BioWare Still Unsure About Tali Reveal

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
TJ rock 101 said:
They could just show us what Quarians in general look like, without showing Tali's face. So then we would at least have an idea of what she is like.
^this. I like to keep Tali a mystery but would like to know what a typical Quarian looks like.

Mr.Gompers

Dec 27, 2009
I liked the mystery of her face for the first two games, I would prefer if they showed her face in the third game though.

I just prefer when I get an answer to my mysteries rather than have them remain a mystery.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
CleverCover said:
Luke5515 said:
The best analogy I can make is Double D from Ed Edd and Eddy.
Something was up under that hat, and no one ever knew. It would have killed it if they showed what it was.
Actually, if you played one of the CN games online and beat it with Double D, there's a pic of him throwing his hat up in the air. You get to see under the hat for a brief moment.

If you want to find it, google it. If you don't, that's cool too.
*see's what you posted and has to go and look it up, long lost secret in my head now is biggest challenge of the day*

"okay and here we go and.....WTF"

wtf?!?!?! fucking greasy chopped up old man hair? it looks like someone took a flamethrower to his head then dipped it in grease
I know man. I had a similar reaction, but it made his hat that much better in context. Who wouldn't want to cover that up?

OnT: And behold all. This might just be the reaction to Tali's face.
Just because it's a secret, doesn't mean it will do any good to have it revealed.
This poor man just suffered a complete let down. Take note Bioware, for revealing her face will do the same to about 85 percent of fans.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Indeed a tough call but I would keep it a secret from the audience. The Tali romance is made compelling by not knowing what she looks like but it also reinforces that the romance is for her personality and character ather than her appearance (which is what Miranda was for, shame they couldn't make her face look better)

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
They never revealed The Stig's face and that worked well for Top Gear, why not Bioware follow in their footsteps?

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Bioware is in a lose-lose situation. People will cry and moan if they don't reveal her face, and they'll cry and moan if they do reveal her face and it doesn't look like the face the imagined/wanted. Same thing happened with Master Chief's face, assuming the franchise continues as it's been going.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Ugh, no. I don't want to see Tali's face. The mystery of the mask, and her adorable personality, it's all too beautiful. I love Tali, she and my Shepard are BFFs. When Tali died in the suicide mission, I cried for a bit and then restarted it. But if I saw her, and it wasn't perfect, I think that would ruin it for me.
In fact, don't even show us a Quarian. Leave the mask. It's too beautiful to destroy.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
She will either come with two separate faces or Bioware will pussy out and not show it at all.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Just show the damn face. What makes her interesting is not that we can't see her face it's her character that makes her interesting. Also it is kind of ridiculous to not know what the quarians look like if we were in the Mass Effect Universe we could probably go on the extranet type in quarian into Wikipedia and we would see records of what their species looked like before they had to escape in their flotilla. Hell their are asari still alive that probably know what they look like from seeing them before they lost their homeworld.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
InterAirplay said:
I haven't played my way past ME1 (working my way through just now) I hope this happens. Tali so far appears to be the only interesting female crewmember in Mass Effect. honestly, Ashley had all the appeal of a wet cloth and half the time I just shouted at her to do her job 'cos she was all like "wah wah unit got killed wah wah moody and sulky wah wah wah someone support meeee" While Tali was like "Hey Shepard. Yeah, I got my issues, I'm happy to talk about them, but I deal with them like a grownup. It's cool. Hey, let's talk interesting space stuff, yeah?"

I remember when that choice came up...

...between saving Ashley or Kaidan. I immediately went for kaidan with absolutely no hesitation.
If you talked to her more you would realize just how interesting she was.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
InterAirplay said:
spectrenihlus said:
InterAirplay said:
I haven't played my way past ME1 (working my way through just now) I hope this happens. Tali so far appears to be the only interesting female crewmember in Mass Effect. honestly, Ashley had all the appeal of a wet cloth and half the time I just shouted at her to do her job 'cos she was all like "wah wah unit got killed wah wah moody and sulky wah wah wah someone support meeee" While Tali was like "Hey Shepard. Yeah, I got my issues, I'm happy to talk about them, but I deal with them like a grownup. It's cool. Hey, let's talk interesting space stuff, yeah?"

