Blizzard: Expect More WoW Expansions, Sooner

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Nazulu said:
Compatriot Block said:
I think I'm going to avoid quoting the posts above mine, or I'll end up getting cranky.
Get cranky then. What do you really want to say to me, huh? If you know something we don't then you should share it. Unless your just going to throw insults too. This what I'm actually talking about if anyone is confused.

Do you know what it's like to be continuously told "you're ignorant" through quotes like "you have nostalgia glasses", "haters gonna hate" or "stop acting like a child"? Give me a good reason why I shouldn't be annoyed time to time.
I actually wasn't referring to you at all. Jesus, throw your tantrum elsewhere. I hadn't even read your post yet.

I've seen your posts in other threads too, and I'll be direct like you always demand. You enter threads with a chip on your shoulder, looking for something to get pissed about. I'm not going to give you a "good reason" for jack shit, because I don't care whether or not you find my posts (which again, had nothing to do with you) annoying.

Since you are confused, I was expecting people to be complaining about the expansion because of misunderstanding some of the released information. I have pointed out ways that they have been mistaken over the past couple of days in a couple posts, and I am tired of negativity, so I wasn't going to this time. It's their opinion, not my business or problem.

But you're special I guess.
Oh Ok. So your timing was just terrible. Gotcha. Next time be more clear then.

And yeah, I sometimes target people who take silent stabs at me, is there a problem with that?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Nazulu said:
VanQ said:
Nazulu said:
WAAH! STOP LIKING WHAT I DON"T LIKE!
I just went ahead and summed up your entire post for you in one easy sentence. Just because you don't see the value in the games it doesn't mean others don't. WoW has more content than ever before and more freedom to play how you want to play than it ever did before.

Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm BOTH had more content that SC and Brood War combined.

I can't comment on Diablo because I didn't play Diablo 3.
Fantastic. You just proved my point.

This is a perfect example of not understanding of what I'm talking about, just the pathetic generalising that makes me see no reason to respect your opinion at all.

I am sick of passive aggressive posts like yours Van, and it's pretty much why there will never be and end to the flame war. Read your post again, because you didn't prove a fucking thing, you just wanted to make a quick insult to solve whatever problems you may have.
What exactly did you "reveal" about me? That I like WoW and SC2? What an awful person I am.

If you're not happy with the cash shop in WoW, then don't use it. The cash shop does literally nothing to change the gameplay. Also, WoW is not easier than ever, it just has easier options than ever. The heroic mode raids are still there for people that want to push themselves to the limit. They are damn hard, I'm sorry that you see people enjoying LFR and that grinds your gears. I'll let them play how they want and I'll play how I want, because the options are there.

The subscription isn't a problem to me. It keeps the qualityof the content higher than most other games to have a guaranteed source of income. And I worked out the monthly subscription fee just now to be literally 0.2% of my monthly income and I don't even earn that much. It's literally a drop in the bucket.

Funny thing is, I agree with you entirely on Diablo 3. I avoided it because of the real money AH and always online. I still haven't bought or played it and won't do so until they make it offline for the PC.

Way to "reveal" people like me. How dare we enjoy Blizzard games or have standards lower than yours.

scotth266 said:
It's good to see the character models getting a facelift, but to be honest I don't see this fixing the real problem with WoW: 90% of the content is irrelevant. Once you get to end-game raiding the game's a ton of fun, but there's so much pointless boondoggle crap between you and those raids that you can't help feeling like you're being punished for putting your money in.

One need only look at crafting to realize the point I'm trying to make here. The only reason to craft stuff prior to the current expansion's additions is to level your crafting so you CAN craft that stuff. You're being shown all of this content and then told that it's pointless.

Blizzard at this point needs to seriously revamp a huge portion of the game, and the more content they add, the more difficult that mission becomes.
Blizzard has actually alleviated that by offering a one time boost to level 90 for one character on your account when you purchase WoD. So if you've been gone a while or are new to the game and don't want to have to drudge through irrelevant content, that's an option.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
cursedseishi said:
Nazulu said:
Get cranky then. What do you really want to say to me, huh? If you know something we don't then you should share it. Unless your just going to throw insults too. This what I'm actually talking about if anyone is confused.

Do you know what it's like to be continuously told "you're ignorant" through quotes like "you have nostalgia glasses", "haters gonna hate" or "stop acting like a child"? Give me a good reason why I shouldn't be annoyed time to time.
Reading your post, all I can really think of is... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", and I wonder... "Does he understand what that means?"
Because jumping right into your first post on a topic is SOOOOO productive when it's blatantly rude and ostracizing towards others who don't share the same opinion, and the only defense for it is "PEOPLE DO IT TO ME SO I DO IT FIRST!".

