BioWare Teases New Game

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
MetalMagpie said:
Lerasai said:
I really hope there is more variety in the landscape than what is shown in this image.
I realize I'm being picky here, but there are very few single images you can create that contain variety of landscape. They tend to just have one. ;)
Hahaha, you are right. xD

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
To be honest this reminds me of Just Cause 2 and it obviously won't be that so your presumptions are invalid

CalPal

Apr 25, 2011
babyhenchy1 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Andy Chalk said:
Fingers crossed for a new Baldur's Gate! [http://www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-Pc/dp/B00001QEQA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320693755&sr=8-2] They have armored trucks in D&D now, right?
MINSC MAKES NO RIGHT TURN FOR EVIL! Right, Boo?

*squeak*
Go for the headlights Boo.
Drain ALL the headlight fluid!

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
babyhenchy1 said:
And cue people making judgments based on one single image.
You saw that as well..

I must say and decent multi-party single player game would make me pre-order today.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Looks kinda like Rage mixed with Brink.
Huh, that is exactly what I was thinking.
It's just one image, but if it's anything to go by, doesn't look like typical Bioware fare.

But then again, still just one image of a dude flying in the air from a car crash, and it's a game informer image too so it's most likely stylized concept art. Should be interesting to see what the VGAs hold.

Heh, maybe it's Dragon Age 3.

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
I really can't see the post-apocalyptic feel of this screen as some seem to. It's a car crash, in what might be/looks like a desert. He's wearing a f'cking t-shirt!

I've thoroughly enjoyed pretty much all Bioware games ( yes, including Dragon Age 2) so I'm willing to reserve judgement and give Bioware the benefit of a doubt with this one.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
To me, the image looks more like it's from an action-racing game. An RPG studio creating a racing game? Sure, I'll bite.

TheCowman

Oct 22, 2011
Canadish said:
You seem to be suggesting that Bioware HASN'T been on a massive downward spiral for the past 2 years now.
*Looks at massive files of saved games for Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and Dragon Age 2*

Well, I can't speak for the rest of the world, but I've been happier than a pig in slop. So for me the MASSIVE (obligatory capital letters) downward spiral has been the awesomest water slide ever!

But hey, I understand. Bioware's a big-time developer now, so you've GOTTA hate 'em.

"EA is teh devul", and all that jazz.

Mark Hardigan

Apr 5, 2010
Disappointed is the best way to explain my reaction to this screenshot. It looks just like any number of other generic games that have come out in the last few years. I hope the screenshot by itself is not indicative of the actual game, or else we may be looking forward to the first FPS to come out of Bioware. And while I have nothing against the FPS genre (Some of my favorite games are shooters), this screenshot is bland at best, and I don't go to Bioware for First Person Shooters; I go to Bioware for RPGs.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
From what I can tell with the photo it looks like a possible modern-ish shooter. One thing that stands out to me is if closely at the picture there seems to be a lot of emphasis on debris from the exploding jeep which is a technical feet even proper modern shooters have problems with.

I'm not going to go into a fanboy rage because I'm not really a Bioware fan anymore, but considering what their usually area of expertise is this is extremely underwhelming for a 'teaser'. What are people supposed to think when the RPG powerhouse Bioware shows off a picture that could pass for any number of the bland shooters out there?

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
All I see a picture of two vehicles crashing and a guy flying through the air. I see nothing to lead me to believe whether the game will be a TPS, FPS, RPG or a crash dummy simulator. It's too vague, and trying to discern what genre the game is by a single screenshot seems kind of silly. It's especially silly when said picture seems to offend people to the point where they have to complain about it.

How about we wait for the official announcement before we break out the pitch forks and torches?

PinochetIsMyBro

Aug 21, 2010
No making snap judgements please.

The amount of crying that resulted from people thinking the Mass Effect 3 teaser was a new first person shooter game made my eyes bleed.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
The best I can take from that screenshot is a new car crash/bandana simulator set in a gritty and cruel outlands of Gobi desert. Sounds like a hit?