I remember when that choice came up...

...between saving Ashley or Kaidan. I immediately went for kaidan with absolutely no hesitation.
If you talked to her more you would realize just how interesting she was.
I tried, but she just constantly rubbed me up the wrong way. She just seemed insecure and incompetent.

Holy fucking shit, these aren't even real people we're talking about. I think I should go get some sleep. >_<
Well if that's your opinion that is your opinion I would give her a second chance if I was you though. Of course I guess it helped that I did romance her.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
My advice to BioWare? Keep the helmet on and the mystery intact.
I concur! As Yahtzee once said in his Condemned 2 review, "Mysteries lose all their appeal the instant you explain them..." The moment you reveal Tali's face her popularity will go down the shitter. And besides that, nothing you could possibly come up with could live up to fan expectations at this point so you'll just end up with rioting angry fans, so save yourself and your design teams the pressure and don't bother. Also I'm reminded of another quote, this one coming by way of Spock from Star Trek "Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." In other words, the anticipation and speculation is much more enjoyable than actually getting to see her face will be, so keep the mask on and keep everyone guessing.

Phantom Echo

Mar 3, 2011
I don't give a damn about the mystery. It's never been about 'seeing her face' to me. It's been that all throughout the series, Tali is this curious alien creature. She's a completely non-human entity with enough human traits to relate to. When you meet her, she's on a quest to learn about the world and find something of interest and use to bring back to her people.

The relationship aspect of her character in Mass-Effect 2 was very similar.

It wasn't about the mystery... it was about this curious young Quarian girl coming to terms with her feelings for someone of another species. She's timid, and nervous... and awkwardly flirty. It's amazing. And it has absolutely nothing to do with her face.

Anyone who has ever "genuinely" liked a person knows that you can overlook imperfections in appearances. People will 'get over' her not looking quite like they expected, if they see her. Conversely, people will also 'get over' her face never being revealed.

To me, though, it seems quite caddish to hide her face under the claims of 'maintaining mystery'. The real argument is "Do people want her to be shockingly alien, or surprisingly human? Do people want her to be a thing of beauty, or hideously foreign.'

In the end... people who truly like the character for what she is won't really give a damn what she looks like. They'll love her anyways.

MacJack

Jun 23, 2011
I dont car if she looks like a horse laughing, i just wanna know, after wasting my time with he in ME2 triying to see her face.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
Sure, I'd like to see her unmasked. As long as she doesn't look any different than this.

mageroel

Jan 25, 2010
Brian Hendershot said:
Just show us a Quarian face Bioware. Any face will do. The only reason I romanced her in the first place was so I could see her face...(and because Miranda, and Jack are massive BIOTCHS. And I don't know how I feel about bumping...fingers...minds..or whatever with an Asari.)
You could've gone for Kelly!! She was quite hot.

Sep 14, 2009
CleverCover said:
gmaverick019 said:
CleverCover said:
Luke5515 said:
The best analogy I can make is Double D from Ed Edd and Eddy.
Something was up under that hat, and no one ever knew. It would have killed it if they showed what it was.
Actually, if you played one of the CN games online and beat it with Double D, there's a pic of him throwing his hat up in the air. You get to see under the hat for a brief moment.

If you want to find it, google it. If you don't, that's cool too.
*see's what you posted and has to go and look it up, long lost secret in my head now is biggest challenge of the day*

"okay and here we go and.....WTF"

wtf?!?!?! fucking greasy chopped up old man hair? it looks like someone took a flamethrower to his head then dipped it in grease
I know man. I had a similar reaction, but it made his hat that much better in context. Who wouldn't want to cover that up?

OnT: And behold all. This might just be the reaction to Tali's face.
Just because it's a secret, doesn't mean it will do any good to have it revealed.
This poor man just suffered a complete let down. Take note Bioware, for revealing her face will do the same to about 85 percent of fans.
while i now understand why he covered it up, i was just in such shock because he is a human child..and a child..who is like 11 if that. i mean wtfffff

now in tali's case i know she is an alien and i know the general setup of her eyes and the overall shape of her head already, so therefore in her case i wouldn't be as suprised/disgusted as what ever is underneath it..

but still i was expecting something like kyle's hair from south park, a big poofy ginger jew fro or something.