Blatant assumptions and a general ignorance of civility is no excuse for it, and all it does is, as you said, make people say "stop acting like a child." Not that I condone the manner in which Van responded to you, but again your initial post is made in such a manner that it invites it, rather than discourages it.

FYI, welcome to the internet, where you'll hear that everywhere. It's called block/ignore users and reporting posts that are blatantly in violation of said sites rules. Have a nice day.
I answered the question truthfully, where is the first sin? I want to know what your exactly talking about.

And if you are talking about my last paragraph then you've missed the point entirely. Every time I say something against Blizzard I will have someone do it to me regardless, but this time I'm on the prowl. And since no one cares when they do it to me, I see no reason why I can't do it to them. How else are they gonna learn, eh?

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Nazulu said:
Compatriot Block said:
Nazulu said:
Compatriot Block said:
I think I'm going to avoid quoting the posts above mine, or I'll end up getting cranky.

I actually wasn't referring to you at all. Jesus, throw your tantrum elsewhere. I hadn't even read your post yet.

I've seen your posts in other threads too, and I'll be direct like you always demand. You enter threads with a chip on your shoulder, looking for something to get pissed about. I'm not going to give you a "good reason" for jack shit, because I don't care whether or not you find my posts (which again, had nothing to do with you) annoying.

Since you are confused, I was expecting people to be complaining about the expansion because of misunderstanding some of the released information. I have pointed out ways that they have been mistaken over the past couple of days in a couple posts, and I am tired of negativity, so I wasn't going to this time. It's their opinion, not my business or problem.

But you're special I guess.
Oh Ok. So your timing was just terrible. Gotcha. Next time be more clear then.

And yeah, I sometimes target people who take silent stabs at me, is there a problem with that?
The victim act is tired.

And my timing was terrible? Even when you're almost admitting that you're wrong, you're being ridiculously arrogant. I love how you're giving orders though. Very intimidating.

VanQ said:
MoP has been the best expansion yet and Siege of Orgrimmar has been the best raid since Ulduar in my opinion. I'll be buying WoD. I'm a bit apprehensive with what they're doing to gear and stats but as long as the raid content keeps coming I'll keep playing.
How do you feel about the potential stat-squish? As much as I like soloing old content, I'd be willing to deal with more difficulty there if it means we aren't all critting in the millions soon.

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
You do the dailies to grind the rep to get the gear to do the heroics to get to the raids to wait for the patch to do the new raids and farm the new rep to wait for the patch to do the new raids and farm the new rep...

...and the world keeps turning, and Blizzard promises more expansion packs, and they're gonna come out faster this time! Just like they've said before!

Let me know when they update the combat and break out of that fucking horrible mold of literally grinding dailies non-stop. Then I'll gladly pay the $15 a month.

At least my dwarf who's been in purgatory for the last 4 years will look more like a dwarf and less like Play Dough if he ever sees the light of day again.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
VanQ said:
Nazulu said:
VanQ said:
Nazulu said:
WAAH! STOP LIKING WHAT I DON"T LIKE!
I just went ahead and summed up your entire post for you in one easy sentence. Just because you don't see the value in the games it doesn't mean others don't. WoW has more content than ever before and more freedom to play how you want to play than it ever did before.

Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm BOTH had more content that SC and Brood War combined.

I can't comment on Diablo because I didn't play Diablo 3.
Fantastic. You just proved my point.

This is a perfect example of not understanding of what I'm talking about, just the pathetic generalising that makes me see no reason to respect your opinion at all.

I am sick of passive aggressive posts like yours Van, and it's pretty much why there will never be and end to the flame war. Read your post again, because you didn't prove a fucking thing, you just wanted to make a quick insult to solve whatever problems you may have.
What exactly did you "reveal" about me? That I like WoW and SC2? What an awful person I am.

If you're not happy with the cash shop in WoW, then don't use it. The cash shop does literally nothing to change the gameplay. Also, WoW is not easier than ever, it just has easier options than ever. The heroic mode raids are still there for people that want to push themselves to the limit. They are damn hard, I'm sorry that you see people enjoying LFR and that grinds your gears. I'll let them play how they want and I'll play how I want, because the options are there.

The subscription isn't a problem to me. It keeps the qualityof the content higher than most other games to have a guaranteed source of income. And I worked out the monthly subscription fee just now to be literally 0.2% of my monthly income and I don't even earn that much. It's literally a drop in the bucket.

Funny thing is, I agree with you entirely on Diablo 3. I avoided it because of the real money AH and always online. I still haven't bought or played it and won't do so until they make it offline for the PC.

