Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Since when is it "unbalanced" to encourage players to use a sniper rifle correctly?
Since the entire weapon class is now very underpowered compared to the other ones.

Honestly, how hard is that to understand?
Sorry, but I have a problem when people dictate their opinions as facts. It's a condition called "critical thinking."

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
Soldiers in real life deal with this danger (i.e. IEDs); is it too much to expect ordinary people to maybe deal with this in a fucking video game?
There you go again with that 'real life' stuff.

Real life is not fun! Games are.

You want real life, go join the army. Games are for entertainment, not to simulate real life.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Second chance pro is pretty similar to the medic perk in WaW. (I forget the real name.) I loved that feature, gave my friends a chance to try and be heroes and rescue me. Awesome moments cause of that feature.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
For all the people yelling that "it makes sniping more realistic," there seemed to be more than a few instances in that second vid where he pulled the trigger from almost point blank with the reticle on his opponents chest, and there was no hit detection marker.

I couldn't care less that they changed/nerfed quick-scoping, but if sniping has hit-detection issues that are that poor... yikes.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
Sorry, but I have a problem when people dictate their opinions as facts. It's a condition called "critical thinking."
Right, let's just end this conversation here because we clearly aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I know you're new here so I'm not going to be a dick about it.

Your tone, however is a little smart-assed and arrogant. Making condescending comments like that doesn't help make your point. If you are willing to discuss this in a civil manner, then let me know and I'll be happy to continue.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Soldiers in real life deal with this danger (i.e. IEDs); is it too much to expect ordinary people to maybe deal with this in a fucking video game?

You want real life, go join the army. Games are for entertainment, not to simulate real life.
There you go again with that "I think this isn't fun, therefore it's not" stuff.

Your opinion is not an objective fact.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Snipers are not meant to be in the thick of battle, they're meant to be some distance away, picking off people. If Sniper in the Army started running around with the guys in the frontline, they'd think he's absolutely off his rocker. I'm glad this whole "Quickscoping" bollocks is gone.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Thunderhorse31 said:
For all the people yelling that "it makes sniping more realistic," there seemed to be more than a few instances in that vid where he pulled the trigger from almost point blank with the reticle on his opponents chest, and there was no hit detection marker.

I couldn't care less that they changed/nerfed quick-scoping, but if sniping has hit-detection issues that are that poor... yikes.
I think it's that for a few seconds, the shot probably will spread before it settles. Kinda like a harsher version of the breathing mechanic that was previously used in aiming down the scope.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

Or go play ARMA 2, which is pretty much the only realistic 'shooter' on the market. Totally agreed that CoD games have been about having a great time playing a game, not pretending to be a real soldier.

Personally, I am undecided whether or not to get Blackops. I love MW2, I don't mind quickscoping since there are enough weapons (SMGS <3) to counter those little bunny hopping quickscoping mommy's boys.

Oh well, with that buying impulse of mine, I'll probably get it next week, and i'll come whine in this thread about how they 'ruined' MW2 or CoD. > . >

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Right, let's just end this conversation here because we clearly aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I know you're new here so I'm not going to be a dick about it.

Your tone, however is a little smart-assed and arrogant. Making condescending comments like that doesn't help make your point. If you are willing to discuss this in a civil manner, then let me know and I'll be happy to continue.
Yes, because you're certainly not the least bit condescending and arrogant when you pass off your opinion as self-evident fact.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
cainx10a said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

Or go play ARMA 2, which is pretty much the only realistic 'shooter' on the market. Totally agreed that CoD games have been about having a great time playing a game, not pretending to be a real soldier.
Or play the Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality. Offers something similar and is free.

De-Moti

Oct 31, 2010
Using the chopper gunner on the smallest map = Lots of kills.
>Implying this applies to every map.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
True they were stupid to be so close together. but imagine how annoying the RC Car is going to be in Ground War or Headquarters! Trying to cap a flag with 3 team-mates and BOOM all dead.
Heh, funny vid. They got what they deserved for sticking so close together and all trying to attack from the same direction.

