BioWare Still Unsure About Tali Reveal

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
This is similar to the ending of Doomsday Arcade. As I see it, the best option is to make no definite truth and leave everyone to believe what they want to believe.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Whoa, what if Tali and the Master Chief were the same person? Digital voice changing and overly bulky power armour makes it a definite possibility...

Condiments

Jul 8, 2010
*Checks out most commented threads and sees the words Mass Effect 3*

Oh hell yes, wonder what sweet new gameplay features they've ann--

*Reads 'UNSURE ABOUT TAIL REVEAL'*

.....What the? I swear it would seem Bioware is now making intergalactic dating sims with robot overlord subplots. If their main forum is any evidence, most want the entire game to be structured around romance options.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Still Life said:
I personally don't want to see Tali's face revealed. I think there's something said about leaving it to the imagination, and players have really taken on the character and have no doubt personalised and idealised her. You also can't please everyone :)

Besides, to my Shep, Tali is like a little sister.
Agreed. Years of imagination won't be done justice by an actual face.

But what do they mean that they "changed Tali?" LIke they changed what her face was gonna look like? They changed if theyre even gonna show her face? They changed her anatomically, or personality wise? I don't understand what they're trying to say.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
xitel said:
I think we all know what Tali is actually going to look like.
Man, when I clicked the spoiler button, I laughed so hard!

You sir, win.

Phantom Echo

Mar 3, 2011
People enjoy Mass Effect for the plot, as much as the gameplay... and a big part of the plot is the relationships that Commander Shepard forges with his/her crew. That, in turn, includes romance options... and all of the interesting details you learn about these people when they let their guards down around you.

The gameplay is bound to be great. It looks like they're taking all the good parts from the first game... all the good parts from the second game... and striving to make a far superior third.

That's great news.

But this news is about a small blurb regarding whether or not Tali's face would be revealed, and whether or not that would have a negative impact on her fans.

For me, it wouldn't. I don't care what she looks like. I'd love to know... but she's such a greatly developed character that really, it doesn't matter. I know that if my Commander Shepard romances her, -he- knows what she looks like.

Obviously, he isn't bothered either.

She's a sickly gal with glowing eyes, backward-bent legs, and a pretty handy grasp of technology. She's funny, curious, smart, and above all... she's loyal. Her looks don't matter. It's just a matter of sating curiosity. That's all.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
I've ignored Tali completely in both Mass Effect 1 & 2 (main story interaction notwithstanding) She never held much interest for me...I only talked to her the first time i played Mass Effect because i wanted to get the full experience.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i was always wondering how she looks like. started a relationship with her in hope i would see her face. well, my shep was lucky i wasnt. lol.
it would be nice to see her face. after all, i saved her from getting exiled, so i do like to see her face.

Hobonicus

Feb 12, 2010
dstreet121 said:
She's probably going to look like Kit Fisto I bet, the Quarians always struck me as an aquatic species for some reason.
Probably because Quarian sounds like Aquarium.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Archemetis said:
I want her to look like James Earl Jones.

Stupid aside... I don't really want them to reveal her face, I really like Tali as a character (enough to want to name my first dog Tali Zorah Vas whatever I call my house/apartment)
And part of her intrigue comes from the enigma that is living under that hood and mask.

Although If I had to speculate, I'd say it won't be far off humanoid. If you look at Tali as she exists right now you can always make out a glowy-eyed humanoid face behind the mask.

So really, it's not going to be revolting any time soon.
Now you're going to have to name your house "Qwib-qwib", of course.

OT: I'll go with those who think Bioware should give us an idea of what Quarians in general llok like, maybe even show us one of them without a suit, but not show us Tali specifically. I also thought she should still have been a romanceable character, but you couldn't sleep with her.

SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
(I should add that I think its a big plus point for Bioware when I have characters I hate as well as I have characters I get along with well. To tell a good story they need to have every player despise one person. In my case there were two, Miranda and Tali. Tali is dead on my save and I hope Miranda wont be part of the crew in Mass Effect 3 though)
They made two characters I hated as well - Jack, and to a lesser extent Jacob. Jacob only because he's boring and has shoulders three times as wide as his hips, but I really really disliked Jack. I was so pleased that she died in my third playthrough while everyone else survived. I might make that my canon playthrough.

Mar 26, 2008
Hobonicus said:
dstreet121 said:
She's probably going to look like Kit Fisto I bet, the Quarians always struck me as an aquatic species for some reason.
Probably because Quarian sounds like Aquarium.
I do believe the Quarren are a squid-like species in the Star Wars universe.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I've never played Mass Effect before, but in my opinion her face should be left concealed. It seems neat to have a woman whose face you can basically make whatever you want.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
TJ rock 101 said:
They could just show us what Quarians in general look like, without showing Tali's face. So then we would at least have an idea of what she is like.
Those are exactly my thoughts.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
If there's any good reason to buy ME3 then it will be to finally see Tali's face. Or you could by it on the merits that it will probably be one of the best RPGs of 2012. Either way, I want it now!

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
I say take the mask off. This is the end of the series, the end of Shepard's and by proxy our journey. There is a great deal of really good fan art out there to use as a gauge of what many Tali-lovers think, I say use it as a basis and let us finally get a look at her.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I would like to see what she looks like. I assume it's similar to that fan art that's going around. Although I know it would upset a lot of people - maybe have a conversation option where she asks Shepard (perhaps especially if they are romantically together) whether she should or not, and you can choose to respond yes or no? That way, whether you see it or not is up to you. Or, perhaps show a different Quarian, like people have said, so we can get a ROUGH idea.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Personally I'd like to see her take it off during the inevitable romance cutscene (Also, there needs to be a lesbian option for that because I refuse to play Wooden Shepard) to give it a bit of gravitas.

El_Chubba_Chubba

Mar 13, 2009
I hope that she has a vagina for her face.

But seriously, they could only partially show her face. Perhaps we only see her face in a reflection, without perfect detail...kinda like a reflection in a window (i.e not a mirror).

It keeps to the mystery, yet offers some insight to Tali for other fans.