Way to "reveal" people like me. How dare we enjoy Blizzard games or have standards lower than yours.
Wow. Did you really think I was talking about who liked what? No. I was talking about flippant posts that are just there to put down others. That's it. These generalisations are what I'm talking about.

I want to know if it's because I took a stab at Blizzard. Is that what fired you up?

Edit: Sorry for screwing that quote up.

Nilanius

Apr 6, 2009
BQE said:
synobal said:
Like a man desperately doing chest compressions to a corpse, maybe if blizzard compresses faster it might jump start it's heart.
That's just so mean! The game is not dead!

"It is not possible to kill that which has no life."
To quote a certain story.

WoW is fine, doomsaying has been systemic with various MMOs for a while now; Blizzard's entry is certainly no different. I understand there's a phenomenon involving people hating things people do that are successful that other people strive to imitate, but I've found my experience with Blizzard's games to be great.

It's almost as if people want World of Warcraft to sputter, fail, and cease to exist.

I must ask, why? If people continue to enjoy the franchise what harm is there in letting it continue to be?
I was a Blizzard supporter since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I owned every single one of their games, beta tested 3 expansions of WoW. Ever since Activision took them over, the quality of their story telling has declined, the stability of their game has become laughable, and their solution to their problems is to double down. WoW had original story telling until cataclysm, when most of its content was ripped off from other sources, and started doing mary sues with its lore characters. The trend continued in MoP and their much loved CRZ had so many bugs that were reported during their "beta" which was more of a "here's a free preview" because them bugs went live, and their lead developer gave their bug reporters a big F you by telling them that if they dislike CRZ, it's because they just want a single player game and should go play skyrim instead.

The decline started in cataclysm, they lost more during MoP in less than 1 year, than it took Cataclysm. And now, they are going for even crappier stories, going pay to win, and ignoring the causes of their games decline by doubling down and continuing down a path that caused the mess to begin with. So in a nutshell, WoW and Blizzard used to be a name brand, now, it deserves to go down into oblivion.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
VanQ said:
MoP has been the best expansion yet and Siege of Orgrimmar has been the best raid since Ulduar in my opinion. I'll be buying WoD. I'm a bit apprehensive with what they're doing to gear and stats but as long as the raid content keeps coming I'll keep playing.
How do you feel about the potential stat-squish? As much as I like soloing old content, I'd be willing to deal with more difficulty there if it means we aren't all critting in the millions soon.
I'm not too worried about the stat squish personally. As far as I've heard, if you can do it now, you can do it after the squish. Blizzard said that they were simply applying a flat % across all content and characters. So oyur numbers won't be as big but you'll be doing an equal % of damage as you were before.

I will miss my 3 million Chaos Bolts though. Ahh well, better take some screenshots now.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
The victim act is tired.

And my timing was terrible? Even when you're almost admitting that you're wrong, you're being ridiculously arrogant. I love how you're giving orders though. Very intimidating.
Victim act? Admitting I'm wrong? Arrogant? Giving orders?

I dare you to explain these.

Edit: Ah shit. Screwed up the quote

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Nazulu said:
Wow. Did you really think I was talking about who liked what? No. I was talking about flippant posts that are just there to put down others. That's it. These generalisations are what I'm talking about.

I want to know if it's because I took a stab at Blizzard. Is that what fired you up?
Or you know, when you came in here and started blithering about how dare our standards be so low when compared to your mighty standards of goodness? You literally entered this conversation with a blanket statement that anyone that doesn't hold up to your opinion or standards that they are lower than you.

You came into a topic about WoW and flipped out about how it's so far below you and anyone that happens to like it must have low standards. You appear to be completely ignorant to the fact that the cash shop in WoW changed literally nothing in the actual gameplay model or mechanics of the game.

And I think Blizzard's choice to split the SC2 campaign into three is a logical one from both a business and gameplay perspective. We're getting 2 full length campaigns for the price of an expansion pack and you're complaining?

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
VanQ said:
Compatriot Block said:
VanQ said:
I'm not too worried about the stat squish personally. As far as I've heard, if you can do it now, you can do it after the squish. Blizzard said that they were simply applying a flat % across all content and characters. So oyur numbers won't be as big but you'll be doing an equal % of damage as you were before.

I will miss my 3 million Chaos Bolts though. Ahh well, better take some screenshots now.
Apparently though, because of the exponential growth between expansions, a flat percentage cut to us at level 90 is much more significant than it is for level 60 monsters. There have been big write-ups with more math than is reasonable, but I guess the gist of it is that we will lose more stats relative to our current numbers than, say, Molten Core will.