As for how it'll effect games, dunno. You have to choose between the RC car and the Spy Plane. Sure, the car can get you some kills, but knowing where your enemy is can be much more important. Besides, from what I've seen it's less powerful than the predator missile, so it's more like a movable piece of C4. Most of the time it'll just be 1 person you kill, maybe 2 if you're lucky.

I can't shoot the bloody thing yet, though. Little bastard taunted me by driving straight at me, and I missed it with my gun. I dunno if you can actually shoot it though, I've only heard that you can, so I might have been making an arse of myself earlier in game.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

There you go again with that "I think this isn't fun, therefore it's not" stuff.

Your opinion is not an objective fact.
I never said it was. If you think real-life war is fun then good for you. But most gamers don't.

Most gamers would rather run around in COD with an un-realistic sniper rifle than go out to some desert and endure seeing their friends blown apart, living in fear of death every second of every day.

And game developers are sensible if they make games that most gamers will enjoy.

Now can we please drop this? It's getting silly.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Cpt Corallis said:
cainx10a said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

Or play the Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality. Offers something similar and is free.
FREE? pssssh! *throw pennies at thee*

I think they will be releasing PR for arma 2 (the amount of community content for this game is crazy) as well, and yes, had a great time playing that on BF2. Although I must admit, I prefer arcade games, so I really only play arma 2 when I feel like it > . >

Sep 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Steppin Razor said:
People don't spawn close enough together to get a 6 man kill with the RC car. Those people were retarded. The sort of retarded that makes you smile when they lose spectacularly because they do moronic things in game. Things such as standing next to each other on a small map.
Here it is:

True they were stupid to be so close together. but imagine how annoying the RC Car is going to be in Ground War or Headquarters! Trying to cap a flag with 3 team-mates and BOOM all dead.
oh god. that is going to get so fucking annoying. the rc car is going to be camping chopper gunner douchers favorite new toy. fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

im gonna wait and play this on my brothers 360 and my friends 360...if i like it. i might get it. used of course, but otherwise mw2 left such a nasty taste in my mouth that it turned me off this kind of gameplay for a longgg time.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
De-Moti said:
Using the chopper gunner on the smallest map = Lots of kills.
>Implying this applies to every map.
Also:

MiracleOfSound said:
Using RC to kill 6 enemies stupid enough to bunch up together.
>Implying RC car will kill loads of enemies all the time.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee the hype of black ops is driving me quackers , i'm sitting this one out... oh yeah with all those people logging into the black ops game , i'm sry to say the server will probably crash or lag so bad ... this happened to mw2

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That looks....my god, that looks painful. Thanks Miracle, I always appreciate your comments on the CoD games. It's true that fans are one's best critics.

26 Kills like that, come on Treyarch, you told us you tested the balance in this game. Seems that you missed something. Shame by the way because that map looks really fun, quite something different from your average map.

Anyway, I'll hold out on this game if it's really this bad. I'm ok with the dogs in WaW because they're not one-hit kills, but if they are... Not to mention that god awful spawning system.
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
That's the point I'm making. But you seem to think that "quick scoping" is balanced and therefore fun, which Treyarch seems to disagree with (as well as I).

Also, "most people" and "I" are not synonymous, unless you can find some sort of statistic.
My point is that the guns seem to have been nerfed to the point where they will be completely ineffective and redundant, which to me is unbalanced.
Since when is it "unbalanced" to encourage players to use a sniper rifle correctly?
If you ask me it screws sniping up for regular snipers as well. Late in my MW2 'career' I started sniping too and many-a times I only had targets in my sights for a second or so. Thanks to this I wouldn't be able to shoot them, even when I'm not quick-scoping (which I don't even know how to do), because I have to wait for the gun to...I don't know, activate or something.

As for the chopper gunner, it's more a complaint against the spawn system than against the actual killstreak. It's absolutely stupid to have so many spawn points in the open when there's such a powerful killstreak like the chopper gunner. It also seems to kill really fast. Like 2 hits and that's it. That's simply not fair when you've just spawned.