Price point?
I think they said it when they announced both Leviathan and Firefight
Firefight = US$2
Leviathan = $US10
Ah, thanks.
Probably won't bother with it then.
I'd say you should wait
who knows, might be on the same level of Lair of the Shadow Broker
Eh, maybe. Even so, I've just had Mass Effect fatigue recently. All I really care about now is the multiplayer.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Will this one explain why people are so upset about that ending that was considered the worst thing in existance?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Nimcha said:
You could say the same for any (side) mission in the game. I fail to see how that's a point against this DLC.
When you play side missions in the game, you don't know how it's going to end.

Saviordd1 said:
This, it almost seems like he's trying to both play to the bioware fans by announcing this and the new bioware attackers by being skeptical.
Or perhaps I'm not "playing" to anyone, but just expressing a very reasonable, and hardly unusual opinion. There's no right or wrong here, and if you like the idea and want to play it, knock yourself out. But there's no question that for a lot of people, knowing the outcome and having experienced the emotional impact of the conclusion has a big impact on the desirability of single-player expansions.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Nimcha said:
Andy Chalk said:
It sounds pretty cool, but is it actually interesting enough to bother with? We all know how the Mass Effect story ends, after all, so no matter what you do or what happens in Leviathan, the outcome will be the same.
You could say the same for any (side) mission in the game. I fail to see how that's a point against this DLC.

Knowing how something ends doesn't need to detract from its entertainment value. Have you never read a book twice?
Would you read a newly added chapter in a previously read book that had a crappy ending? If I wasn't impressed with it the first time around, why should I bother paying to read some chapter slapped in the middle of it?

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
If there isn't Elcor in combat, I will be disappointed. Seriously, that mission was SUCH a tease.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Can I just say I am literally GIDDY about seeing this thing fail and to hear when Bioware pulls the plug on its DLC plans.

Literally...I know one person out of about 20 people who are going to get it.
It was THE OTHER way around for ME2.

Granted that is a small sample size but its kind of telling.

I mean I uninstalled my ME3 and Origin a week or so ago.
My security question? toodle-oo AHAHAHA!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Mcoffey said:
For me at least, this just seems extra irrelevant since the most it will add is a few extra points for the Readiness meter.

Besides that, I'm not especially interested in learning more about the Reapers since it turned out their leader/hivemind/whatever, the Catalyst, is a complete moron.
You have to admit though, that that's a very good reason for one to go rogue.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Thought I read something about this being a rogue reaper? Dammit, and I was hoping for a space whale too.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Individual quality might be found in that DLC, but it wouldn't be enough to forgive the taint of hack writing terrible conclusion to the series.

Goofguy said:
Would you read a newly added chapter in a previously read book that had a crappy ending? If I wasn't impressed with it the first time around, why should I bother paying to read some chapter slapped in the middle of it?
If I didn't ostensibly refuse to purchase any EA published product, that's what I would be thinking here.

One can pretend to ignore the elephant in the room, but personally, knowing that nothing I do in the DLC (or ANYWHERE) has any real meaning or impact (the original premise of Mass Effect, and how it was pitched) basically eliminates any incentive I would have to play said DLC.

To continue the analogy: A book that provides poor closure provides little incentive for me to read anything related to it.

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
The_Darkness said:
Huh. Bioware is dating Mass Effect 3: Leviathan. I wonder if they're seeing a film at the cinema or going out clubbing together? In any case, I hope it's the beginning of a beautiful relationsh- Oh, that's not what you meant...

OT: August 26th? Eleven days away? Awesome. I'll probably have finished Dark Souls by then, just in time to boot up ME3 for this before diving into Darksiders 2.
And I'm seriously looking forward to meeting Leviathan. I may even buy it dinner... (What food do Reapers eat?)
I really love their "within 2 weeks" DLC plan so far. Seriously, that's not sarcasm, it's a great system.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
Nimcha said:

Saviordd1 said:
This, it almost seems like he's trying to both play to the bioware fans by announcing this and the new bioware attackers by being skeptical.
Or perhaps I'm not "playing" to anyone, but just expressing a very reasonable, and hardly unusual opinion. There's no right or wrong here, and if you like the idea and want to play it, knock yourself out. But there's no question that for a lot of people, knowing the outcome and having experienced the emotional impact of the conclusion has a big impact on the desirability of single-player expansions.
Yet no one calls the same foul when Dawnguard came out, or when ME2 overlord came out years ago, or when knights of the nine came out for Oblivion...the list goes on; DLC or even expansions tied into the original game aren't unusual and normally don't get the same amount of skepticism.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Saviordd1 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Nimcha said:

Saviordd1 said:
Yet no one calls the same foul when Dawnguard came out, or when ME2 overlord came out years ago, or when knights of the nine came out for Oblivion...the list goes on; DLC or even expansions tied into the original game aren't unusual and normally don't get the same amount of skepticism.
But...those elder scroll expansions are all side adventures that aren't affected by the main quest's end. They even put in dialogue referring to whether or not you already finished those story lines, including some witty remarks about doing Sheogorath's quests after you've become Sheogorath.

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
I'll do what I always do with midquel DLC - wait until someone else has played it then get opinions.

If it gets rave reviews (like LotSB), then I might buy it and play it through. Or maybe I'll just watch all the juicy plot bits on YouTube like I did with the on-disc DLC (fuck you EA) to satiate my desire for knowledge of the Mass Effect world and skip the whole hour or so of playing through the mission so I can talk to Startwit again.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Saviordd1 said:
But in all of those cases, the fiction in which the DLC was set was ongoing. They could very easily have taken place after the main storyline had been completed. Not so with Leviathan. Mass Effect 3 ended Mass Effect. How do you compellingly follow up on that?

monkeymo4d

Jan 22, 2012
Am I the only one who finds it a bit weird that we now have to actually buy an expansion explaining the origins of the REAPERS ? I mean shouldn't this already be in the game as perhaps an integral part of the "story" that is mass effect 3 ?No..... Noone....just me....*sigh*