Adamantium93

Jun 9, 2010
Nilanius said:
The decline started in cataclysm, they lost more during MoP in less than 1 year, than it took Cataclysm. And now, they are going for even crappier stories, going pay to win, and ignoring the causes of their games decline by doubling down and continuing down a path that caused the mess to begin with.
1. Most of the lost subs were lost during Cata or right before MoP was released. In short, Cata was the weight that drove everything down. The sub losses are starting to stabilize and its still larger than any of its competition.

2. Crappier stories? They've revealed so little about the next expansion, how do you already know the whole plot?

3. Pay to win? I may be mistaken, but I don't believe any part of WoW is pay to win.

4. The causes of their game's decline. Which would be...what exactly? Everyone seems to have an opinion on this yet they are almost never the same (unless they're incredibly vague). Considering that they ask you why you quit when you quit, I'm sure Blizz knows exactly why they've lost the numbers they lost and are taking steps to change. MoP, for instance, was very much a different game (well, as different as you can get realistically) from Cata. Whether it was a right direction or a wrong direction, it was a change and not continuing down the same path. On the whole, MoP has been well received.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
VanQ said:
Nazulu said:

Or you know, when you came in here and started blithering about how dare our standards be so low when compared to your mighty standards of goodness? You literally entered this conversation with a blanket statement that anyone that doesn't hold up to your opinion or standards that they are lower than you.

You came into a topic about WoW and flipped out about how it's so far below you and anyone that happens to like it must have low standards. You appear to be completely ignorant to the fact that the cash shop in WoW changed literally nothing in the actual gameplay model or mechanics of the game.

And I think Blizzard's choice to split the SC2 campaign into three is a logical one from both a business and gameplay perspective. We're getting 2 full length campaigns for the price of an expansion pack and you're complaining?
So your just hanging off the standards remark? Funny, because it's no more offensive than the generalisations I get all the time. Congratulations, now you know how annoying it is. However, there is a reason I said it other than that.

Yeah, I find these changes to the franchises ridiculous, and that should be understandable since no one asked to separate the campaigns in Starcraft 2, that's just blatant money grabbing. I don't see why they can't build on all 3 campaigns in one game, it's been going on for awhile now and everybody was happy with it.

As for WoW selling mounts at lower levels for cash, that changes a lot. It was a challenge to save, so they just threw it out the window. These are part of the same thing, to just milk off people without thinking of the quality of the experience. It should not be encouraged. I wouldn't mind options where they could of just sold skins for certain characters and mounts.

I don't know where you got that those people must be far below me or whatever, it must be for dramatic effect and so I don't care.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
BQE said:
I must ask, why? If people continue to enjoy the franchise what harm is there in letting it continue to be?
well, since you asked ....

cause to many still think the best way to beat WoW is to copy it. Also. I don't like it. :p

OT: while I'm not playing it, nor am I going to be playing it, 'more expansions sooner' does not sound good ... my own bias against the game aside, how can they maintain the level of quality the people that actually like the game expect if they start kicking them out like it's Madden?

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
BQE said:
well, since you asked ....

cause to many still think the best way to beat WoW is to copy it. Also. I don't like it. :p

OT: while I'm not playing it, nor am I going to be playing it, 'more expansions sooner' does not sound good ... my own bias against the game aside, how can they maintain the level of quality the people that actually like the game expect if they start kicking them out like it's Madden?
It's based on an increased development team/having a fairly functional release schedule versus disparate patches or having only a vague idea of what they're doing. The whole "content release pipe-line" as an idea is actually pretty recent, so they've had to adjust to players wanting to consume more content rather than being able to go through it multiple times/take a while to go through it. Essentially, the playerbase evolved past the game's capacity in some ways. As a player this actually does not sound that bad, although it coming with a patching system would probably be preferable.

In short: The words you're looking for are "assembly line", not necessarily rushed. I don't think there's been that much just straight up filler content for a while, although opinions may vary.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
They're going to just end up bloating their game even more. Having an insane amount of expansions makes the game far less appealing to newcomers, I'd wager.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Nilanius said:
As someone who has been with them since "the beginning", would you accept the argument that it wasn't Activision that killed the lore, but the fact that they were using unimportant lore?

No one cared about Deathwing. No one. No one cared about the Pandas, until Garrosh got heavily involved and we got to fight him.

But now, going back to actual WoW lore with Thrall and the Orc clans? You can't say that sucks. That is fucking awesome.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Isn't it time to put this tired old MMO to bed and make something new? It really is showing its age now.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Out of topic a little:

I only played the first 3 Warcraft games, the strategy games. Never played WoW.
How much the story of the game changed because of the WoW? I heared some bad things, but never something specific about it.