn't explain Raiden.

The logo seems to a map of Europe without the UK with a bit of Africa.