Bill Proposes To Ban Barbie

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Your right. Bratz are so, so much worst. Barbies make girls want to be pretty little princesses. Bratz make girls want to be Sluts.
I agree, Barbie is definitely better than a lot of other toys out there.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Your right. Bratz are so, so much worst. Barbies make girls want to be pretty little princesses. Bratz make girls want to be Sluts.
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Thats pure refined truth.

L33tsauce_Marty said:
More like big heads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mw1ARQc7vw
Wow why haven't I seen this yet that was great!

bluerahjah said:
Yeah, my 5 year old cousin told everyone she wanted thongs for her birthday because that's what the Bratz dolls wear.
That is seriously fucked up. Girls of that age should not be thinking about wether or not they should be wearing thongs.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Let me see... Barbie makes girls want to just dress up in fancy dresses and such, while those Bratz things makes girls want to dress up like cheap tramps. I think the Bratz dolls are the bad influence.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
"...If you're beautiful, you're beautiful, you don't have to be smart..."

QFT

yzzlthtz

May 1, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
oh man, please ban Bratz. Leave Barbie alone!
Though... Barbie was originally designed after a German sex doll.
but whatever, dolls are for fantasy. how should we influence our childrens' imaginations? should we leave it up to free market capitalism like we've done?
we get Bratz. so we decide to intervene...
do dolls now have to come with calculators and mini shakespear plays?
really,
we should all make our own dolls.
but our culture is centered around consuming, not creating.
that is to say that which is created is created with the intention of being popular, and so naturally gravitates to the status quo.
after a few generations,
we get this homogenized archetype of the most shallow ego-driven tendencies in our culture -
Bratz. Shop-crazy, over-made up, slut machines.
a crying shame that.

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
I hate Barbie as much as the next over-eight-years-old person, but i dont think that its teaching little girls to be sluts. Bratz, on the other hand...

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
Cajt said:
bluerahjah said:
SomeBritishDude said:
Your right. Bratz are so, so much worst. Barbies make girls want to be pretty little princes. Bratz make girls want to be Sluts.
Yeah, my 5 year old cousin told everyone she wanted thongs for her birthday because that's what the Bratz dolls wear.
South Park foretold this madness.
I love that episode....

anyway this is trueoust bratzare worse

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
Bratz are dead.... they got sued by Barbie and aren't allowed to make any more. Not kidding.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
Thunderheavyarm said:
Yog Sothoth said:
Bratz are dead.... they got sued by Barbie and aren't allowed to make any more. Not kidding.
Wow, I'm out of touch. Didn't know that. How long ago did this happen?
Some time around last Christmas.... I'll dig up a story and link it here.... gimmme a few minutes...

EDIT: Here [http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/18/business/18toy.html] you go....

Thunderheavyarm

Feb 6, 2009
Yog Sothoth said:
Thunderheavyarm said:
Yog Sothoth said:
Wow, I'm out of touch. Didn't know that. How long ago did this happen?
Some time around last Christmas.... I'll dig up a story and link it here.... gimmme a few minutes...

EDIT: Here [http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/18/business/18toy.html] you go....
Huh...interesting. Well, now that Bratz is gone there's only the media that's causing girls to act that way. Good luck to whoever thinks they can kill that giant.

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
galletea said:
"I just hate the image that we give to our kids that if you're beautiful, you're beautiful and you don't have to be smart," Democratic Delegate Jeff Eldridge, who is pushing the bill, said.
Clearly, he forgot that Barbie has been a doctor, and the president. Silly man. There are far worse toys than Barbie for that negative influence, Barbie has always been shown as rich and sucessful.
wasnt she also an astronaut as well, and teacher and many other careers that imply a college education or a good forged diploma?

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
Bratz is far worse, and it has VIDEOGAMES and a TV show.
Repeating for those that missed it: Bratz is DEAD. It was developed by a Mattel employee during her time there, so Mattel took it down with a precision targeted lawsuit.